• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Question

Does anyone have any inspiration for a newbie writer and furry?

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Ah inspiration for writing I try to group a bunch of songs with a similar them & write a story while listening to those songs.

Otherwise it's from really vivid dreams I have mainly from one where the setting has repeated 8 times.

quoting_mungo

Inspiration is a crutch and a bad excuse more than it is something necessary to produce work. Decide what you want to write, then sit down and write it, a little bit each day. You'll end up producing higher quality content AND more of it, than if you'd just sat around waiting for inspiration to strike.

I used to commute by local train like 45 minutes each way daily. I spent most of these commutes (sometimes I might not find a seat so I couldn't pull up my laptop, sometimes I was just dead tired so I'd nap instead, sometimes my classmate who took the same train wouldn't take a hint and let me write in peace...) writing, and ended up being more prolific than I've been during any other non-NaNoWriMo period of my life. Most of it was taking existing characters and throwing them into situations, and very little of it was more than disembodied scenes, but that's all I had ambition to produce at the time, so I pulled off what I meant to. Some days were easier than others, but getting your brain used to writing daily will actually reduce the likelihood and severity of any writer's block striking you.

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Inspiration is a crutch and a bad excuse more than it is something necessary to produce work. Decide what you want to write, then sit down and write it, a little bit each day. You'll end up producing higher quality content AND more of it, than if you'd just sat around waiting for inspiration to strike.

I used to commute by local train like 45 minutes each way daily. I spent most of these commutes (sometimes I might not find a seat so I couldn't pull up my laptop, sometimes I was just dead tired so I'd nap instead, sometimes my classmate who took the same train wouldn't take a hint and let me write in peace...) writing, and ended up being more prolific than I've been during any other non-NaNoWriMo period of my life. Most of it was taking existing characters and throwing them into situations, and very little of it was more than disembodied scenes, but that's all I had ambition to produce at the time, so I pulled off what I meant to. Some days were easier than others, but getting your brain used to writing daily will actually reduce the likelihood and severity of any writer's block striking you.

Thank god that I had those vivid dreams!