• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Prison games

O

Option7

I'm really interested in the whole prison lifestyle thing (big fan of prison films etc.) and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any decent prison-based games on the PS2?

Thanks.

Jekkal

Ratchet: Deadlocked is technically prison-based, but not in the 20th-century way.

O

Option7

It just seems really odd to me that they wouldn't have made one. It's got such great potential for storyline and gameplay.

(I've completed The Suffering. Not nearly as satisfying as it could've been)

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
What about the two "The Suffering" games?

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Eh?

I wouldn't even really say there's a market for it though. But even if there was no-one would do it because who the hell does something innovative these days? Yhey all get cancelled for another half-arsed, done-to-death franchise.

O

Option7

The Great Escape was kinda crappy IMO...

I really wish they'd make one... I think one that's simply about surviving prison 'til you get out would be cool, rather than the whole 'GOTTA GET OUT' thing.

themocaw

Something along the lines of Bully or GTA or Saint's Row? Move through the prison, make alliances, avoid getting beat up by roving gangs, and finally plan your escape?

It would be great for the simple reason that it would make Jack Thompson;s head asplode.

Well a game based on "The Shawshank Redemption" would be hard to make, though perhaps one more along the lines of "The Fortress" which was an awesome sci fi film.
Game play wise you could do an FPS styled game easily but a TPRPG like Morrowind and Oblivion would work better in that kind of setting.

O

Option7

I don't think an FPS would work at all.
It'd have to be third person, such as GTA.

starla

WelcomeTheCollapse said:
They need a game inspired by Prison Break....

What, you mean one where the first half is really tense and exciting and the second half is really lame? For me, Prison Break stopped being interesting after they escaped.

I can't think of any greysation prison games though.

themocaw

*imagines a GTA-type third person game with the guy running around through the prison when he rounds the corner and comes across a huge bald guy.*

*Hit L2 to target: the words "BUBBA: ANAL PLUNDERER" appear over the bald guy's head.*

Player: OH FSK.

*Player turns and runs, but the bad camera angle gets him stuck on a washing machine and he is caught by Bubba.*

Bubba: "Gonna have ourselves a little date now, pretty. . ."

*Cutscene showing a pair of pants being flung away, and the player character's kicking legs as he screams and we hear grunting and someone saying, "Take it like a bitch!".*

*Cutscene ends, and we regain control of the player character as he huddles in a prison shower crying his eyes out and trying to wash the filthy filthy feeling from his skin.*

BUGGERY LEVEL INCREASED TO 279.
SANITY LEVEL LOWERED TO 70

*Player reloads from a pror save after he finishes shuddering in horror.*

ceacar99

behold my boomstick!
honestly.... a "prison survival" game would SUCK.... think about it. you wake up in lock up, get a few hours in the yard, eat a crappy lunch(its sherburt day, YAY!), go back to lockup, read a book write or draw and then go to sleep. REAL entertianing... i mean cmon...

it would basically be a game with absolutely nothing to do. oh you might have the ocasional fist fight, but mostly its either you walking around, pumping iron, or laying around.....

O

Option7

Nah, you'd do missions, like get contraband and deal it out and smuggle shit in and I guess unltimatley the game would have to end with a breakout or there'd be no climax, but yeah, shit like that is what I was thinking about.

The Suffering is really the only game that comes to mind. I rented it and as a rental it was decent. I can't think of many others. Manhunt 2 is going to have a sort of "break out" theme to it, but it'll be from a mental hospital run by brainwashers. (Manhunt 2 will be coming to PS2, but I'm getting it for Wii.)

Touch the Dead for the DS takes place inside a prison for some areas, but it's more of a House of the Dead style game.