• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Printer/scanner issue

Gavrill

ladies~
In this house there are two scanners. Apparently they both work on my landlord's computer (desktop) but he may already have them installed. I'm not allowed to use his computer (fair enough, because he can't use mine, etc).

My mom used to be able to use them but then her hard drive crashed and she had to reinstall Windows.

So herein is the issue -
I can't seem to use the printer/scanners without the required install discs. One is a PrinTrio P3150. The other is a Photosmart C3180 All-in-one. Both have exactly what I need (a damn scanner) BUT.
My CD drive is broken and has been for almost a year. It doesn't even show up on boot device order (for some reason the CD drive was actually first in line there, no idea why).

Sooo. Dilemma. Is there any way I can get these printers to work without downloading disc/info/disc-running stuff illegally? I have the CDs (somewhere) but there's no way to use them. And I can't use other people's computers for scanning (just a privacy thing). Any suggestions? Maybe a way to make them work without the install discs?

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..

Gavrill

ladies~
I didn't even know that was a thing.

I'm going to try this out and see what happens. I'll update you guys with what happens.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
I didn't even know that was a thing.

I'm going to try this out and see what happens. I'll update you guys with what happens.

yup! And the best thing is, it's all legal :D

Good luck!

Gavrill

ladies~
I've got everything plugged in and had the basic stuff installed but it wasn't working. Trying again with full install.

Gavrill

ladies~
Everything seems to have installed correctly but my laptop still doesn't seem to realize it is connected to a printer. Will troubleshoot some more.

Onnes

So your laptop doesn't see the printer at all? Is the printer connected directly, wirelessly, or over a network?