• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Progress so far..

NitroFastFur

Well, it's my first attempt and still a lot of work left, but it's starting to resemble a fursuit head
DSC_1909_copy_1560x2080.jpg

NitroFastFur

Actually, scratch that, I have some long pile black fur which I think will go on the top of the head each side of the green centre...

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Brave of you to start from scratch.

NitroFastFur

Made the eyes today, pretty pleased with how they turned out. There are a couple of bits I want to touch up, but they are essentially there.
DSC_1954_copy_2752x1548.jpg

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Be sure to put a matte black on the inside of the eyes so you don't get light bounce back that blocks your vision. Think of it as looking out of a screen door at night with the inside light on, then turning the light off and suddenly you can see.

NitroFastFur

Be sure to put a matte black on the inside of the eyes so you don't get light bounce back that blocks your vision. Think of it as looking out of a screen door at night with the inside light on, then turning the light off and suddenly you can see.
Ahh, good tip, thanks

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Yeah. I see the reflections on the eyes are off. Looking good though.

NitroFastFur

Yeah. I see the reflections on the eyes are off. Looking good though.
Thanks. I painted them prior to mounting, nothing a little touch up won't sort. I've been working on the nose this evening, surprisingly fiddly, but I'll get there. I'm surprised how good the visibility is in it.

Last edited:

NitroFastFur

I know this is a fursuiting thread. That said, I couldn't help noticing things in that garage like motorcycles and chainsaws. Hello from a fellow machinehead.
Good spot. Nitro likes to go fast, and races in the UK 9.50 bike drag racing championship, he also restores 80's and 90's motorcycles.

Last edited:

NitroFastFur

I find this inspiring
I need to try making my own head piece sometime.
Someday when I can afford it, anyway.
Thanks, I'd suggest watching tutorials on YouTube, I've not actually spent that much, but be prepared to fail before you succeed. Each attempt which doesn't work out is one closer to one which will