• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pure Nomic Cult

Liberonscien

All cultists must agree to changes to the state of the cult.

Liberonscien

I propose: If a proposal is unopposed after a day then it is accepted unless it leads to the end of the cult.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
well too late to say it now, but what counts as a renewable source? Any case where their mother can still have children?

I propose: that during our meetings we must all wear Elizabethan collars over our cloak hoods (cones of shame) to show that we are but shameful creatures when compared to the glory of our idol. Cones with "fun" shapes and patterns are totally allowed and possibly encouraged (our idol finds them funny and amusing).

You are allowed to request to borrow any of the following during the meeting if they aren't currently taken apposed to bringing your own:

Liberonscien

All sacrificial virgins must be obtained from certified renewable sources.
How do we define virgin? Penis in vagina sex? Does anal count? Oral?

Last edited:

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I propose that we hold taco tuesdays and have a special set of ceremonial cultist robes just for that. This pair is fine to get dirty and coated in hot sauce without offending our idol! This counts as a gathering, not a meeting so e-collars are not required and thus are safe from messy tacos.

Faustus

I propose that all cultic writings should be done in Linear A. Since this hieroglyphic alphabet has never been deciphered, nobody will ever be able to discern the highly secret texts of our religion. And since that naturally includes all cult members too, we can make stuff up on the fly without fear of contradiction. Nobody can prove that's NOT what the holy book says.

Liberonscien

I propose that all cultic writings should be done in Linear A. Since this hieroglyphic alphabet has never been deciphered, nobody will ever be able to discern the highly secret texts of our religion. And since that naturally includes all cult members too, we can make stuff up on the fly without fear of contradiction. Nobody can prove that's NOT what the holy book says.
I vote against this. I counter propose that our cult writings be written in a language we create ourselves. This language must not knowingly be made using existing words from other languages. In other words, if you know something is a word in another language then it can't be used.

Faustus

I vote against this. I counter propose that our cult writings be written in a language we create ourselves. This language must not knowingly be made using existing words from other languages. In other words, if you know something is a word in another language then it can't be used.
I vote that Liberonscien be in charge of checking all of the world's 6,909 different languages to make sure no words have accidentally been reused ;)

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I vote that Liberonscien be in charge of checking all of the world's 6,909 different languages to make sure no words have accidentally been reused ;)
I counter propose both of these ideas and say our texts will be written in English, but all of our important sentances will be hidden among massive paragraphs of animal puns to discourage/drive-insane all week minded readers.

Faustus

I counter propose both of these ideas and say our texts will be written in English, but all of our important sentances will be hidden among massive paragraphs of animal puns to discourage/drive-insane all week minded readers.
And I watched as they opened the seventh seal... ew.

Liberonscien

Ew, no.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Also, if the seals are our virgin sacrifices we may have to be willing to cut them open do or some other gruesome deed. ; p ...Though I guess we haven't agreed on method of sacrifice yet. I thought ceremonial dagger was pretty common. Right up there with volcano, but since you don't seem to want to open seals if you have better ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Cyanomega

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, so I'll just delete this if I'm in the wrong.

I purpose the cult secrets be displayed in esoteric signs traced by all cut members on normal, every day objects so that those seeking us out have a signpost that draws them towards us(for good or ill) but the uninitiated normalize and rationalize as common things(such as graffiti, geometric symmetry, poetic prose, ect.)

this way the cult grows through seekers and we can cull those who seek to destroy us or corrupt/subvert the inquisitive who have yet to commit.

For reference the yellow sign in the cult of he who Should not be named.

Also, I'm totally not a yellow sign cultist my fellow cultists.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
Is this my chance, for goodness sake, to make the point I've tried to make for all my lifetime (give or take a year)?

And it must come as no surprise: the world gets lost, the world gets wise. So dot your Ts and cross your Is, my dear. This is a golden opportunity to take a stand and claim immunity against the threat of more community service. And you would think that they'd catch on to us. The odds are stacked and vaguely nocuous. Together, we will make the octopus nervous.

We don't have guns, we don't have knives, but we've been waiting all our lives and wait until the day arrives we will. We don't pretend we're fighting crime; we see the world in lemon-lime. The only casualty's the time we kill.

But still, a lot of things are problematical. There is an urge to wax fanatical, but we will not fall prey to radicalism...

...well, never mind, 'cause here's another thing: you won't believe what we're discovering, and you can see it through the hovering prism! Woah-oh!

This is the Fancy-Pants Manifesto
And now, you know.

Liberonscien

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, so I'll just delete this if I'm in the wrong.

I purpose the cult secrets be displayed in esoteric signs traced by all cut members on normal, every day objects so that those seeking us out have a signpost that draws them towards us(for good or ill) but the uninitiated normalize and rationalize as common things(such as graffiti, geometric symmetry, poetic prose, ect.)

this way the cult grows through seekers and we can cull those who seek to destroy us or corrupt/subvert the inquisitive who have yet to commit.

For reference the yellow sign in the cult of he who Should not be named.

Also, I'm totally not a yellow sign cultist my fellow cultists.
Good idea. Also no puns, please.

I propose that we worship a pantheon of of entities. We use the cuter/harmless/benign entities in the pantheon to introduce people to the order then ease them into the real cult.

The real cult worships the forces of chaos, I.e. change.

Cyanomega

Puns not intended.

I propose instead of chaos we embrace true neutrality.

By embracing neutrality we can draw all and everyone, since morality and law are to.all encompassing and with true neutrality we can cast a net side enough to gather a acceptable volume of recruits.

I recognize this might be heretical and move to excuse representative Cyan if he proves problematic