• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Princess Bunny VN

RoxyHana

Princess Bunny ♥
Sooo I'm starting this cutie project I'm very excited about but I would need some opinions, ideas, suggestions...!

What kind of VN do you like? How do you imagine this one? A simple dating game? Or maybe adventure? Or maybe a story mode and a dating mode? Not sure where to start, the engine is ready (I'm a programmer) and I have no idea how to continue! >.<

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
I would say story mode with dating as an option. A just dating sim can get very samey after a while. A story mode give more time for the player to get invested in the characters and the world and gives you more opportunity to inject tension, drama, humour, etc… into the game.

RoxyHana

Princess Bunny ♥
Ah that looks like a cool project! I wonder how it is going?

Glad you find it interesting!
The project is paused until I get more support on patreon to work on it, I just left my job this month to focus on being a freelance artist so I am getting closer!

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
I've not had any real experience yet with Visual Novels, but I am a fan of adventure stories, and I do think that as has been suggested, adding an option for dating as a side story, rather than the main focus, would make for an enjoyable game.

Dead'nFluffy

as has been suggested, adding an option for dating as a side story, rather than the main focus, would make for an enjoyable game.

I tottally agree about that! I'm trying to make an RPG game based on a visual novel myself and I think giving the player a good story is much more important than making it just another well... basically sex game. Romance and nsfw content is always nice, but if making game just about that. a different engine could be more effective.

Speaking of which... if you don't mind sharing RoxyHana, are you going to make everything from scratch or use some software?

RoxyHana

Princess Bunny ♥
Speaking of which... if you don't mind sharing RoxyHana, are you going to make everything from scratch or use some software?

I am programming from scratch! Learned Unity and I already have the basic code working to start new game, dialogues, choices.. But of course it needs a lot of work still.

My idea is to share the creation progress on patreon once my boss let's me go from my other job (programming at a company, tired of their sh*t x.x)

RoxyHana

Princess Bunny ♥
By the way since this post was revived:

I created this post in november last year very motivated to learn Unity, but with my main job + university + being a housekeeper + trying to be an artist... I just reached my limit and couldn't add the game learning to my list, so it was paused.
It's a coincidence that you guys revived this post right the month when I decided to finally leave my programmer job to focus on art and my own projects, included programming games! So I'm really happy about the interest shown and hope to start working on this very very soon! <3

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
Ooh a visual novel! I happen to really like those!
Good luck with your project, whatever genre you end up doing, it looks really promising.

Dead'nFluffy

OMG I'm so happy to hear the good news! :D I know that taking several projects at once and trying to keep up with them can be devastating to one's health and hell, you took a lot upon yourself. Respect. Even more that you decided to make it from scratch! I took the Renpy shortcut, but then again I'm not a programmer. I so absoltely cheer for you with this project!