• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public Furry or Private Furry (in RL)?

In the real world, is your furiness a public or private trait?

• I make sure my furriness is public for all to see!

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • My furriness is public, but I don't bring any particular attention to it.

Votes: 116 19.1%
  • I'm kind of neutral... If people figure it out, fine, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Votes: 244 40.2%
  • I'm a rather private furry in RL.

Votes: 126 20.8%
  • I'm a very private furry in RL. No indications of furriness whatsoever!

Votes: 98 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggleBunny

Buckethead Fan
I'm quite private about it at this moment of time however I would like to be more open about it, the thing I fear is my friends reactions to it. They can be annoying sometimes.

When I move to college I'll be open about it more when introducing myself to new people and who knows? It's up to the person to like/not like me, it doesn't exactly bother me.

As I said, I only fear my current friends reaction to it, and if they would ignore on that basis which I would not want. D:

Vekke

hi
FUck it , be who you are , or don't be. If you are furry , then make it so others can tell. ARe you afraid to tell people you are a furry? AFread to mention you are gay?

why would you use furry to be your all-encompassing definition? I hope there is more to you than the fact that you like animal-headed people!!

I am gay but i do not go around telling people unless it comes up. I'm not going to deny it but I am also not going to run around "making it so everyone knows" because frankly I just don't give a fuck. It is not my one defining feature.

and with furry it's even worse because drawing hot wolf on wolf action is something you choose to do, :|

Salrith

The Curious Dragon
If someone flat out asks me, I'm not exactly going to go "What do you mean NO oh my god NO how dare you mention it NO what are you crazy or something NO...!", but I'm not going to run around rubbing people's faces in the fact that I'm furry, anymore than I will because I'm gay.
It's like running up to someone and telling them you have sex or something -- it's not like it's their business, or that they even want to know. (I mean, they might, but on average I mean }:=8P)

Werevixen

This is my new rapeface.
I wear my collar everywhere I go, and sometimes my EuroFurence T-shirt, but I'm not going out telling everyone I'm a furry or something, just things for others in the know to recognize me by, already met 2 furries in my city that way. :v

Salrith

The Curious Dragon
Hmm, that's not a bad way to do it, Were... maybe I should invest in something like that hehehe.

Mel-the-Hybrid

Is not ****ing interested.
I have nothing to hide, I draw furry artwork and adult themed furry shit. If people bring it up as an issue, they can fuck off.

Defiant

Uses lots of sarcasm.Seriously
Open up about it or stop being one. Whats so hard about admitting to being a furry? Most don't even know we exist from what I have seen. ANd they HAVE seen me in fursuit!

Vekke

hi
Open up about it or stop being one. Whats so hard about admitting to being a furry? Most don't even know we exist from what I have seen. ANd they HAVE seen me in fursuit!

And I ask again: why the fuck does the world need to know what you do for fun? why does it have to define who you are?

Jashwa

The fact that half the world just thinks we're all sex crazed maniacs that are into beastiality?

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

Ok WHY does anyone HAVE to open up abaout?, it aint like we are gay or anything. "need" to tell everyone. what i do in my own time is MY facking bussiness, no one elses. It isn't that i am scared to admit to being a furrie, i just really do not see why anyone needs to. Heck if i had guests over and they saw something on my computer furry related (like my desktop background) and they asked about it, then i would tell them.

The fact that half the world just thinks we're all sex crazed maniacs that are into beastiality?

Defiant stated most do not know we even exist, so how can "half" the world think we are sex crazed maniacs that are into beastiality? I would put my last doller down that 99% of the population in my town wouldn't know a furrie if it jumped up and bit them on the ass.

I wouldn't go as far to say "half" the world think we are sex crazed maniacs, just a minority do, and personaly, the only people who i have met to ever say we are into beastiality are trolls, who make fun of us anyway.

Dexiro

*tailwag*
i'm open about being furry, but i don't exactly go running down the street shouting it

i do wear a collar all the time though, and i have a habit of biting things/people ^^
if someone asks i'll probably tell them

Shindo

:3c
im very private about it because im a new furry, but once my friends know i will probably stop caring about what people think about me.

Jashwa

Defiant stated most do not know we even exist, so how can "half" the world think we are sex crazed maniacs that are into beastiality? I would put my last doller down that 99% of the population in my town wouldn't know a furrie if it jumped up and bit them on the ass.

I wouldn't go as far to say "half" the world think we are sex crazed maniacs, just a minority do, and personaly, the only people who i have met to ever say we are into beastiality are trolls, who make fun of us anyway.
It's called an exaggeration, dude. Do you really think that I'd think that 3 billion plus people would know what a furry is, especially with most of those being located in poor areas of China?

ZuriBonn

The she wolf of the night
I'm secretive about it around school but most of the time i don't care, it's not like i run around barking or howling ALL the time...tho i do sometimes (at my house).

RyanWulf

olwut?
heh, I'm really secretive about it irl, I would like to be more open about it, but most
of...well... all of my friends are anti-furry so I doubt that telling them I'm one is really a
good idea.

Hackfox

502 Jump Squad
Private fox is private :3 I prefer to keep my biz on the low...Saves you the ever curious friends from googleing furries and finding yiff, then crying about rule 34

Coug

I can say that I'm open furry,willing to explain why I do like animal headed people,animals,etc.
but I just don't shout it loud.
why would I have to,no one cares after all.

It's much like 'I like oranges' to me.
I like oranges,I wouldn't mind someone discover that I like oranges.
but I won't go telling people 'hey I like oranges!' and stuff. no one cares about that I like oranges.

Last edited:

ForestFox91

can't dance
I told a friend of mine I was furry yesterday. He looked at me funny, and said, "... that sounds cool!" Hopefully I can get him on the forums. I can think of 5 people that know in RL.

Defiant

Uses lots of sarcasm.Seriously
Nevermind. I am further reminded of why I don't like this place and why I don't like calling myself a furry sometimes.
Maybe it's something I do? I drink a lot. Maybe others would like to drink with me. Maybe others would like to be a furry to? See the connection there? Maybe if I mention I like to autocross race and run my truck through the mud. Maybe I can make other friends by mentioning what I do in my free time?
Get it yet? Probably not.

ForestFox91

can't dance
Nevermind. I am further reminded of why I don't like this place and why I don't like calling myself a furry sometimes.
Maybe it's something I do? I drink a lot. Maybe others would like to drink with me. Maybe others would like to be a furry to? See the connection there? Maybe if I mention I like to autocross race and run my truck through the mud. Maybe I can make other friends by mentioning what I do in my free time?
you're right I'm lost!

Vekke

hi

you have the fury of a furry

Chronic

Banned
Banned
A mix of both. The guys at work know about it and they're cool. They just told me not to yiff someone wear a tail on patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.