• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PS3 Trophies

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
What's your take on them? I personally think they're a good idea in that they give you a reason to do all the little bits in games, to really see them out until the end. However Sony's been a little late in getting to this one, and they've implemented it in a clumsy way.

Take the GTA IV trophies.
They involve all sorts of things, some of which are storyline related... that's the tricky bit. I really don't feel like running through the whole story again, considering some of those faggy little bits thrown in. Grr.
Can't it count things we've already done?

Also, don't slow down, Sony! Get every game some damn trophies!

(Oh, and did we have to use that particular scoring system? I liked the Gamerscore counting up in 10s, 20s, etc. Sounds much more impressive, no? =3 )
~Xae

*EDIT*
Oh and uh, don't bother telling us that "OMG DEY TTLY COPIED MICROSOFT WTF" because well... duh...

GrundMoon

is not sony that makes the trophies... is the game developers...
I really don't care aboth the trophies the only thing I really haven't saw was the In-game Screenshots and music in-game =/

Nocturnowl357

The nocturnal gaming furry
actually GTA 4s trophies were just achievements for the ps3. compare them to the 360 and they're the same thing. Its lazyness but it worked.

I'm just kinda pissed FO3 took long to do cause I already played it to death and I gotta do it AGAIN just to get them...

GrundMoon

actually GTA 4s trophies were just achievements for the ps3. compare them to the 360 and they're the same thing. Its lazyness but it worked.

I'm just kinda pissed FO3 took long to do cause I already played it to death and I gotta do it AGAIN just to get them...
that happened because of shared game saves... the same thing happens on many games.

Adrianfolf

a games consoles are inferior to pc gaming.

Um where are you from? Cause last time I checked the PC hasn't been doing so well for itself. Neither of the platforms are better than the other. It all depends on the games that come out. You could have the monsterish PC in the world. Still PC is a good platform but without the games to drive it then it is nothing

Laze

Big 'Modo
To be fair, some are quite laughable. I don't consider killing a boss to be trophy worthy, Dead Space. Because that's what's going to happen eventually anyways. Make it something obscure - I'm a fan of the really odd sounding ones.

Like MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, I unlocked one for causing my Mudplugger to perform what the game sought to be an impressive barrel roll. Hell, even I was impressed, it went on for about 2 minutes. It just kept on flipping... And then it fell down a hill and flipped some more. I even cheered to myself when I saw some text flash up in the top right after the thing slowly juddered to a halt. Proper comedy moment.

I like the idea of hidden ones though, that way, I don't openly finding myself playing the game how the developers want me to.

Suppose it's all for bragging rights really, shame they don't actually incorporate it into the whole down-loadable content thing. You know, reward you for actually buying and getting a few of these tedious little things? I remember when I first got my 360 and noticing the Gamerscore thing, and I was actually convinced you could use that as currency over X-Box Live. I spent AGES on Perfect Dark Zero getting the sods; I discovered to my horror that I needed real money.

And then some sod stole my console and all my games while I was away pretending to pay attention in one of my University lectures DX

Last edited:

Adrianfolf

I like the trophies a lot of them are hard as fuck to get. I'm currently trying to get a few in super stardust. Some of the ones in Burnout are hard to get. Some them you want to pat yourself on the back for getting especially the hard ones others are just "meh"