• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question: nose ring

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
And before I say anything else, don't tell me "Piercings are ugly" or "Take it out" or things of that nature.
Well, you can if you want to waste your time. But I like it, and you're not going to change my opinion on it.

Okay, so, I got mine done about a week and a half ago, and it's still really sore when I mess with it, and wet inside the hole, and it gets little crusties.
Is this normal? This didn't happen with my lip ring.
If it IS normal, how long do you figure until it heals up and stops doing that?
I have saline solution that I soak it with regularly.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
yea, it's normal. it's gonna be crusty for a good while, and will be sore for a few more weeks. i think my ear was sore for a month or so.

serious question: is it still easy to pick your nose with a nose piercing?

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Alright. Thanks.

And it's about the same. Lol. Hurts when I bump into the ring, but that's the only difference.
Makes it a little more difficult when the shit sticks to the ring itself. Requiring more moving it, and thus more pain.

J

Jelly

Well.
Very common to piercing, and I wouldn't worry about it.
It'll probably start clearing up in around a month or so.
Just keep cleaning it and avoid contact with it, and you'll be fine.

I typically do an alcohol mixture for my piercings and swab between the skin and jewelry.

I would only worry if you start getting localized swelling after a week or two and prolonged pain with no contact.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I have gauges in my ear. Before I stretched it, it crusted over a few times before trying ot "eat" the metal.

It's normal.

Also, Use alcohol once a day.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Ewww omg gross.

Piercings are so gross =P

It's our temple. We just choose to decorate it with shinies...
And "paintings".

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
And before I say anything else, don't tell me "Piercings are ugly" or "Take it out" or things of that nature.
Well, you can if you want to waste your time. But I like it, and you're not going to change my opinion on it.

Okay, so, I got mine done about a week and a half ago, and it's still really sore when I mess with it, and wet inside the hole, and it gets little crusties.
Is this normal? This didn't happen with my lip ring.
If it IS normal, how long do you figure until it heals up and stops doing that?
I have saline solution that I soak it with regularly.

Then stop messing with it... if you keep irritating a wound, it won't heal properly. And it will hurt more. Oh, and did you purchase a leash to go with that nose ring? I imagine you could clip/hang/dangle lots of stuff on that puppy.........

Last edited:

Sam

Then stop messing with it... if you keep irritating a wound, it woun't heal properly. And it will hurt more. Oh, and did you purchase a leash to go with that nose ring? I imagine you could clip/hang/dangle lots of stuff on that puppy.........

Thanks Roose, I seriously envisioned someone being led around on a leash from their nose ring.....

Christ...

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Thanks Roose, I seriously envisioned someone being led around on a leash from their nose ring.....

Christ...

That's what nose rings on bulls are for......... >.<

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Christ...

I know someone who has a leash for his nose ring. He and his..."master" go to a goth club couple of times a month.

Hopefully no one pulls too hard on it.

Thou Dog

I know someone who has a leash for his nose ring. He and his..."master" go to a goth club couple of times a month.

Hopefully no one pulls too hard on it.
I've been led on a leash... but the collar was around my neck. And jesus, if someone yanks it, it hurts.

I can't imagine what a septal piercing would be like, if that was jerked.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I've been led on a leash... but the collar was around my neck. And jesus, if someone yanks it, it hurts.

I can't imagine what a septal piercing would be like, if that was jerked.

I wouldn't want to know either. X.x

J

Jelly

I kind of like the way split earlobes look. You know, when some bouncer dude rips your earring out for being a punk and then breaks your leg or whatever.

hot shit
hot
shit

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I kind of like the way split earlobes look. You know, when some bouncer dude rips your earring out for being a punk and then breaks your leg or whatever.

hot shit
hot
shit

Dude... >.>

Irreverent

It's our temple. We just choose to decorate it with shinies...
And "paintings".

Some people treat their body like a temple....I treat mine like a tent. ;) I'm still thinking about getting my ear done.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Some people treat their body like a temple....I treat mine like tent. ;) I'm still thinking about getting my ear done.

Mine has "Sacrifical cow" nights...aka steak.

I am also contacting a decorator to paint the exterior of my temple. The walls are too bland.

And it's your choice. :D

J

Jelly

Dude... >.>

Well.
I don't know.
Split tongues are kind of cool, too.
I guess if its like "man, I'm modifying my body" don't be all, like, corporate about it - balls to the walls man.

Also are septum piercings totally impossible to hide because I'm exactly that corporate pussy I'm talking about, but I want like a grampy bone. Also thinking about gauging my ears - how did you do it.

okay
thanks
also jacking this thread

VoidBat

Nose rings are okay. Pierced nipples. Borderline case.

Had a guy in my class who did that. Much lulz and nipple-twisters were handed out.