• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Quotes that you like

Vari

Purple Fluffy Folf
I recently discovered this quote, but it really makes me think about some decisions I’ve made in the past.

“In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take” - Lewis Carroll

Faustus

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

- Bertrand Russell

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

-Douglas Addams

Arnak

Off the bench
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun -bruce Campbell

May the ancestors look after you, may they look after us all -Ignitus

Mehoy minoy -doodlebob sketchpants

What's up guys! H2o Delirious here

Arnak

Off the bench
Everyone has deep stuff and I'm just here quoting shiiii, like an idiot

I

Infrarednexus

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Corinthians 13: 4-7

I

Infrarednexus

"All that is not saved will be lost"

-Every video game ever

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
"Glory is mine!" -Sebille DOS2
"I'll yield to none!" -Fane DOS2

"They couldn't of gone far." -The NPC I robbed and stole all the good stuff from. DOS2

Well, the first two are said by anyone, but lone wolf run has been me hearing them say that constantly.

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Timid Nature-Often lost in thought
" You don't know darkness.. "
" I promise you, I'm normal.. "
" Like something, love something, then just let it consume your soul."
" Why not let someone cease from your existence? "
(Usually when I'm pissed off at an ex..)
" People are the biggest burden in life. "
Now for two fun things from Brutalmoose, my fav YouTuber!

"Remember that part when fro-Elza used her ice powers in the movie Frozen..?
.....I do.."

"I wouldn't say No to cheez-its..I would say..
Yes."

RyejekG

Don't know if this has already been posted but this is my favorite:

"You reap what you sow. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than just act without any thought or doubt." Khan Metro 2033

Captain TrashPanda

A broke college racc
4AD09E0B-5DC0-4AC2-9212-21FBB11E988A.jpeg

Quality quote

Z

Z-ro

"Hakuna Matata"
[COLOR=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]"Yippee-ki-yay, Motherfucker!"[/COLOR]

Chumbo

Fascist Dictator
"It was a close place. I took it up, and held it in my hand. I was a trembling, because I'd got to decide, forever, betwixt two things, and I knowed it. I studied a minute, sort of holding my breath, and then says to myself:
'All right, then, I'll go to hell' - and tore it up.
It was awful thoughts, and awful words, but they was said. And I let them stay said; and never thought no more about reforming."

Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

We're beholden to the societies that direct our lives and provide for us.
Maybe there really is a god or are some gods that we owe thanks to as well.
But if they want something that hurts other people, I hope I'll always stand against it - their will be damned and come with it the hellfire that may.

WXYZ

No longer using this site
We ought to stand up and look the world frankly in the face. We ought to make the best we can of the world, and if it is not so good as we wish, after all it will still be better than what these others have made of it in all these ages. A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after the past, or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men.
- Bertrand Russell, "What We Must Do"

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
"Take us closer, so that I may hit them with my sword" - Anonymous Imperial Commissar, Warhammer 40k

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
“What makes The Joker tick I wonder?” Frederic said. “I mean, what are his real motivations?”

“Consider him at any level of conduct,” Bruce said slowly, “in the home, on the street, in interpersonal relations, in jail—always there is an extraordinary contradiction. He is dirty and compulsively neat, aloof and desperately gregarious, enthusiastic and sullen, generous and stingy, a snappy dresser and a scarecrow, a gentleman and a boor, given to extremes of happiness and despair, singularly well able to apply himself and capable of frittering away a lifetime in trivial pursuits, decorous and unseemly, kind and cruel, tolerant yet open to the most outrageous varieties of bigotry, a great friend and an implacable enemy, a lover and abominator of women, sweet-spoken and foul-mouthed, a rake and a puritan, swelling with hubris and haunted by inferiority, outcast and social climber, felon and philanthropist, barbarian and patron of the arts, enamored of novelty and solidly conservative, philosopher and fool, Republican and Democrat, large of soul and unbearably petty, distant and brimming with friendly impulses, an inveterate liar and astonishingly strict with petty cash, adventurous and timid, imaginative and stolid, malignly destructive and a planter of trees on Arbor Day—I tell you frankly, the man is a mess.”

“That’s extremely well said Bruce,” Fredric stated. “I think you’ve given a very thoughtful analysis.”

“I was paraphrasing what Mark Schorer said about Sinclair Lewis,” Bruce replied.

“Well it’s very brilliant all the same,” Frederic noted.

~Donald Barthelme, exerpt of a short story, "The Joker's Greatest Triumph", 1964