• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Quiet... too quiet...

Alpha527

Is it just me, or has the community been very quiet/dead lately? If anyone else has noticed this, is there a possible reason for it?

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
it varies day to day

ben909

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Is it just me, or has the community been very quiet/dead lately? If anyone else has noticed this, is there a possible reason for it?

I saw that too...just figured it was pre-Halloween/pre-christmas business, but yeah, kind odd. It does vary though so hang tight...

ben909

also last year was probably a high bar because pf covid

ben909

An entire country with cabin fever and axes to grind. Generally a bad idea to give people a ton of free time, and few good outlets.
yea but it was also good for the pvp game rounds

ben909

i missed the chance
E06FF411-36FA-45EF-AD1F-B20265CC05A2.jpeg

P

PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT

Forums in general seem to be dying in favor of more social outlets like reddit, Facebook, twitter, etc and the resurgent of group chats (telegram, discord)

Honestly this forum moves pretty good compared to niche electronics or automotive forums that may get a new topic once every 3 months and only get a new post every few days even with a 40k user Base.

A forum is dead. Long live the forum.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
My b, my b. College is hard things will pick up when i get out.

Judge Spear

This forum or the fandom?

If you mean the forum, that's how it goes now. Forums are a dying breed of communication. Internet culture shifted universally for the worse and now no one wants to be bothered with a healthy forum over Discord and Twitter. Telegram if you're a predator.
Bite sized fast food content that can be consumed in 10 seconds is all most people have patience for now.

lolox

This forum or the fandom?

If you mean the forum, that's how it goes now. Forums are a dying breed of communication. Internet culture shifted universally for the worse and now no one wants to be bothered with a healthy forum over Discord and Twitter. Telegram if you're a predator.
Bite sized fast food content that can be consumed in 10 seconds is all most people have patience for now.
Unfortunately I think this is the case. I've seen the same development in other (non-furry related) forums as well. It's a sad thing ...

Everyone just uses Twitter and other abominations like it. A total disaster if you ask me. I very much prefer forums as they provide a far stronger sense of community as well as content that actually goes somewhere and is interesting to read.

If Twitter was a restaurant, they'd be the equivalent of a McDonalds, while a forum would be more like an exclusive, finer restaurant.