• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Questions about Skyrim: Enhanced Edition

Impulse-8

That one guy.
For anyone that has Skyrim: Enhanced Edition for the PS4 (Or Xbox One, that's fine), I have two questions:

1. Are the loading times better in the Enhanced Edition over the PS3/Xbox 360 versions?

2. Can you get these mods on it?

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)
Sky UI
Personalized Music
Jaxonz Real Names
Morrowloot
PrivateEye's Artifacts
Unread Books Glow
Ish's Souls to Perks
VVE - Vanilla Voice Expansion
A Simple Marriage Mod
~
Inigo
Lusty: An Argonian Maid Follower
Ultimate Combat
TK Dodge
TK Combat
WARZONES 2015
OBIS-Organized Bandits in Skyrim
Falskaar

J

jayhusky

I'm none too sure about the mods/addons, but from what I've seen loading times are on average a few seconds less overall. I'd say between 2 & 5 seconds, depending on mods installed and amount of storage used on the console.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
For anyone that has Skyrim: Enhanced Edition for the PS4 (Or Xbox One, that's fine), I have two questions:

1. Are the loading times better in the Enhanced Edition over the PS3/Xbox 360 versions?

Don't know about console. PC player here.
Load times are nonexistent for me with an SSD.

Unfortunately all my answers are PC related. in most cases mods are available on XBone but PS4 doesn't allow original assets so if the mod in question has new stuff, the answer is NO by default.

2. Can you get these mods on it?

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)
NO
Sky UI
NO (even on PC yet but they're working on it. SKSE still needed)
Personalized Music
YES
Jaxonz Real Names
NO
Morrowloot
YES
PrivateEye's Artifacts
NO
Unread Books Glow
YES
Ish's Souls to Perks
NO
VVE - Vanilla Voice Expansion
NO
A Simple Marriage Mod
NO
Inigo
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lusty: An Argonian Maid Follower
NO
Ultimate Combat
YES
TK Dodge
NO
TK Combat
NO
WARZONES 2015
NO
OBIS-Organized Bandits in Skyrim
NO
Falskaar
YES

Impulse-8

That one guy.
It astounds me how consoles could get the whole Falskaar mod available to them, yet lore-friendly names for generic NPCs, the ability to divorce your spouse, and dodging is not.

But Inigo is available, and that is f#cking awesome.

Personalized Music is cool, too.
I can picture blasting MGS: Peace Walker's "Love Deterrence" theme while fighting Alduin.
It'd bring more impact than the actual battle.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Inigo the best one anyway. :p
My only gripe with the mod is that the voice actor needs to redo several lines. He's clearly grown as a voice actor and it's easy to tell which lines were recorded first. Half of inigo's lines are genuinely adorable and very well spoken but the other half are a try-hard trying to mock a Khajiit inflection. All of his newer lines, observations and banter sound great while most of those tied to his intro and first half of his quest(s) are terrible. Some lines were so bad that i ALMOST uninstalled him but i'm glad i stuck it out. if you haven't figured it out already, i'm a real stickler for voice acting.

It astounds me how consoles could get the whole Falskaar mod available to them, yet lore-friendly names for generic NPCs, the ability to divorce your spouse, and dodging is not.

The biggest problem is that most modders have already left the Skyrim scene. Everybody was making mods when the game first came out but only a fraction of them are still modding this late in the game. Most of the GOOD mods are being converted to work on SSE but lots of the teeny tiny mods have been abandoned. Bottom line is, mod authors aren't coming back to update their mods.