• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PS3 launch shipments cut, Chaos rages forth.

Twile

Member
silverwolfe said:
Rocket propelled Lawn mowers ftw!

In all seriousness let's all at least agree that Sony cutting back on supply is totally a dick move. Unless you have enough parts to make 400k PS3s you don't publically announce it. Especially not on something that is already going to be in high demand.
 

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
All the rest of the parts went into the building of the Hype Machine you see.
 

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
Twile said:
silverwolfe said:
Rocket propelled Lawn mowers ftw!

In all seriousness let's all at least agree that Sony cutting back on supply is totally a dick move. Unless you have enough parts to make 400k PS3s you don't publically announce it. Especially not on something that is already going to be in high demand.

I agree about that. But there is a difference between promising 400k units and saying that you hoped to get 400k units out by launch day. I can't remember which they said and frankly, I'm too lazy to look it up. :3
 
the wii hasn't come out yet evangeline. you must wait another day. just one more day for it to be out. the 360 came out a long while back and the ps3 on the 17th of november. the wii doesn't come out till the 19th of november so it isn't fair to point out it hasn't sold any when it's not available for purchase yet. however the clock is ticking so i'd doublecheck that place the day after tommorrow to see how many were sold on it's launch day. so that you can make a more accurate comparison between the 3 systems.

oops my bad i didn't realise that date only applied to the N and S america launches.
 

Evangeline

Member
blackdragoon said:
the wii hasn't come out yet evangeline. you must wait another day. just one more day for it to be out. the 360 came out a long while back and the ps3 on the 17th of november. the wii doesn't come out till the 19th of november so it isn't fair to point out it hasn't sold any when it's not available for purchase yet. however the clock is ticking so i'd doublecheck that place the day after tommorrow to see how many were sold on it's launch day. so that you can make a more accurate comparison between the 3 systems.

oops my bad i didn't realise that date only applied to the N and S america launches.

I know it doesn't come out till tomorrow because well I'm getting one, but thats there to show how many will be in the running, as the FA board only let you upload one image into your sig I couldn't put all in there.
 

Evangeline

Member
Because thats what people/fanboys do.

What really makes on system better then others is how much fun you have playing it, so if you have fun with all three then it shouldn't matter which has a better GPU or CPU.
 

Span_Wolf

Member
Twile said:
Span_Wolf said:
Twile said:
Booya. Who's the guy who said under 300k, possibly as low as <250k? :3
Me?

Twile said:
Let's be fair and say it was 200k. They had 88k in Japan I believe. Still that puts them at under 300k units, maybe under 250k.

D:< Me!
I was kidding, we both said it. Well I argued the loudest about it. ;3
 

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGmwrbf_F4

video by a guy who attends the same University as me. Not 100% sure, but I think the "x-box fan" is his brother or something. it's pretty screwed up.

FIVE PS3s at Target? Sony, WTF.
 

Twile

Member
Hanazawa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGmwrbf_F4

video by a guy who attends the same University as me. Not 100% sure, but I think the "x-box fan" is his brother or something. it's pretty screwed up.

FIVE PS3s at Target? Sony, WTF.

:p That's pretty funny.
 

Evangeline

Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-PLAYSTATION-3-60GB-IN-HAND-SEALED_W0QQitemZ230053458366QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


HOLY SHIT

3,000,100 for a PS3 two games and a movie!
 

foreverwhiteknight

Floppy Disks!
When I heard the shipment was cut, I just kinda stared at the TV. It really seems like Sony is killing themselves with all this mess. I was out shopping for Christmas stuff on this past Thursday and I saw both K-Marts and the Toys R Us in this town had signs up that due to the cutbacks they wouldn't even have the PS3 until after New Years.

The Target here said they only had 8. Then we have two Wal-mart Supercenters, one had like 5 and the other had 0. I don't know about Gamestop though, I haven't been by there in a while. Target had campers though, and I was just laughing at them in my head as I went in there just killing time.

Personally, I'm sticking with my PS2 right now. Because 1. I don't have that kind of money to spend on a game system, 2. Theres not enough games for it yet and it wouldn't play my old ones well anyway, and 3. honestly it doesn't seem GOOD ENOUGH.

I've seen screenshots of a lot of different games, and commercials for some different ones as well. The ones I saw the most screens of though was Gran Turismo: HD and it looks great..

But Thursday.. in Wal-Mart.. I played the PS3. The demo of NBA Live 07.. It wasn't that great. I mean yeah it was just a basketball game..

but the crowd looked like something from a PS1 game, the players looked a lil better than PS2 but they were more SHINY than anything. The only thing that looked *amazing* was the court/goals themselves. And yeah it was on a 19" HD TV
 
Top