• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Prophetic dreaming

Wolf-Light

Have any of you ever had a dream which the next day came true?

Its wierd isn't it?

ESPECIALLY the dream involves a death... Thats happened to me twice now, two complete strangers, two deaths...

If anybody else out there has had this before, tell me okay? I'm actually scared to go to sleep.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I've had it with a few pop quizzes and one actual injury to one of my friends (didn't get the method of getting the injury right, but got the injury right). I suppose it's just lucky guessing - have bad dreams about however many pop quizzes and one's bound to be right.

twisted_tails

I once had a dream of finding a 1944 penny.... the next day, that's exactly what I found... wouldnt be anything special if not for being so hard otherwise to find a penny that old >_> But then like a stupid git I lost it..
Also have dreamed of finding a cat who I needed to find a home for.. Then within a couple days I DID find a cat who kept coming around the house and couldn't keep us.. my dad said no =x So I tried finding a home for her, but the situation ended up a little uncomfortable... she was a sweet cat when she believed it was hard to get food and love etc... once she became comfortable within my boyfriend's home, she also became an indifferent and bitchy little shithead and ended up at the shelter anyway...
Ever shared a dream with someone? That's a trip to find out =x Start describing a dream to someone, for example a friend who happened to be in the dream, and they start describing bits of the same dream. spooooky!

Yeah I've had a few. One was I dreamed I found a buck at work, sure enough I found a dollar at work. That night I had a dream when I was getting back into my car at the bank I accidentially hit the blinker switch and the blinker that wasn't working for like a week suddenly started working. Sure enough the next day (pay day) I ran to the bank went to get back into my car and it was deja vu.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I've had quite a few dreams like that, but I've always tried to be at least a little bit skeptical of myself because very rarely have the events in the dreams played out EXACTLY like the real life events they seemed to foretell, and I usually have to delve into the realm of symbology a bit too. For example, a few months before 2pac died, I had a dream where I was watching the news on a Sunday and found out another rapper, Bizzy Bone died. The only real similarities between the dream and the reality were the fact I saw it on the news on a Sunday, and considering I didn't have an internet connection at the time, even seeing it on the news isn't that significant because where else was I going to see it?

Another example I posted about quite a while ago had me dreaming I was getting in some kind of shit in residence for something I had nothing to do with and having the R.A talk a load of bullshit about how I have to take the blame even though there's no evidence against me whatsoever. The very next day in the real world the same R.A is blaming me for (get this) writing my own name all over a bunch of bathroom stalls. To add another connection to it I had to think back to another dream I had several months prior where I was walking around the campus and seeing this symbol of mine all over the place and having the feeling someone was trying to get me in shit. Since it's a symbol I created, I guess it COULD be construed as an identifier of sorts, but in the dream I had later, I wasn't explicitely being blamed for that. Not only that, but in the dream with the symbols, the bathrooms were about the only place I didn't go, so I didn't see them on any stalls. The truth is, at the time, I WAS genuinely paranoid about getting in trouble, but mostly just for having the wrong friends, not because I was vandalizing shit, and my mind could've been acting on that.

I also have to wonder sometimes if our minds, being a lot more fluidic and permeable than we sometimes like to admit don't have the ability to conveniently alter memories of dreams when real life situations appear to resemble certain parts of them.

Summercat

Former Motterator
Prophetic Dreaming?

Happens to me all the time. NOthing useful, aside from the one time I caught a can of vegetables from falling down to the floor, because I knew it would fall.

That's the only time I 'remebered' in time =D

I never remember my dreams in the first place :( But i do tend to get deja vu A LOT! Usually a couple times a month at least. Ill be having a conversation and then it hits me, or some other random situation. Sometimes ill even finish their sentence before they have even really started. That really freaks them out lol. :)

coffinberry

mine happen months later :/ one was a dream where a man forewarned me of another man (a short one, and a friend of his) who was only going to visit me to get into my pants.

the short friend was going to visit this friday, but the other friend threw a fit and this hindered the trip.

J

Jelly

I'm not much into researching parapsychology and psychological phenomena...is there any chance that a different kind of ESP is going on here?

Say, Summercat catching a can before it fell - noticing briefly that it was going to fall before actually giving it a good look? Say, maybe some part of his/her brain crunching numbers and realizing the can in its current place was unstable, and possibly about to fall?

jellyhurwit said:
I'm not much into researching parapsychology and psychological phenomena...is there any chance that a different kind of ESP is going on here?

Say, Summercat catching a can before it fell - noticing briefly that it was going to fall before actually giving it a good look? Say, maybe some part of his/her brain crunching numbers and realizing the can in its current place was unstable, and possibly about to fall?

That sounds a lot like a book i am currently reading called "Blink" it describes how the unconcious mind works. usually it can make snap desisions like what you describe within miliseconds, far before our concious mind even realizes whats going on. Its very interesting and it goes into great detail about various scenarios, some quite simple and some very complex.

when ever i have a dream that i can rember it comes true. if i dont rember the dream it wont happen

16weeks

I dreamt my entire seventh grade year in one night.
it was every key point, i dunno if i got stuck in a time laps or summut but i dreamt that i won the egg drop contest and how i constructed my holder to do it, and i won, i dreamt the answers to my first and last tests and got A's and i dreamt that i got a visible hard on in the locker rooms at gym time and knew to hide in a stall for a while untill it went down and lots more besides, saveing me a shitload of embarresment and getting me alot of A's

Wolf-Light

Wow. Mixed bag. Some people have them, some people don't.

I think its real. YOU try convincing yourself its coincidence when you see a guy's face in the paper the next morning... After seeing it killed in your sleep.

Dead-Zero

yup, ive had a dream that I was going to 6flags and was gonna drop whatever the hell I was drinking in the entrance, and I did. Ive also had a dream that i was gonna shoot my friend in the mask with a paintball gun on my birthday. can you say headshot?

W

werewolfjedi5

ive had quite a few myself, they are always different from my normal dreams, and i always emember them like i was awake, it has saved my life twice, and helped me not fail a test on my worst subject, altough it realy isnt all the useful for me becuase i get so many inane ones.

the weird thing is, ive been geting a progessive deam in profectic form that seems to be following a different time line. its ether my normal dreams are becoming like my profectic ones, or i exist on multiple planes of existance, sweet. does explain all this knowledge about things i dont study in this world. but i do have to say that world is scarey, since these, things, are trying to kill everyone, including me. and they arent like anything i have seen anywhere in games, books, or real life. i think they are mutants from something, becuase they are as smart as us.

im not lieing about any of this i swear.

KitsuneKit

I always have the same dream nightly. I'm some hero in a epic land fighting monsters with my sword or hammer. It's all very Legend of Zeldaesque. I'm always some hero fighting the evil hordes for the greater good.

It pisses me off.

Because I have these wonderful, wonderful dreams, but then I have to wake up and get to my college classes and go to work. Dreams are dicks. They taunt you with awesomeness, but they will never let you keep it because it's not real.

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
Wolf-Light said:
ESPECIALLY the dream involves a death... Thats happened to me twice now, two complete strangers, two deaths...

I've drempt my death twice. This post is actually being typed by a ghost.

stoelbank

Since i am to lazy to write it all over i will just copy and paste something i made on a other thread,

I assume everybody knows what a Déjà vu means? No, not the movie. To learn what it is if you don't know what it means then go to this wiki page,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

Lately i am having a lot of Déjà vu moments, i don't know how the hell i do it nor i know how to summon them. but i get them a lot, its like i dreamed about something bad happening and then a few Days/weeks/months and even years! IT FRIGIN HAPPENS! the first time this got me shocked as hell, and lately i am getting them much more. they aren't just off bad things.. also good things of course, but i am almost getting used to the fact that i have these so called Déjà vu moments that its starting to play a normal deal in my life. be my guest not to believe all off this bull crap but i bet that i am not the only one with this.

Every time when i get a Déjà vu about a bad thing i feel sorry, sorry that i couldn't avoid it since i knew it would happen. Once i dreamed about one of my best friends getting involved in a car accident and i told him that as well, the only thing he did was laughed at me and told me things will be alright.. i bet most of you know what happened after that.

Result = me crying at his coffin,

kyubi_youma

fox with too many worries
ive never had one that happened the next day.....months weeks and years yeah...but not days... and its always stupid things...like specific games im going to play...and specific conditions outside a window at work.......always before something important happens...but never something life altering..atleast not to me...

McRoz

I got some of that, emphasis on some. My mother had it as well, though about the extent of it was a death prediction. She has them more often than I do, and so far I've only seen cars and some other stuff I can't think of right now. For me it happens at least every week or so in short bursts, though occasionally I'll have a more full prediction in a dream.

Wolf-Light

werewolfjedi5 said:
ive had quite a few myself, they are always different from my normal dreams, and i always emember them like i was awake, it has saved my life twice, and helped me not fail a test on my worst subject, altough it realy isnt all the useful for me becuase i get so many inane ones.

the weird thing is, ive been geting a progessive deam in profectic form that seems to be following a different time line. its ether my normal dreams are becoming like my profectic ones, or i exist on multiple planes of existance, sweet. does explain all this knowledge about things i dont study in this world. but i do have to say that world is scarey, since these, things, are trying to kill everyone, including me. and they arent like anything i have seen anywhere in games, books, or real life. i think they are mutants from something, becuase they are as smart as us.

im not lieing about any of this i swear.

I had one save my life once. Back then I didn't really think about it. Coincidence..? No.

I was five. A car speeding around a blind bend. The only thing that saved me was the area looked familiar, and I stopped to think where I saw it before...

And I'm pretty open minded. I believe in alternate worlds where all sorts of things can exist. I live in hope for a world of Anthros...

I've had dreams that came true.

And as for a recent dream PLEASE oh PLEASE let THAT one come true. It was the most awesomest dream ever. And it had things in it that could both conceivably happen and that I really really really really really WANT to happen.

Involving someone I love.

Yeah i have had prophetic dreams many a time. Once, the ODDEST one, was the night before i watched the disney movie "Treasure Planet" a couple years ago- and i dreamed HALF the MOVIE before i even saw it. it was really really akward.