• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public Furry or Private Furry (in RL)?

In the real world, is your furiness a public or private trait?

• I make sure my furriness is public for all to see!

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • My furriness is public, but I don't bring any particular attention to it.

Votes: 116 19.1%
  • I'm kind of neutral... If people figure it out, fine, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Votes: 244 40.2%
  • I'm a rather private furry in RL.

Votes: 126 20.8%
  • I'm a very private furry in RL. No indications of furriness whatsoever!

Votes: 98 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahguns

The nonsensical drama furry.
FUck it , be who you are , or don't be. If you are furry , then make it so others can tell. ARe you afraid to tell people you are a furry? AFread to mention you are gay?
easier said then done

Defiant

Uses lots of sarcasm.Seriously
True. I posted that in a bad state of mind. I don't go around yelling what I am. But there are some clues. But if wearing my fursuit to both places of work on halloween doesn't say it , then they will never get it.
I'm not afraid to be an offensive @$$hole if provoked. I am who I am. It's easier to be me than try to be something I am not just to please others.
I don't preach , but I don't hide. Thats about it.

T

Tewin Follow

I've had a fox tail sewn to my bag for a few years now, and no-one's ever said anything.

Only very recently I realised I'm happier not caring what the strangers on the street think about me, and tested it by wearing my footpaws to Tesco.
People loved them! A woman in the car park was waving and laughing and a nice man pointed me out to his daughter, who also laughed.

A group of kids loved my fursuit, though I haven't been in public in it nearly enough.

No-one has ever asked WHY or if I'm furry, in fact the only people who have been negative were a group of chavs and my friend, who acts like everyone will be freaked and somehow think she is "different" too.

Meh.

Crossfire21

Its not that I feel ashamed or anything its just how ignorant people can act when they see a furry. People in my town would chase me with torches or something I said anything.

-Lucario-

Meh, I'm a bit towards neutral now. Still, I don't go running around telling everyone that I'm a furry, that's attention that I just don't need.

KaneKisaragi

White Tiger
I consider it fun to be open about it. You don't need to go and flaunt it, being a show-off and a nuisance is a bad thing (for any member of any fandom or subculture really). But, generally, if people are even the slightest bit open minded about it, it can be fun to be "openly furry." Someday, for instance, I'd love to wear a fursuit to work for Halloween.

I would consider myself lucky, in that I live in en environment that isn't as judgmental as some. Considering some of the stories I've heard of certain parts of the country, I wouldn't be nearly as open about it if I lived there instead of here

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Extremely private. I've never told anyone about my furry traits in real life, and only a couple of people online about them.

Baidn

Insane Author
Im kinda on the fence, if sexuallity comes up in a conversation i tell people i am a furry. My opinion has always been and remains that it is one integral part of who i am. I am a furry but thats not all that i am.

The Wave

Extremely private. Man, people are already bashing me for having a wolf background on my laptop desktop! And that's a fucking stupid, small thing, what if they knew about my furiness?

Lurker

Kinda in between 3 and 4. I haven't really told anyone about it IRL, and I might not for quite a while. Rather shy about that kinda stuff. I don't really do anything that would make someone guess at it, either, so... =/

Kvasir

Zumba!!!
neutral all the way, i wear a collar but that is it except on halloween where i dress up as a cat, perhaps this year i will try to put together a tiger suit of some sort, but i could care less, in fact if any one finds out they will either shun me more or think i am totally awsome, thats how my school rolls.

Catte

:3
If someone asks, I tell them. I'm not really all about hiding things that much.

... Might be one of the reasons my RL friends are all weirdos.

I used to wear a tail around, but, eh. Too much for where I live, too many stupid people. XD

I'm pretty neutral.
I mean only the people close to me know that I'm a furry.
Some of them don't even really understand it all that well XD.

Antimony

Neutral, leaning towards private. My family would go mental if they knew, and then I'd have to calm them all down, and my grandparents (who don't realise I'm an Atheist) would probably have a letter sent to the Pope to have me excommunicated. And my friends might lock up their cats o_O

But if anyone else finds out, whatever. :p

Fiver

Not secret: I draw and like drawings of animals/animal-people.

Secret: There's an online community that does the same thing.

Voted 3.

El Furicuazo

won a cosplaying contest
For my part, I'm leaning to being a public furry in the real life domain (between the poll's first two options). This is mainly due to me wanting to expand the furry fandom here in Puerto Rico (click here if you're interested), & because I'm a fairly extroverted & really honest person. Sure, I moderate my behavior accordingly to circumstances, so I don't appear "shocking" to non-furry people, or due to formal enviroments.

I'm considering to actually hang out at some local malls in a complete home-made fursuit (I haven't found any laws in Puerto Rico that forbid publicly appearing disguised in public, other than more severe penalties if you commit some kind of crime). And so far, the opinion I've got from other poeple about the furry fandom here in Puerto Rico (based on what I've told them) have been positive enough like to start expressing my furriness.

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
I don't care if people know, but I'm not going to go tell everybody like its something important.

Im kinda on the fence, if sexuallity comes up in a conversation i tell people i am a furry. My opinion has always been and remains that it is one integral part of who i am. I am a furry but thats not all that i am.
What does furry have to do with sexuality? :confused:

El Furicuazo

won a cosplaying contest
I don't care if people know, but I'm not going to go tell everybody like its something important.

What does furry have to do with sexuality? :confused:
The problem is that many non-furries are stereotyped against the furry fandom because its sexual part is much too visible & ranted about by mass media. Besides, I would consider finding other people who may want to enjoy sex the same way one does is rather positive.

Henk86

Always trust the Gene genie!
Kinda Neutral really. Not bothered at all if someone found out, if someone asked I wouldn't deny it.

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
The problem is that many non-furries are stereotyped against the furry fandom because its sexual part is much too visible & ranted about by mass media. Besides, I would consider finding other people who may want to enjoy sex the same way one does is rather positive.

Yes, and the comment that I quoted is only going to add to that negative stereotype. If you people don't want that stereotype, don't say "furry" every time the topic of sex comes up. :rolleyes:

Earthwyrm

Scaly Crusader :3
Whoa! Didn't notice this 2 year old topic was brought back from the dead!

Still neutral by the way.

Yeah I don't really care either way :p. But I appreciate people who know furry for what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.