• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question about paws?

What type of paws do you prefer?

• 4 Paw Fingers

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • 5 Paw Fingers

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • I could give a flying finger!

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

Kranksty

Burnt to a crispy texture
What do you think looks better for paws?

I know some do the 4 paws and some do all 5 paws.
I know the 5 paw one is probably more comfortable but I am sure there is a way to make the 4 pawed ones to fit comfortably too?

And too how do I foam the paws?
I think some do and some don't but I want to go with a padded looking paw then looking like a hand.

5-finger paws are my favorite. the 4-finger seem way too uncomfy.

-Lucario-

I like the 5 finger paws because then the character has the always important middle-finger =3

^This, but I prefer 3 finger paws for my own personal reasons. Keep em odd so you can have a middle finger!

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
What do you think looks better for paws?

I know some do the 4 paws and some do all 5 paws.
I know the 5 paw one is probably more comfortable but I am sure there is a way to make the 4 pawed ones to fit comfortably too?

And too how do I foam the paws?
I think some do and some don't but I want to go with a padded looking paw then looking like a hand.

I voted 5 because I like to play guitar in suit!

As far as foaming them, I'm kinda stumped here. Big, tooney paws don't seem like they would be very dexterous.

A wild guess would be to make a big foam glove (top, bottom) and line it with something to protect the foam. Then trim and round off the glove edges. You would then fur it. At least that's how I would try it.

Kellan, the old warhorse.

conejo

I got 4 finger paws.
ring and pinky are together as one. where people find them "odd" is when they have the index and middle as one. so dont do the latter.
ring and pinky together is the way to go.

five fingers would be better for foamed paws but i havent done those yet. I guess they would work for 4.

T

Tewin Follow

I think four fingers are cuter and more toony.
Watch any cartoon, most characters (human or not) have four digits for no reason, but it works.

I don't know the best method for foaming the paws, but I recommend it.

My comissioned paws have no padding-- they're adorable but I have to wear gloves under them so people don't feel my fingers when I shake their hands.

Kranksty

Cool :)

It will be hard to decide what one to do, so far the 5 fingered paws are winning in the polls.

wolflette

Unique Wolf
5 finger for me... i cant imagine 'loseing' my middle finger i use it too much, however if your not keeping your joints limber, 4 finger looks more normal [well as normal as a fursuit can lol]

FiliaFlammae

TLK Fanatic
I'd prefer 5 fingers for dexterity.

Well, if you want a more padded, toony-looking paw, going 4-finger does half the work already; depending in the effect you're looking for, you may not even have to use foam at all. But then again, I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

Kranksty

I'd prefer 5 fingers for dexterity.

Well, if you want a more padded, toony-looking paw, going 4-finger does half the work already; depending in the effect you're looking for, you may not even have to use foam at all. But then again, I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

I am not so sure myself xD
I think I might do a puppy or bear seeing as the kind of fur that I have is a dark brown furr for part of it and cream colored for my other fur I have.

Leaning more towards puppy though.
I think a Fox would look to odd with dark brown and cream fur.. Lolz