• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

R.I.P. Monitor

Ty Vulpine

My monitor just started flickering and developed an orangish spot in the lower right-corner about a half hour ago, so I switched to my HDTV (has a computer plug-in in the back) to see if was indeed the monitor or the graphics card, and the HDTV works fine (no flickering or spot), so it appears to be the other monitor :( It was only a little more than 3 years old, and was the last part of the original computer that I still had (gave the keyboard, mouse and printer to my brother since I had bought a wireless mouse/keyboard set and a copier/scanner/printer.), and the old hard drive had gone kablooey.

Aurali

Banned
Banned
that kind of stuff usually only happens to me when the cord is worn.. can you get a spare or is it the whole cord attached to monitor thing?

Ty Vulpine

that kind of stuff usually only happens to me when the cord is worn.. can you get a spare or is it the whole cord attached to monitor thing?

I switched all the cords over to the HDTV and there's no problem, so something went wrong with the monitor itself.

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
Can you give us more information? Type of monitor (CRT, LCD, DLP, etc) size, under what circumstances the spot showed up?
Just a guess, though, if it's a CRT: did you put anything magnetic near it recently?

Ty Vulpine

It's a flat panel screen, manufacture date November 2006, so it's less than 3 years old, 15" screen. Not sure what caused it to act like it did. I've never hit it or brought magnets near it.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
It's a flat panel screen, manufacture date November 2006, so it's less than 3 years old, 15" screen.
Hmm. 15", 3 years old, probably a blown backlight or backlight inverter. As for the orangish spot, not sure what to say about it other than it's a 15", and back when those were still available (and back in 2006), the build quality isn't so great.

That having been said, what was the manufacturer?

or brought magnets near it.
This doesn't do anything to LCD monitors.