• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Prey

Zippo

Banned
Banned
Who else has been treated to this graphically intense masterpiece?

Fan journal entry here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/22407/

:3

-Z

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
If you mean Graphic Masterpiece it won't last long. I played it at a mates place, fun but just didn't 'do' it for me.

Little_Dragon

Incognito, Ergo Sum
Seen it, and while I think it has some potential, I agree in general with Bokracroc.

I'm feeling a lot more enthusiastic about Portal, myself.

this game rocks!! i have had it for about a week for 360 not pc and i must say i'm very impressed. not necessarily with the graphics, which are good mind you, but more with the gameplay in general. even though the game is pretty short as i only have 2 more levels to go at this point it's still good cuz of the way the gravity and overall orientation works not to mention the portals. on the stage downward spiral ther is a part where you see a portal in a box and when you look inside you see yourself looking into that box. you can even shoot yourself if you want to. so it's very creative in the way it was done and while it may not be the best game on the market it's still one of the better ones. ^@^

Myr

Big Dragon
I've really been disappointed with what's been made with the Doom 3 engine. :( Doom 3 itself was good (despite lacking vehicles), but then Quake 4 just felt a lot like more of the same and Prey looks to be following in its footsteps.

Personally, I've been avoiding nearly every new video game since I've come to see most of the industry as an uninnovative cesspool of the same recycled ideas. I'm really tired of shooting up gorey monsters in dark rooms. I'd love to bring change with a variety of new ideas, but I think I'm killing off my aspirations to pursue a gaming career in favor of writing.

true that shooting monsters in dark rooms is kinda' boring after a while. but when it comes to shooting an enemy on the ceiling and accidentally stepping through a portal that sends you over to a wall that makes you confused as you are now facing enemies that appear to be on the wall cuz the camera orients itself behind you, thus making you feel like you are a still on the ground only to realise seconds later that you are not. it can be very disorienting. which is what makes it different. that doesn't make it better mind you but it does break the monotony of just shooting monsters in dark rooms.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
Myr said:
I've really been disappointed with what's been made with the Doom 3 engine. :( Doom 3 itself was good (despite lacking vehicles), but then Quake 4 just felt a lot like more of the same and Prey looks to be following in its footsteps.

Personally, I've been avoiding nearly every new video game since I've come to see most of the industry as an uninnovative cesspool of the same recycled ideas. I'm really tired of shooting up gorey monsters in dark rooms. I'd love to bring change with a variety of new ideas, but I think I'm killing off my aspirations to pursue a gaming career in favor of writing.

I don't like the Doom 3 engine in general. Nor did I like Doom 3. :D

I like the Unreal (whatever version it is now) engine over that.

Charha

I played the game a bit. I felt like I was constantly surrounded by sphincters. It was pretty cool I guess, but for me it could've been better.

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
*chuckles*

It's really all I know about the game.

Span_Wolf

silverwolfe said:
Myr said:

I don't like the Doom 3 engine in general. Nor did I like Doom 3. :D

I like the Unreal (whatever version it is now) engine over that.
Unreal Engine 3 is the latest version that is currently being used to develop next gen titles.

Charha said:
I played the game a bit. I felt like I was constantly surrounded by sphincters. It was pretty cool I guess, but for me it could've been better.
If you go further in the game giant vaginas become the norm... No I couldn't just make this up.

Just beat it myself, enjoyed myself thoroughly.