• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Questions ragarding something

kylr23

Ok lets just says I made a reference sheet and posted it on the main FA site. Some time latter some one decided to make a picture based off of it. (*and with out asking me*) Is this against the AUP? Because after some time and thought I wounder if the said picture is in violation. Heh. Sorry if its in the wrong spot.

J

jayhusky

1. This should be in the support/harrassment forum.

2. If they didn't ask you then yes it would be, point this out to the person who created the copy and refer them to your submission, the date you posted it should be before the other persons.

In short yes that is a violation, (At least to my knowledge of the AUP)

Stratelier

Ok lets just says I made a reference sheet and posted it on the main FA site. Some time latter some one decided to make a picture based off of it. (*and with out asking me*) Is this against the AUP? Because after some time and thought I wounder if the said picture is in violation. Heh. Sorry if its in the wrong spot.
Do you mean they used your reference sheet to make their own drawing of that character? No, that by itself is not technically a violation, it is comparable to fanart/giftart really.

Now if they didn't credit you for the reference sheet or character's design (or worse, attempt to claim it as their own) THEN you can complain to FA staff about the plaigarism.

But merely drawing another artist's character is, by itself, NOT a violation.

mrredfox

id say yes and no, yes because they used your character, but no because it was created by them, and also say i made a char sheet of a fox, anyone else that draws a fox wouldent be copywrite infringment or anything