• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question about adding earlier pieces to an established gallery.

C

chasing_rabbits

I went through my artbox today and found a few pieces of old art I'd like to add to my gallery, the problem is that I'm a neatfreak and don't really want the older pieces being displayed in front of the current pieces. Is there any way I can upload them as is and have them display earlier in time? Or do I have to nuke the entire gallery and build it again from the floor up?

Feedback appreciated.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
You would have to delete everything which would remove any favs and comments pissing anyone who follows your artwork off and re-upload.

Don't do it unless you are willing to lose watches, and end up being flamed for re-uploading things and clogging up the "new submissions" page.

C

chasing_rabbits

Sounds silly :/ Thanks for the heads up though. DA has a function where you can drag & drop reorder your own gallery. If enough people feel the same, perhaps it's something FurAffinity could look into as well :)

Werewolfhero

Mageknight Werewolf
Well you could add it to your scraps folder for now. That way it wont show up in the main gallery. And once the folder system gets implimented (one of these days) just make a folder for older works or the year it was done or so, then move it from the scraps to the new folder. :3

C

chasing_rabbits

That actually is a really good idea. I'll give it some thought!
My gallery is fairly new, so I'm not worried too much about cluttering up anyone's server. Likewise I don't have many comments or +favs on what I have so I think if there's any time to do it, it would be now. Sucks that some users will get their tail in a knot over it, but I completely understand why (it is so annoying!)

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Well upon looking at your profile you have not too many submissions, so people may not object.

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As others have already said, there is no option to rearrange the order of the submissions in your gallery. But it will be implemented with the coming of the gallery folders feature.

Konda

Sounds silly :/ Thanks for the heads up though. DA has a function where you can drag & drop reorder your own gallery. If enough people feel the same, perhaps it's something FurAffinity could look into as well :)
Speaking of which is there a way to reset the changes you made to your gallery on DA?
It seems way easy to make a mess out of things..
or at least I noticed that if you make a folder, and then add things to it, the submissions are displayed in the order you put them in the folder rather than by upload date.
Meaning you'd have to order it manually.
Why would they make you do that. x(

Firehazard

I can fix it!
Actually, the ability to specify the date a piece was created would be cool. ArtSpots I think lets you do that.