• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Primeval

T

Tycho

What I said was wrong anyway; EVERYONE was there when it happened, just not in the same form!

Well, if the whole "spontaneous creation" thing Hawking is... well, hawking has truth to it, maybe not. Maybe you've got a few particles in you that simply winked into existence somewhere down the line after the bang.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Ooh! Goody - I seriously adore theoretical science etc.

I'm a big bang believer. I'm not in the religious "whatever floats your boat" boat. I completely understand what happened between the big bang and here.

From the moment of the Bang through the whole quantum bubbles etc. to the present day (no, I'm not talking gibberish (fingers crossed) I can mathematically prove it if any of you can be arsed following me up on that one).

However what happened before the Big Bang could NEVER be found out. It's a physical impossibility.

And for that matter, it really doesn't matter.

Why - just why, would it ACTUALLY have any effect whatsoever on us? Some theory says that when matter collapses into a black hole, a new universe flowers out that exists within that black hole - which gives rise to a Last-Visible-Dog scenario... :p

But honestly, I can't disprove it, but it doesn't bother me because I could never prove or disprove it.

So really, OP's question is moronic. Soz, no hard feelings. ;)

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
Except that clocks rely on change in gears and springs to tell time. Plus, if a clock existed in white space, it's gravity would begin to pull the white space towards it, thereby causing change. It would cease to be 'whitespace.'

I understand string theory for the most part, also it's competing theory which ironically has more evidence towards.
Pretty much we don't know what happened before the universe because the laws of physics didn't exist yet.
You can make any theory you want even to the point that the flying spaghetti monster created the universe, all of which will have the exact amount of evidence to support it.
That would imply that Italians created the universe.

Dinosarz r00led the erf.

I don't really care what came before existence, or God. I only care about the future.
What if the future is in the past?

However what happened before the Big Bang could NEVER be found out. It's a physical impossibility.

And for that matter, it really doesn't matter.

Why - just why, would it ACTUALLY have any effect whatsoever on us? Some theory says that when matter collapses into a black hole, a new universe flowers out that exists within that black hole - which gives rise to a Last-Visible-Dog scenario... :p

But honestly, I can't disprove it, but it doesn't bother me because I could never prove or disprove it.

So really, OP's question is moronic. Soz, no hard feelings. ;)
It's not that my question is moronic, it's that you don't understand the concept of the question. It doesn't effect our personal lives, therefore people are less likely to get butt-hurt talking about it. The question isn't meant to be answered, it's meant to provoke thought. You failed at that.

You failed to think.

You failed at philosophy.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
It's not that my question is moronic, it's that you don't understand the concept of the question. It doesn't effect our personal lives, therefore people are less likely to get butt-hurt talking about it. The question isn't meant to be answered, it's meant to provoke thought. You failed at that.

You failed to think.

You failed at philosophy.

I did not fail to think, nor did I fail at philosophy, I thought and I concluded. That was the thinking. Furthermore, if you define philosophy by the study of that which is impossible, you need to read a dictionary.

Atrak

Psychological Egoist.
I did not fail to think, nor did I fail at philosophy, I thought and I concluded. That was the thinking. Furthermore, if you define philosophy by the study of that which is impossible, you need to read a dictionary.

The only true impossibility is the existence of an impossibility.

When you first responded, you did not think. You simply recited a popular theory and then said that it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it matters. You said that what came before the beginning can't be found out. I'm not asking for scientific evidence. I'm asking for thoughts. Quoting 'facts' =/= thinking. That's probably why I never liked history class. If we were limited to what it fact, then we would never have invented the wheel. After all, it was a fact back then that the only form of transportation were legs and wings.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
The only true impossibility is the existence of an impossibility.

When you first responded, you did not think. You simply recited a popular theory and then said that it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it matters. You said that what came before the beginning can't be found out. I'm not asking for scientific evidence. I'm asking for thoughts. Quoting 'facts' =/= thinking. That's probably why I never liked history class. If we were limited to what it fact, then we would never have invented the wheel. After all, it was a fact back then that the only form of transportation were legs and wings.

On the contrary, I would say that facts =/= not thinking. I don't care whether it is a popular theory or not, as that does not change my opinion. This thread was created to ask for the opinions people had regarding before the beginning. I gave you my opinion loud and clear: My opinion is that there was nothing before the beginning because we are completely encompassed in this universe. What you're saying is that my opinion is invalid because it does not suggest something before the beginning. That to me is like saying that because test results show no correlation, they are not valid results - which is obviously bullshit.

I think you need to think carefully before dismissing a suggestion such as mine. Especially one coming from such a heavily scientific source. You asked for my opinion, and so you got it. Capiche?

Xavan

Religious:God was always here
Non-religious:,"Who gives a flying shit"
Scientists:Big Bang
Pervert: quote Atrak,"gang bang"
God:,"You dare ask this!!?"
Scientoligist:,"I don't know, L. Ronn Hubbard hasn't been reicnarnated to write about it yet...wonder when he'll get here"

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Allow me to clarify this debate so far in simple easy terms we can all relate to:

mikimikimiki9 said:
man fuck a white fardzz!!! MUSLIMS FOR LIFE!!! AND BOSNIA WAS A MUSLIM TERITORY AND WILL BE!! BELIEVE THAT!! HOE ASS NIGGAZZ....FUCK SERBS,,,FUCK BIRTISH..FUCK NATO..THEY DIDNT DO SHIT TO HELP OUT INNOCENT BOSNIAN PEOPLE...MUHADZEDINS ARE THE ONSE WHOM WE CAN BE THANKSFULL AND ALL OF OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS THAT HAVE STOOD UP AND FOUGHT THESE UGLEY ASS SONS OF A BITCHES!!! MAJKU VAM JEBEM SRBSKU ..FACISTICKU U SRED PIZDE SVIMA!!!

I'm a bit unsure about this one. Since space and time are the same thing, technically time should have begun when space did - at the Big Bang. Saying there was anything "before" that wouldn't make any sense, then.

But since cosmologists are wrestling with what might have come "before the Big Bang," I guess that makes me wonder what they mean.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Flying Spaghetti Monster. /Thread.