• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pure Nomic

Liberonscien

1. All players must agree to changes to the game.
2. Any player may add any one rule that does not get in the way of the game too much, as determined by the gestalt collective of the players, may be added instantly once per hour. Any rule or collection of rules that are judged to make the game unplayable that were introduced via this rule and only this rule may be removed instantly.

Last edited:

Liberonscien

Since I am currently the only player I propose and accept the following rule: Any player may add any one rule that does not get in the way of the game too much, as determined by the gestalt collective of the players, may be added instantly once per hour. Any rule or collection of rules that are judged to make the game unplayable that were introduced via this rule and only this rule may be removed instantly.

(This is to help the game spiral into nonsense faster.)

Last edited:

Faustus

Since the game doesn't yet have an objective, and clearly needs one, I say that the objective of the game shall be: to be as Faustus-like as possible.

I win.

Liberonscien

Since the game doesn't yet have an objective, and clearly needs one, I say that the objective of the game shall be: to be as Faustus-like as possible.

I win.
I object. You can not be "Faustus-like" because you are Faustus.

Liberonscien

I'm going to invoke rule two: All players must praise the Chaos God of their choice at least once per page.

Liberonscien

Revoked.

Liberonscien

@Faustus , proposal: All players must choose an animal species as their patron.

B

blue sky love

New rule: raw chickens are now used as the only weapons.

Faustus

Because this concept is very similar to a card game called 'Cambridge Rules Mao', a game in which players aren't told the rules and have to work out what they are by watching to see what people get penalised for, and one of the 'standard' rules of Mao is that all jokers are the nine of diamonds.

Another rule is that every time you play the nine of diamonds, and therefore also a joker, you have to say "There's the Badger!"

Liberonscien

Because this concept is very similar to a card game called 'Cambridge Rules Mao', a game in which players aren't told the rules and have to work out what they are by watching to see what people get penalised for, and one of the 'standard' rules of Mao is that all jokers are the nine of diamonds.

Another rule is that every time you play the nine of diamonds, and therefore also a joker, you have to say "There's the Badger!"
Ah. This game is not really much like Mao. In Mao the rules are secret. In Nomic the rules are not secret, initially.

Liberonscien

Proposal: Remove rule two.

Thoughts?