• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question: How light for blue hair?

Y / N?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
I am guessing that is light enough to put blue in.
My hair was insanely pink before. That worked alright for me.
[here]

It should work.

Keep in mind though, I have no experience with haircare products and I'm not a huge fan of dying hair to begin with. Of course, I'm a ginger, so my hair is naturally awesome by default. =D

Lunar Wolf

The One and Only
since you have bleached it I wouldn't recommend putting color in it yet.. I would wait just a little longer because you have damaged your hair.. you put the color in now its going to make it worse and it won't look right.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
since you have bleached it I wouldn't recommend putting color in it yet.. I would wait just a little longer because you have damaged your hair.. you put the color in now its going to make it worse and it won't look right.
I dyed mine right after bleaching it.
It looked fiiiine.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
I waited a week 'cuz nobody would help me... It was my first time and I didn't wanna dye my face...
I do my own hair all the time, colour, cut, and style.
I seem to be doing alright.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
EdieFantabulous: "This content is currently unavailable." :/

Slyck: I want pink and blue, not rainbows. Lol.

Bloodshot_Eyes: Mine's been darker before, too, when I tried for blue. But it's always been insanely hard for blue to stick to my stubborn hair.

A Concerned Citizen: Hopefully.

Lunar Wolf: I thought that rule only applied to permanent color, instead of semi-perms? Since the semi-perms don't actually have ammonia in them and shit. (As far as I know.) Actually, I always thought that was the whole point of the "bleach first" rule, to damage your hair enough for otherwise weak semi-perms to actually penetrate the hair.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
Did you do it or a professional? My older sister tried to and OMG it turned out horrible
No I am too poor to afford that kind of treatment.
I go and buy a couple $10 bleaching kits, and wet my hair with one.
Then when it stops getting hot, I comb out most of it and put in the second box.
(I am native colour does not like to leave my hair)
and then I washed it out, used my dye, and ba-BAM! Pink hair.

Tibba

The Finite Witch
A coworker of mine does hair, and she's told me repeatedly that a common mistake people make is thinking it's OK to dye your hair immediately after bleaching. Not that it'll turn out bad, but the color won't stick as well, so the color won't last as long.

Also, only wash color treated hair in cold water. It'll last longer :D

Last edited:
I hate dyes. It doesn't ever work well for me.

I tried to dye my hair blonde once. You know what? I looked like a fucking pumpkin.

alicewater

F*ck you, that's my name
No don't do it! I did this same thing myself two years ago and yes it turned my hair green! Sure it looked epic in my hair, but seriously don't do it.

Lunar Wolf

The One and Only
Well personally I've never dyed my hair before. I have a natural highlight that pops out in the summer time and I like the way it looks.

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
You called?
I beat you here.
wish I could. but thats good for you!
Awe, it's not all that hard.
I hate dyes. It doesn't ever work well for me.

I tried to dye my hair blonde once. You know what? I looked like a fucking pumpkin.
Did you get blond, or Bleach? Blond dye is for people with light hair (which you do not have).
You need bleach, and if your hair is anything like mine you will need two boxes.