• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public Furry or Private Furry (in RL)?

In the real world, is your furiness a public or private trait?

• I make sure my furriness is public for all to see!

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • My furriness is public, but I don't bring any particular attention to it.

Votes: 116 19.1%
  • I'm kind of neutral... If people figure it out, fine, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Votes: 244 40.2%
  • I'm a rather private furry in RL.

Votes: 126 20.8%
  • I'm a very private furry in RL. No indications of furriness whatsoever!

Votes: 98 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
I yell it out my window everyday, because it's important that every person and insect around me knows that I am furry.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
bah... furries got nothing to be proud about..

Unless you are a(n) artist, fursuit/clothes maker, or musician/any furry with any actual talent.

Last edited:

Wovstah

Best icecream flavour ever!
People know I'm furry just by my art. I get asked it all the time, but I must admit, I have endured what some call 'fursecution.'

I left the university's anime club due to the president being a /b/tard along with all his friends. I got sick and tired of them calling me 'furfag'.

But otherwise, I'm not ashamed of being furry, and I've even 'educated' some people on the topic.

Aryeonos

Gimme Back My Post Count!
I live in super white bible belt hell, so If I did I'd have a ton of homo-furry-bi-whatevertheymadeupastoryabouthisoneguyandthensomethinghappensbutheneverelyexistedinthefirstplace-aphobes. Even if it is supposed to be liberal california, or something there are allot of idiots out there to have to deal with, and I dont feel like going on trial for multiple injuries in self defence.

Carlemot

Carlemot Two Zero
I tell none of my non-fur friends even though they could easily do a search for my IM name ("carlemot two zero" durr) and find out all. This has happened two or three times. I know a lot of furs locally, but I tend to only pal around with the ones who are a tad bit more discreet about it.

I'm a bit of a hipster so people are always shocked when they find out. Hipsters aren't supposed to have such a dorky "thing."

well, granted i'm not hardcore into the fandom, i tend to keep things on the down low... my bf is one of those "yiff in hell" types (even though he knows i draw anthro art!) and none of my friends are interested in it...

yeah the bf thing is really irritating, but i could start a whole other thread on him...

Mexinus

I'm rarther Secretive about being a furry in real life ._. I would not think it's that popular or like'd in England really. Plus people most likely find it disgusting at my school... ._.;
Then again I'm alway's private about myself In real life. > _<;
But the point is really no one like's it where I am the only Person I know who is a Furry in Real life is my brother really...We don't like to talk about it I think. ._.

WOLFIE DA FOX

I AM DA PHOX HERO!
online and around friends only

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
I am both a public and private furry. Most people can guess that I am a furry by a few obvious and not-so-obvious clues.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I don't consider myself a furry per se. I like to watch the art, read and write furry stories, but nothing more, especially IRL. Not that I would have the occasion, even if I wanted.

I don't consider myself a furry per se. I like to watch the art, read and write furry stories, but nothing more, especially IRL. Not that I would have the occasion, even if I wanted.
that's how i am. if someone asked me IRL if i was a furry, i'd say no. i draw human-animal mixes, anthros,etc, but idk if i would be called a furry

I'm neutral. I draw furry art, but no one has thought of it as "furry".
no one on my deviantart has ever used the term furry, so i guess people don't think of my art as furry art either. i think it's the kind of anthros i draw

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
well, granted i'm not hardcore into the fandom, i tend to keep things on the down low... my bf is one of those "yiff in hell" types (even though he knows i draw anthro art!) and none of my friends are interested in it...

yeah the bf thing is really irritating, but i could start a whole other thread on him...

Jeeze, personally I'd never be able to have a gf/bf that thinks that. I'd feel insulted in my identity outright... then again, you say you don't consider yourself a furry, so I guess you're not exactly in the same situation.

I voted "neutral". I told three people IRL, and I doubt I'll tell anyone else anymore. I draw furry art in public, but my art is always clean so people don't seem to ask questions, though some find it unusual. The rest of the time I don't drop any hint whatsoever. I'd confirm if anyone asked, though.

First was my bro, who considers furries are just a bunch of no-life's and frequently hints he want me to stop drawing.

Second was a friend who's a bit of an internet dweller and knew what furry art was but who didn't understand I was a furry until I told him despite MASSIVE hints. I really wanted him to know (he was the only one to know about furries - they are essentially unknown in Quebec, and I wanted to "test" out what opening up could lead to), but didn't have the guts to tell him directly, until I simply couldn't have made it more obvious - then I gave up and just said everything in one fell swoop. His opinion is pretty much alike his general philosophy : "You know what's best for you, I personally don't mind. Don't worry, be happy."

Third was another friend who had no idea what furries were and went "Hmm, and what is that exactly?". Told him I'd explain it... later (doubt I ever will) but I told him he could just go get a look on Wikipedia if he wanted to. Bad idea in retrospective, he could get all kind of false ideas - then again, he's not one to judge, so I guess it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.