• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Primeval

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
What came before God.

If you don't believe in God, then take your own Creation opinion (Big Bang, Gang Bang, etc.), and tell what you think came before that.

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
Furries did.

Like I could even guess.

I actually thought of a really good explanation for the infinite regression, but I'm not disclosing it at this time, because I actually want to write a book with it.

SirRob

Well, if you're Christian, then nothing existed before God, right? But God didn't spontaneously appear, He was always there.

If you're not religious, then I'm pretty sure you won't be finding your answer anytime soon.

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
Well, if you're Christian, then nothing existed before God, right? But God didn't spontaneously appear, He was always there.

If you're not religious, then I'm pretty sure you won't be finding your answer anytime soon.

God might seem to exist forever to us, because he existed before time started, but that doesn't mean that he existed forever. How do we tell time? By noting changes around us. Even if he only came into existence right before the universe was created, he would seem to have been there forever because time just started for us.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
If where god is from doesn't have time then that would explain why he knows everything beforehand.
Also since god existed before the universe then he didn't originate from our universe which means doesn't have to follow our laws of physics which would explain pretty much everything.
[/thread]

Last edited:

Tally

I like to believe something like in Isaac Asimov's "Big Bang" short story happened.

It's been a few years since I last read it, but the general gist of it was that two men wanted to go back in time to the moment of creation. They had their machine set, and made the journey back to the moment of the big bang. However, once they got there it was just vast nothingness. Then they realized, too late, that their being there caused a change in the areas mass, causing the big bang.

I'm sure I didn't explain it correctly, but that was the idea of it.

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
If where god is from doesn't have time then that would explain why he knows everything beforehand.
Also since god existed before the universe then he didn't originate from our universe which means doesn't have to follow our laws of physics which would explain pretty much everything.
[/thread]

That still doesn't explain where God came from.
[thread]

CannonFodder

That still doesn't explain where God came from.
[thread]
It wouldn't matter if where he is from does not have a time dimension.
Think about it how would you describe a universe without time and everything that has happened, is happening and will happen is in a single moment of time?

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
It wouldn't matter if where he is from does not have a time dimension.
Think about it how would you describe a universe without time and everything that has happened, is happening and will happen is in a single moment of time?

It has time, we just can't measure it because it doesn't have that which we use to measure time (change). For example, if you think of the classic 'whitespace' theory, it would be hard to measure time.

CannonFodder

It has time, we just can't measure it because it doesn't have that which we use to measure time (change).
So if his universe is only a planck amount of time?
Also if his universe has no entropy because there is no time?

It has time, we just can't measure it because it doesn't have that which we use to measure time (change). For example, if you think of the classic 'whitespace' theory, it would be hard to measure time.
Clocks

On topic:
Apparently nothing came before the big bang because there was no time before the big bang, or some crap like that. I tend not to think of it often, and I really don't care.

CannonFodder

Clocks

On topic:
Apparently nothing came before the big bang because there was no time before the big bang, or some crap like that. I tend not to think of it often, and I really don't care.
Pretty much we know the big bang happened, but if someone says they know why the universe came about they're full of shit, because we could never test it, also the shear ridiculous number of theories about what happened before the universe makes it obvious. No seriously if you tried reading all the theories of why the universe came about and what happened before you will spend your entire life trying to read them.

Pretty much we know the big bang happened, but if someone says they know why the universe came about they're full of shit, because we could never test it, also the shear ridiculous number of theories about what happened before the universe makes it obvious. No seriously if you tried reading all the theories of why the universe came about and what happened before you will spend your entire life trying to read them.
I know what you mean >.<
There's reading them, and then there's understanding them too!
I've tried grasping the concept of string theory so many times, but, wtf man?

CannonFodder

I know what you mean >.<
There's reading them, and then there's understanding them too!
I've tried grasping the concept of string theory so many times, but, wtf man?
I understand string theory for the most part, also it's competing theory which ironically has more evidence towards.
Pretty much we don't know what happened before the universe because the laws of physics didn't exist yet.
You can make any theory you want even to the point that the flying spaghetti monster created the universe, all of which will have the exact amount of evidence to support it.

3picFox

An hero...
Dinosarz r00led the erf.

I don't really care what came before existence, or God. I only care about the future.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I cannot say; I wasn't there. I do not know, and do not care.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
This, except I sorta care insofar as simple scientific curiosity is concerned.
What I said was wrong anyway; EVERYONE was there when it happened, just not in the same form!