• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Projects you are working on

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
I would like to see what you are working on to keep you busy these days. Whether its a fence or a deck or a computer, whatever it might be, please feel free to share. :- )

I bought this 1965 Olds Cutlass about five years ago and have been slowly working on the restoration. All but the first picture was taken in the summer of last year. The Crager rims that are on it were already mine, I was just using them so I could roll the car around the garage. I basically just wanted to show some progress on the car and how I was able to hoist the body off the car up and roll the chassis in and out of the garage. However, since these pictures were taken I've seated the body back down on the chassis and replaced the body mounts as well as tear down the front end suspension.

I'm looking forward to warm summer time so I can get back out there and get to work.

CJK3dp6.jpg

9UfIqzH.jpg

bbPOoQq.jpg

WyHHzPN.jpg

Ty2inI7.jpg

XFDSP3b.jpg

Fr100yO.jpg

D

Deleted member 82554

Think I have more chores than I do projects, and I have a butt load of both... I'm honestly not to sure what to list. :confused:

A

aloveablebunny

No projects currently... but good lord you have a spacious garage lol

T

T-LARC

I'm afraid I don't have any projects as physically intensive or aesthetically interesting. But I am working on a free short album at the moment called 'Slept'. I'll be uploading tracks over the next few weeks. It's an album inspired by Silent Hill's beautiful ambient soundtrack, and if you're interested in feeling like your head's underwater in the river Styx, I'll leave the link below. Making it is helping me through some tough thoughts.

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
I'm afraid I don't have any projects as physically intensive or aesthetically interesting. But I am working on a free short album at the moment called 'Slept'. I'll be uploading tracks over the next few weeks. It's an album inspired by Silent Hill's beautiful ambient soundtrack, and if you're interested in feeling like your head's underwater in the river Styx, I'll leave the link below. Making it is helping me through some tough thoughts.

I admire your creativity. The soft and gentle mood of the music compliments the theme of the album and its title. Keep up the good work on it, it will be cool to hear the rest when you're ready to publish it.

T

T-LARC

I admire your creativity. The soft and gentle mood of the music compliments the theme of the album and its title. Keep up the good work on it, it will be cool to hear the rest when you're ready to publish it.
Cheers. ^^ It'll only be a 5-6 track album, almost an EP save for the track number, so it'll be out before long.

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
For the last couple of months I have been busy with something I like to call: project revive 2CV. It's basically just my dad and me fixing my dad's old car (which I got from him as a gift for passing my drivers license).
What it is, is a 1981 Citroën 2CV6. This car has many nicknames in many countries. In mine it's called Eend or Lelijk Eendje (meaning Duck or Ugly Duckling), in the UK it's commonly known as a Snail, and I heard from someone in Portugal that it's called Goat there. For those of you that are not familiar with this car, it's a French automobile which was produced from around 1948 until 1991 with minimal changes to the styling, making it one of the, if not the longest lasting production car of all time. It has a 28 horsepower, 2 cylinder, 600cc boxer engine. Which will make it go at a top speed of 115 kph or 71 mph. Well, officially at least. Mine only goes around 60 mph. It's a simple, slow, but very comfortable and charismatic car. And in the summer you can just roll up the roof and go for a spin with the wind in your hair while listening to that amazing Porsche-like boxer sound.

Sadly, ever since my parents got divorced and my mom got her own house and own car, my dad has had 2 cars. Which is fine, if he didn't only drive his modern, 2013 DS3. The car has been standing still outside in the rain, unused for about a year and a half now. I was a college student at the time in Utrecht (which is quite far away from where I live) and didn't have the time or the money to get a drivers license, so I couldn't drive it. My dad was about to sell it, and I couldn't let that happen. It was my dad's first car, and I have lots of fond memories of it from when I was still a little kid. It is basically a family member. So I made sure to pass my driving tests quickly and he decided to give it to me instead of selling it.

So now, because I have quit school, temporarily live at home again, and only work part-time, my dad and I started this project. On my days off I sell lots of my dad's (and my own) old stuff (he's a bit of a hoarder) and all the money I make from that go towards restoring the car to its former glory. We started the project a few months ago, but we haven't done anything yet on the car. We decided to make some good money from selling stuff before we do anything. As the days go on, we are getting closer and closer towards that starting point.

What needs to be done:
-Brakes Check. It stood still a long time, and they're not working properly.
-Reupholstering of seats. The front bench has a massive tear in it, and needs to be replaced.
-Fitting new doors. The current doors have rust holes at the bottom and at the windows (actually goes through to the inside, so waterproof it is not)
-Fitting hubcaps. My dad and I were never a big fan of the original wheels, but at the last mandatory service they replaced the wheel nuts with smaller nuts, so now we can put some original classy chrome hubcaps on.
-Fixing fuel gauge. That's not working properly and makes driving the car really scary.
-Respray. The car is not in an original color, and nobody knows which color it is. It needs a respray because of a previous bad paintjob and the new doors. The paint is peeling off in some areas and it doesn't stay shiny for very long either. A fresh coat of paint will have no trouble staying shiny.
-Deciding color for respray. Probably need to do this first. My dad and I are both big fans of dark red, but we actually want it darker than it is currently.
-New roof. There's an aftermarket roof currently fitted, which cannot be opened halfway and is leaking. In a 2CV you usually open the roof halfway for shorter drives because you can do it quickly and pretty much from inside the car.
-Fixing trunk lock. It won't lock... And sometimes it won't close either.
-Maybe fit a powertube. A powertube is a tube that sends excess air from the fan back into the engine for more power. So it's like a simplified turbo. It's said to give a 15% power increase and loads more torque. This is not something that has to be done right away, nor is it very important. However the car will do better in modern traffic and get a top speed increase. If I decide to do this, the car will need additional carburettor modifications.

2806149608_b906735d62_o.jpg

Last edited:

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
For the last couple of months I have been busy with something I like to call: project revive 2CV. It's basically just my dad and me fixing my dad's old car (which I got from him as a gift for passing my drivers license).
What it is, is a 1981 Citroën 2CV6. This car has many nicknames in many countries. In mine it's called Eend or Lelijk Eendje (meaning Duck or Ugly Duckling), in the UK it's commonly known as a Snail, and I heard from someone in Portugal that it's called Goat there. For those of you that are not familiar with this car, it's a French automobile which was produced from around 1948 until 1991 with minimal changes to the styling, making it one of the, if not the longest lasting production car of all time. It has a 28 horsepower, 2 cylinder, 600cc boxer engine. Which will make it go at a top speed of 115 kph or 71 mph. Well, officially at least. Mine only goes around 60 mph. It's a simple, slow, but very comfortable and charismatic car. And in the summer you can just roll up the roof and go for a spin with the wind in your hair while listening to that amazing Porsche-like boxer sound.

Sadly, ever since my parents got divorced and my mom got her own house and own car, my dad has had 2 cars. Which is fine, if he didn't only drive his modern, 2013 DS3. The car has been standing still outside in the rain, unused for about a year and a half now. I was a college student at the time in Utrecht (which is quite far away from where I live) and didn't have the time or the money to get a drivers license, so I couldn't drive it. My dad was about to sell it, and I couldn't let that happen. It was my dad's first car, and I have lots of fond memories of it from when I was still a little kid. It is basically a family member. So I made sure to pass my driving tests quickly and he decided to give it to me instead of selling it.

So now, because I have quit school, temporarily live at home again, and only work part-time, my dad and I started this project. On my days off I sell lots of my dad's (and my own) old stuff (he's a bit of a hoarder) and all the money I make from that go towards restoring the car to its former glory. We started the project a few months ago, but we haven't done anything yet on the car. We decided to make some good money from selling stuff before we do anything. As the days go on, we are getting closer and closer towards that starting point.

What needs to be done:
-Reupholstering of seats. The front bench has a massive tear in it, and needs to be replaced.
-Fitting new doors. The current doors have rust holes at the bottom and at the windows (actually goes through to the inside, so waterproof it is not)
-Fitting hubcaps. My dad and I were never a big fan of the original wheels, but at the last mandatory service they replaced the wheel nuts with smaller nuts, so now we can put some original classy chrome hubcaps on.
-Fixing fuel gauge. That's not working properly and makes driving the car really scary.
-Respray. The car is not in an original color, and nobody knows which color it is. It needs a respray because of a previous bad paintjob and the new doors. The paint is peeling off in some areas and it doesn't stay shiny for very long either. A fresh coat of paint will have no trouble staying shiny.
-Deciding color for respray. Probably need to do this first. My dad and I are both big fans of dark red, but we actually want it darker than it is currently.
-New roof. There's an aftermarket roof currently fitted, which cannot be opened halfway and is leaking. In a 2CV you usually open the roof halfway for shorter drives because you can do it quickly and pretty much from inside the car.
-Maybe fit a powertube. A powertube is a tube that sends excess air from the fan back into the engine for more power. So it's like a simplified turbo. It's said to give a 15% power increase and loads more torque. This is not something that has to be done right away, nor is it very important. However the car will do better in modern traffic and get a top speed increase. If I decide to do this, the car will need additional carburettor modifications.

View attachment 16552

This is an awesome project! I particularly love father/son restorations because it reminds me of working with my dad when I was a kid. I hope you share pictures of the progress and work you do on the car because I am eager to see it. I'm not familiar with European cars, but there is usually an iron stamp inside the frame of the driver's side door relieving a serial number that tells you what the original paint color is. Sometimes the VIN number on the dashboard will even tell you what the paint chip is. Jot down the numbers and call a Citroën dealership and they will tell you what it is :)

Personally, I like keeping things stock and original as much as possible. My friends ask me every year why I like to leave my Trans Am original, but it is a special quality for someone to know how to appreciate a classic in all of its beauty and glory—just he way the manufacturer intended.

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
This is an awesome project! I particularly love father/son restorations because it reminds me of working with my dad when I was a kid. I hope you share pictures of the progress and work you do on the car because I am eager to see it. I'm not familiar with European cars, but there is usually an iron stamp inside the frame of the driver's side door relieving a serial number that tells you what the original paint color is. Sometimes the VIN number on the dashboard will even tell you what the paint chip is. Jot down the numbers and call a Citroën dealership and they will tell you what it is :)

Personally, I like keeping things stock and original as much as possible. My friends ask me every year why I like to leave my Trans Am original, but it is a special quality for someone to know how to appreciate a classic in all of its beauty and glory—just he way the manufacturer intended.

We know the original paint color, which is bright red, the paintjob it has currently isn't original, and nobody knows what color it is. Neither of us think that bright red is a particularly good looking color. I suppose it's all a matter of taste. And I appreciate originality too, however this is going to be my daily driver, so I'd prefer it to be in a color I actually like and it's going to be, in my opinion, a really classy and eyecatching color as well. And to make it a good everyday car it probably needs a powertube, which is an unoriginal part found at a tuner shop. Originally it had an alright top speed, but then fuel got unleaded and the modifications needed for the engine made it slower. It needs some more power to keep up with modern day traffic. Under 60 mph just doesn't cut it for a daily driver.

I will definitley keep you all up to date on this project, with pictures and everything. It's not going to be a quick project though.

Last edited:

katalistik

Chocolate scientist

What needs to be done:

View attachment 16552

Wow.Its so nice that you and your father spend so much time together.I wish my father was still alive...I miss him so much.

AdelynBlair

Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon
Currently I am visiting my girlfriend but (as weird as this sounds) I have been working on playing my video games...finally.

racoondevil

Minogue be my furname, hello!
I went from playing with dolls to Fursuit. Here's the last thing I did. I handmade or painted or crafted everything in the photo (not the doll) including the desk and walls. But now I'm off to make a fursuit. I have little time between work and sleep so everything is slow. This was in October as you can tell and I have done nothing since. =S
20160820_042640.jpg

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
I went from playing with dolls to Fursuit. Here's the last thing I did. I handmade or painted or crafted everything in the photo (not the doll) including the desk and walls. But now I'm off to make a fursuit. I have little time between work and sleep so everything is slow. This was in October as you can tell and I have done nothing since. =SView attachment 16741

You certainly have an eye for detail (and a much more steady hand than I do). Love the miniature theme as well. If you got more pictures keep them coming!

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
I ordered the control arms for the front end last night... Three of the four are on back order for at least five weeks... Are people really going through that many of them? Since there is not much I can do right now I thought I could show a picture of some work on the bumpers I had done last year. The bumpers and parking light housings are original to the car and were re-chromed back to their former glory.

You have no idea how difficult it was to take these pictures. I had it laid out on my dining room table.

uAKapb5.jpg

ukWTfvy.jpg

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
The only thing I'm really working on is saving up for fursuit materials. I don't think that really counts as a project though. Other than that, in working on tidying my house and reducing the mountains of junk I have sitting around. Not very exciting, but it has to be done.