• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public Domain books and stories

DLewis28

What are the best books\stories to create a fan-made comic out of? I want to create a fan comic but don't know where to start.

S

Sagt

I'm confused; are you asking for suggestions of stories to base your comic on?

If so, then I'll advise you to reconsider what you're doing. There's not much of a point to creating a "fan comic" for something that you aren't actually a fan of. I mean, I think the better idea here would be to base the comic off of something that you personally enjoyed, instead of asking randos on the internet for suggestions of stories that you may or not even be familiar with.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I don't know about making a fan comic out of these.

But if you're looking for a few good public domain stories (that I think everyone should read) I would recommend:

The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson. Its a tragic, beautiful story far different from the Disney adaptation.

I would also recommend Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie. The original novel of Peter Pan is whimsical, politically incorrect, and a little disturbing how innocently callous and wicked Peter Pan actually is. A good read.

If you're in the market for something shorter, Grimm's fairy tale Bearskin is an entertaining read.

DLewis28

I'm confused; are you asking for suggestions of stories to base your comic on?

If so, then I'll advise you to reconsider what you're doing. There's not much of a point to creating a "fan comic" for something that you aren't actually a fan of. I mean, I think the better idea here would be to base the comic off of something that you personally enjoyed, instead of asking randos on the internet for suggestions of stories that you may or not even be familiar with.
I'm trying to create a story that everyone would like.