• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question about a 3DS art app

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
Has anybody here used the Colors!3D app? I'm interested in playing around with it, but I'd like some input from anybody who has used it. Is it easy to learn? What sorts of features are available? Is it worth the cost to download?

I appreciate any response I get!

Judge Spear

I had it on the Vita. While it's a noble attempt at bringing drawing to the portable systems, I still say do drawing on PC or a book.
It is pressure sensitive. You CAN make elaborate stuff, but it was very frustrating. Too small a surface even with the Vita's hulking plentiful screen. While I'd say the Vita is better to use it with, you may find it more enjoyable on the 3DS since it's got a resistive touchscreen vs the Vita's hard iPhone like capacitive touch screen. The pressure sensitivity will feel more natural on the 3DS even with less screen real estate to work with. And I suppose the more pencil like stylus also helps. It's cheap so you aren't really blowing too much money if you end up disliking it.

Give it a go if you really want it.

Last edited:

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
That's good to know. I do have a Wacom bamboo tablet for my PC, but no laptop for portable digital art. This may be a good option, especially since my 3DS is a XL. I'll look into it

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
I sure do! I haven't done a lot of research toward those art programs though. My only concern is the lack of a stylus, but I'm sure I can learn

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I bought Colours! 3d. I'd say it is well worth it. Not only can you draw with ease, but you can browse art from loads of users on the online gallery.And there seem to be quite a lot of furry artists in the online community. I normally couldn't draw if my life depended on it, but the avatar I made on it for this site actually isn't horrible.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

Judge Spear

High quality ones are REALLY expensive though.
And there is an app for iPad called Sketchclub.
[video=youtube;pzuZSljALpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzuZSljALpg[/video]