• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Prefered horror games

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Silent Hill 2 was the only horror game that really left a lasting impact on me. I suppose because Psychological horror is something that I find more inherently disturbing, so I guess there is some bias there. Regardless, imo it's by far the most creepy of the series.

I recommend Doki Doki (steam) but WITH the warning that it is a psychological horror.
It comes with warnings that those with mental issues (myself VERY included) should use caution when playing it.
It is a good game though.

Inkstars

Radioactive Monster
I'm a wimp when it comes to horror games haha! I mean, there are parts of Fallout 3 that give me the willies XD.

That said, I do really love psycological horror best, even if it gives me the worst anxiety, so if I ~could~ play I'd probably play Amnesia.

I sat through the teaser thing with my husband and girlfriend for Silent Hills.... I had the worst kind of panic attack afterward even if it was AMAZING. So yeah lmao. It was the perfect levels of creepy and awful, with a nice tolerable amount of bloodiness. (I'm not sure if Resident Evil or Silent Hill would be in my preferred range, I mean, I love the art, and I've seen most of the Resident Evil films, but games are more immersive for me. That said, there was a spot in Woman in Black that made me straight up SCREAM because of immersion and built up tension.)

GTHusky

I love horror games, but it sucks that sometimes I can't handle the pressure XD I grew up with Resident Evil, so that would be my top choice, even though they are not really that scary. If I have to choose my top by how scary or well-made they are I would say these (in no particular order):

1. Dead Space
2. Dead Space 2
3. Alien Isolation
4. Resident Evil 2 (and RE2 Remake)
5. Resident Evil 0
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Resident Evil 7
8 Resident Evil 1 Remake

My weakness is games were you're chased (run and hide mechanics) and jumpscared. Alien Isolation is by far one of the scariest games I've played because of this, but I loved it so much that I had to beat it at least once. There is only one game that manged to defeat me, and that would be Outlast. I just couldn't handle it :D