• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question on a bodysuit.

norm

So, I'm making my first ever body suit for and I don't know if I should use the original seams that were in the pattern plus the fur color transitions, or if I should just use Norm's fur transitions (at least on the body and legs) as seams.

You can see the ref sheet here.

Any help is appreciated.

Hutch

Keep Smiling :)
You would have to do both. The way I do it, it to make just a basic bodysuit out of scrap fabric, then draw on all the markings and stripes and anywhere the fur changes color. Then you need to separate the scrap fabric body suit back to it being in pieces, then cut out all the places you drew on where it changes. Be sure to mark it so it will line up again when you sew it back together, and also remember to add in your seam allowance where the fur will be sewn together when cutting it out of the fur.
Then when you start sewing it together, just sew the pieces that will end up being on the same pattern piece (for example the arm sleave will be in two pieces from the scrap pattern, but when you draw on your markings it should be 4 pieces two for the white and 2 for the darker color.) When you get all your marking sewn into the original pattern, then you can sew the pattern together as normal and all the markings should be there and in the right spots. :)
I hope that helped a little, didn't want to get into too much detail and scare you off the project.
Good Luck!!

norm

Thanks for the info! And don't worry about don't worry about too much detail, Ill take all I can get. I'm not stopping this project till it's done, I already have a head/hand paws/tail so I'm gonna see this through to the end!

norm

So... Norm is done-ish. I am not 100% happy at this point, but for a first try, I think it’s passable. Is there anyone who can tell me how fix the neck on the suit? It’s way lower that I expected and it doesn’t quite sit/close the way I was hoping it would. Here is a link to a vid (the only way i could see how the suit looked on me, lol) http://youtu.be/mp0tnAxocx0 I am working on this solo and I also do not have a mannequin, so I was mostly just guessing and hoping.

Hutch

Keep Smiling :)
You may have to take out the seams up at the top of the body suit just a couple inches. Then just keep ill owing the shape of that specific piece and add just a bit more fur to make it longer on each piece. Then sew up the seams that you took out with the extensions. Done :). Longer neck.
If you do it in the front though you will have to either move the entire zipper up or add a little flap and put in snaps I account for the added pieces.