• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Proportion Challenges

hollallen

I am having an issue with a costume I am working on for myself. I have a rather short chubby dog costume I am working on for me. I am average size and will have to build a fat suit underneath the fut. My challenge is that the legs of my character are short from crotch to ankle. I would like to build this to where it would reach crotch to ankle on me without distorting the character's height. Any ideas?

Rhee

Drop the crotch, mid-thigh. digit-grade padding may further the illusion of shorter legs

hollallen

Thanks Rhee. I am actually wanting the crotch to basically be the center or for it to fit around this area. My concept is to make the costume work as a whole without the character being clothed and the put clothes on him. I know I have to be careful about ventilation so still working on the details. Actually, I took the character and placed him into photoshop, extended the legs and it looks like it will work. Sort of looks like he grew up a little bit. Bottom line is I don't want a costume that looks like I am just wearing a fur suit.