• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Public JSON APIs

Kylaaa

Right now, in order to scrape content, you need to fetch an entire page at a time.

I'm working on a project where I look at all of the submissions on https://www.furaffinity.net/msg/submissions/, then dispatch requests for every view I haven't seen before.

Rather than having to issue individual requests to https://www.furaffinity.net/view/%d/, it would be fantastic if there were public APIs that supported multi-GET functionality.

for example:
- /msg/submissions/json?pageToken
Code:
{
    totalSubmissions : integer,
    nextPageToken : string?,
    previousPageToken : string?,
    pageSize : integer,
    submissions : [
        {
            viewId : number,
            creator : string,
            submissionDate : dateTime
        }, ...
    ]
}

/view/json?ids=<comma separated list of ids>
Code:
{
   views = [
       {
           title = string,
           description = string,
           viewKind = [music, writing, image, flash, etc.],
           creator = string,
           submissionDate = dateTime,
           rating = some enum,
           tags = [ string ],
        }, ...
    ]
}

Obviously there is tons more stuff in the Views page, but you get the point. And this is just scratching the surface, you could have APIs for fetching users, journals, and much more; and it would be amazing if these APIs were publicly available. You could throttle it with API tokens (and hopefully support some authentication that didn't require captcha).

I know this comes with a ton of headaches, but it would be amazing if I didn't have to parse a page full of HTML to get all the cool stuff on a page.

Last edited:

Kylaaa

I have phrased this request really selfishly, but a lot of cool integrations could be build with FA's content if it was exposed in a more code friendly way.