• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pullups

Pullups?

• Total voters

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I found a pull-up bar in the park recently. It's been years since I did pull-ups, so I tried in order to see whether I still could.
I can do six or seven, I want to improve to do 10.

What about you?

This thread was definitely not created just for the joke in the poll.

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
Last time I did any pull-ups I could do 15. No idea on how many now though.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The joke is what I thought you meant at first XD
In middle/high school, I think I was able to do over 10

Last edited:

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
maybe 2 - 5.
with practice over a few days maybe more.

RAM

When I was in grade school? Maybe 40 if I recall correctly.

Now that I'm older, less flexible, heavier, and of poorer cardiovascular health? I could see myself probably doing 15. Maybe 25 tops. I can't confirm this estimation because there are no pullup bars near me.

Somewhat related: my pushup game is better. When I was in Job Corps back in 2017 (or was it 2018?) I used to smoke the shit out of everyone in my dorm building in pushup contests. Maximum number of reps that I managed without stopping was 65 (and yes, I went all the way down to the floor).

[For old time's sake, I just did some now. I managed 50 straight.]

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
Last time I tried I was able to do 6 or 7 I think

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Even at my most fit, two-sports-regularly kind of body, I have never, EVER been able to do a pull-up unassisted.

Was kind of the odd one out at my school for that.

Even with a machine that angles it so I can do something approximating a pull-up at 30% of my weight (like a Total Gym or somesuch), to this day I would still have trouble doing it.

I'm simply too big of a guy and too low a muscle tone and raw strength to even consider it. Always have been.

LameFox

Used to be able to do loads of them as a teen. Now, weirdly, I'm a lot stronger than I was but it's made me so much heavier that lifting myself is harder than it used to be.

Usually I do 3 at a time, a few times in a row, then switch from overhand to underhand and do it again. If I keep going too long my elbows feel weird for a few days, so I'm trying to work up to it slowly.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
When I was younger I could prob do a fat 30 odd pull-ups.

Now? Man I’d be struggling for 2, lmao.
I haven’t done it in awhile, should maybe try but I feel like with my current weight, I won’t get far.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Why would anyone wanna do a pull-up? I mean, unless you were climbing a tree or hanging on a branch, or something!

Most gym-type exercise baffles me---especially these.

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
Why would anyone wanna do a pull-up? I mean, unless you were climbing a tree or hanging on a branch, or something!

I'd bet more people would go to the gym if they made the whole joint look like a forest playground :D

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Where I often go for vacation, there is a beautiful wooded park/trail system that goes along the edge of a major river system opening up to awesome views and relaxing spaces. More to the point though, at a few points in the trail, they built a solid-metal "home-gym" kind of setup, where using outdoor pistons, you can while outside sit and do leg lifts, some crunches, arm lifts/curls/dips, pull-ups, etc...all in the woods with the water as your view!

I always stop there and make a point to do a few things every time, it's sooo awesome an idea! More outdoor places should do that, it's like a jungle-gym for adults!!!

LameFox

Convenience. They involve a fair number of muscles and don't require much equipment. I've done pull ups on a door frame.

O

O.D.D.

At this point I really just want 2 things:

1. get weight down below 200lbs (already started really, I've dropped an entire pants size in about a month though I'm wondering how much of that is stress utterly nuking my appetite)
2. be generally healthier (especially in regards to keeping my lower back from going out) and a bit stronger physically, ideally back to something close to my late teenage years where I could buck 110-120lb bales of hay without too much issue

Izzy4895

Bad Fox
I have done pull-ups at the gym while wearing regular diapers. Can anyone else boast of such a feat? :p

11acfe160d9f8084639a051f8abb26f5.jpg

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
I have no idea. Maybe 10? If I can find a pull-up bar, I'll let you know. There's something wrong with the state of humanity when it's easier to find lat pulldown machines than it is to find a simple pull-up bar. They were common in parks where I grew up. I'll admit to owning one, but it's unassembled and I'd have to screw metal cups into a door frame to use it.

Fallowfox

I have no idea. Maybe 10? If I can find a pull-up bar, I'll let you know. There's something wrong with the state of humanity when it's easier to find lat pulldown machines than it is to find a simple pull-up bar. They were common in parks where I grew up. I'll admit to owning one, but it's unassembled and I'd have to screw metal cups into a door frame to use it.

The one in the park near my is super old.

Zara the Hork-Bajir

I've worked myself up to a daily regimen of 20, rest for 2 minutes, then 15.
Dang your making progress pretty quick if you were at 10 in August. Can you do a muscle up, my bar is too close to the ceiling so I can't train for it but it is something I would like to get to eventually?

Fallowfox

Dang your making progress pretty quick if you were at 10 in August. Can you do a muscle up, my bar is too close to the ceiling so I can't train for it but it is something I would like to get to eventually?

No, or at least I have not tried. I had to look up that up on wikipedia actually.