• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PSA: About "coming out" as a furry

T

T-LARC

No because Trump is <3

Apparently ISIS has networks in all 50 US state. Obama also knew of ISIS long before they became such a threat but willingly did nothing about it to try and make Assad like him.

Instead Putin did shit and now Assad is with Putin

Good on you for understanding that not everything needs to be said! With that said, assuming you are what your age says then there are plenty of sites you can use to find local furmeets and shit to find some friends with the same hobbies

New design is just less chocolate. Chocolate is going up in price so they're trying to cut costs while keeping the ideal shape and price
That's why politics is politics, and politics is the worst.

And you say 'less chocolate' as though 'less chocolate' is somehow an acceptable excuse. As though it's justifiable in any way. As though it's right. As though it shouldn't be fought tooth and claw against.

T

T-LARC

I told my family I am a furry! But not immediately, like for example one week I said i was interested in going to conventions. second week I said like the costumes at conventions and I may interested in getting one. My family thought it was going to be knight armour at first! 3rd week I said it was going to be a monster like a werewolf for example. 4th week I just said its not a realistic wolf costume so by then it was not as shocking. week 5 I just explained what a furry is all the good things like how artistic and friendly the community is and how the fursuiters can make people feel happy. As for friends it is easy you can tell them if it comes up in conversation like they may see a furry profile image on PlayStation for a example. when they asked i just told them and i got two kinds of reactions 1 they just don't give a f%*k because nothing has changed you are still you! or 2 they think you are cool as F%&K! as you are doing what you like and don't care what others think. they probably respect you more for it
That's a very clever way of doing it - I'm glad it worked for you. Might have to try that one myself, when I pluck up the courage.

Kirkzer

That's a very clever way of doing it - I'm glad it worked for you. Might have to try that one myself, when I pluck up the courage.
Yes it was not easy. My family think it's a bit weird at first and i say it is but i just try to explain it like how it came from a sci-fi convention. They will slowly get more used to it and understand a bit better. Better to slowly tell them if it comes up in conversation. For example if you see a cool alien costume on a TV series. I don't know, but like I said wherever you decide do it slowly like how i did it and remember that it is a fandom of anthropomorphic animals that is it. it does not have to mean anything special.

T

T-LARC

Yes it was not easy. My family think it's a bit weird at first and i say it is but i just try to explain it like how it came from a sci-fi convention. They will slowly get more used to it and understand a bit better. Better to slowly tell them if it comes up in conversation. For example if you see a cool alien costume on a TV series. I don't know, but like I said wherever you decide do it slowly like how i did it and remember that it is a fandom of anthropomorphic animals that is it. it does not have to mean anything special.
I definitely think you've got the right idea in doing it slowly. Acting like it's a big deal is the easiest way to make it a big deal, and if a hobby like this is really enough to get in the way of a relationship, it says more about the other person than it does about you. For a helldog, you sure seem to give trustworthy advice!

S

Sergei Sóhomo

That's why politics is politics, and politics is the worst.

And you say 'less chocolate' as though 'less chocolate' is somehow an acceptable excuse. As though it's justifiable in any way. As though it's right. As though it shouldn't be fought tooth and claw against.

Prices go up for chocolate yet they don't want to charge more. I'd say it's fine.

And I bloody love politics. The election results were the biggest highlight of the decade for me

Kirkzer

I definitely think you've got the right idea in doing it slowly. Acting like it's a big deal is the easiest way to make it a big deal, and if a hobby like this is really enough to get in the way of a relationship, it says more about the other person than it does about you. For a helldog, you sure seem to give trustworthy advice!
Yes exactly that. I may be half hellhound but I like to think I am a good person after all you cannot judge a dog on he's breed alone!

T

T-LARC

Prices go up for chocolate yet they don't want to charge more. I'd say it's fine.

And I bloody love politics. The election results were the biggest highlight of the decade for me
But the prices haven't gone up universally, have they? I swear the toblerone is the only chocolate confectionary item in the UK that's changed size/cost since Brexit.

Yeah, Heil Trump and all that. But seriously, the election results being a highlight? I know a lot of people count it as a vote against the establishment, which is great and all, but voting against the establishment by placing one of the richest, outsourcing men in America in charge gives me more of a headache than a chuckle!

T

T-LARC

Yes exactly that. I may be half hellhound but I like to think I am a good person after all you cannot judge a dog on he's breed alone!
Definitely! There'll be no dog racism here - each and every pupper is an individual, whether they come from the depths of hell or not! ^_^

S

Sergei Sóhomo

But the prices haven't gone up universally, have they? I swear the toblerone is the only chocolate confectionary item in the UK that's changed size/cost since Brexit.

Yeah, Heil Trump and all that. But seriously, the election results being a highlight? I know a lot of people count it as a vote against the establishment, which is great and all, but voting against the establishment by placing one of the richest, outsourcing men in America in charge gives me more of a headache than a chuckle!

Oh no you don't understand. The reactions of the people who lost were just

male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-grey-background-34468914.jpg

The sorrow, the look of defeat, the tears and the backlash. I loved every single second of it

Especially when the Young Turks broke down. Holy fuck

T

T-LARC

Oh no you don't understand. The reactions of the people who lost were just

male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-grey-background-34468914.jpg

The sorrow, the look of defeat, the tears and the backlash. I loved every single second of it

Especially when the Young Turks broke down. Holy fuck
That's some serious schadenfreude going on.

I'm in the closet still.. I live in a pretty conservative community and if i came out it would mean endless beatings and condescending stares.. I'll wait inntil i have enough money to move far away.. Uintill then i just have to make friends online i guess..

T

T-LARC

I'm in the closet still.. I live in a pretty conservative community and if i came out it would mean endless beatings and condescending stares.. I'll wait inntil i have enough money to move far away.. Uintill then i just have to make friends online i guess..
A lot of us have been there before, and some of us are still stuck like that now. Just remember not to judge them the same way they'd judge you - fear and ignorance can do terrible things to people. From one fox to another. :p

A lot of us have been there before, and some of us are still stuck like that now. Just remember not to judge them the same way they'd judge you - fear and ignorance can do terrible things to people. From one fox to another. :p
I know.. Its just hard to get out of that sort of frame of mind.. Especially when i have no friends outside of that community.

i dont like to tell anyone im a furry my close fam and my girlfriend know but when i told them it killed a lil bit of the magic for me

T

T-LARC

I know.. Its just hard to get out of that sort of frame of mind.. Especially when i have no friends outside of that community.
I've been there. As cynical as it is, I've found that it helps to think of how terrible it can be for other people. So think of the most difficult live you could live - like being an ugly, deaf, blind, depressed, schizophrenic, transgender, lesbian midget. Just in terms of how few people you'd have to talk to, and all the struggles you'd face, it'd be damn difficult. So when it feels like shit, you can look down that list and for every box you don't tick, there's a problem in your life that you could have, but don't. 'Furries' aren't loved by the world at all, but there's plenty worse. One step at a time, right?

I've been there. As cynical as it is, I've found that it helps to think of how terrible it can be for other people. So think of the most difficult live you could live - like being an ugly, deaf, blind, depressed, schizophrenic, transgender, lesbian midget. Just in terms of how few people you'd have to talk to, and all the struggles you'd face, it'd be damn difficult. So when it feels like shit, you can look down that list and for every box you don't tick, there's a problem in your life that you could have, but don't. 'Furries' aren't loved by the world at all, but there's plenty worse. One step at a time, right?
thats why we gotta love each other

Badger94

I am the world's forgotten boy
Can i pls get in on the hugs? *paws held open, waiting for a hug*