• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public Furry or Private Furry (in RL)?

In the real world, is your furiness a public or private trait?

• I make sure my furriness is public for all to see!

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • My furriness is public, but I don't bring any particular attention to it.

Votes: 116 19.1%
  • I'm kind of neutral... If people figure it out, fine, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Votes: 244 40.2%
  • I'm a rather private furry in RL.

Votes: 126 20.8%
  • I'm a very private furry in RL. No indications of furriness whatsoever!

Votes: 98 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haynari

I tried making it really public. doesnt really work when all people are drunk that you try to tell. then they forgot passed out and i went and played bass.

Defiant

Uses lots of sarcasm.Seriously
Haynari , almost sounds familiar.

SirRob

I try to keep my furry status as private as possible, as well as the fact that I'm gay.

I'm doing a terrible job of it. ~_~

Oryxe

Life is too short to live with secrets. Besides, if people know you're gay/bi and a furry, then there's a bigger chances people with the same interests as you will approach you..

SirRob

I don't wanna be labelled as more of a freak than I already am. Plus, I definately can't have my parents find out.

CalicoKitteh

I'm pretty private about it IRL only 2 people know about it, my boyfriend and a close friend of mine. I got teased and made fun of enough as it is as a child:(

But many of my friends on the internet know of it...though on some sites I kind of have to keep it on the down lo *cough*Gaiaonline*cough*

Defiant

FUck it , be who you are , or don't be. If you are furry , then make it so others can tell. ARe you afraid to tell people you are a furry? AFread to mention you are gay?

Oryxe

FUck it , be who you are , or don't be. If you are furry , then make it so others can tell. ARe you afraid to tell people you are a furry? AFread to mention you are gay?

Agreed. If you aren't yourself, you'll end up miserable.

SirRob

I am who I am. Even if people in real life knew those facts, I most likely would not act differently than I already do. Also, there is nothing positive I can gain from telling the people around me that I am a furry/gay.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
Though I don't participate in the things that gives furries a bad rep but I pretty much keep to myself about it, being a furry is of little importance to show to people especially since they don't understand or know what they are.

Last edited:

-Lucario-

I keep it to myself. I really don't need that kind of attention brought to me.

Sam

I go to work, school and chill. I don't really see the point of bringing it up, unless I'm with my buddy who I met on the net as well. We hang out and chill, but honestly, I think the furry side me I guess can be left outta the picture.

My mom knows, and I got loads of questions from that, but besides that eh.. It doesn't matter, it's not everyday y'know, where someone comes up, and asks you if you are furry.

I voted that I'm open with it, however, I don't flaunt it, wear foxtails ( though my buddy and I conspiredabout getting license plates that said "yiffme" once upon a time. xD ) or any furry... 'apparel' I dunno, minds a haze when it comes to public situations.

kjmars63

The Furry Luthier
I'm rather open about my furryness. Every shirt in my closet has a wolf on it, may be normal but I wear a rainbow bracelet and a necklace with a wolf head, and beads with the same pattern on it. Thats when it gets rather obvious.

Defiant

As stated , be it or don't be. Thats how I live this shitty life. SHow it or kill it! Are or are not? Are you?

Ralliron

Fill the horn!
Well I am a furry but not openly and definetly not alone, however if I became exposed I probaly wouldent give a $4!+.

hlfb

Get off my lawn!
I'm not open about my private life at all, and I am very ok with it. It doesn't bother me, I don't look at it as a secret.

I wear many hats.

catboy-randl

Dead-Eyed Goofball
Public, but only so far as wearing furry badges and accessories, and costume parts for conventions. I'm a proud catboi, but I don't overdo it. :3

Defiant

I can disrupt a store meeting by wearing my fursuit feet to a store meeting. They still don't get it.

shieldswulf

Hide my furriness? You kidding? given yea...i dont go to the extremes, people would think im crazy xD. Ive been known to growl at certain people who make me mad or get on my nerves. Ive also been known to go out and howl at the moon or on nights i just feel like getting out some emotion, though...now i have to go to a new place. people kept calling to the pound saying there was a wild dog loose in the park howling and stirring the dogs in the neighborhood. meh.
my howl isnt perfect but its kind of spine tingling, and seems to get the attention of other canines. people ask me if im a furry and ill gladly tell them yes. if i could i would go to the conventions and go out and buy or make myself a suit.

Monhare

I'm neutral leaning way towards private. I don't care if people find out, but I don't really want them to, so I try to hide it. Of course, my best friend knows, my girlfriend knows, and one of my girlfriend's girlfriends knows. I also tend to randomly meow, growl, and hiss (even though my fursona is more of a fox).

There is a lot more hiding than I let on, though, but that goes deeper in ways I'm not prepared to explain.

Last edited:

zusefur

well I'm very open about being a furry and don't care who cares nose about it....lol

Swordsman_02

Registered Furry
I voted neutral...
I mean, I don't wear a fursuit everywhere I go, but I do wear a dog collar.
If people know, they know.
Strangely, the real world seems to handle furry better then the cyber world.

Status
Not open for further replies.