• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

raccoon problems.

Saintversa

Can't keep a good dog down
well i posted a thread a while ago talking about monsters in my attic.. it turns out theres a family of raccoons living up there and this is the mom

raccoon_troubles_by_saintversa-d37220f.jpg

sad thing is she passed away last night. and the babys are still in the attic along with the father which is going ape shit and digging into my walls. i called the animal control and they flat out said "we dont do raccoons" WHAT THE FUCK? then what do they do!?

so i dont know who to call.. any one got any idea's? cause i cant go up there and kill it cause they just crawl into my walls..

FoxPhantom

Your wanting to get them back out side and not killed right?

Saintversa

i want to go up in my attic and save the babys, my neighbor says that father raccoons kill the babys if the mother dies.. i can hear them right now and there right over my room but when i go up in the attic there allways gone! and the father too, i set up a non-lethal trap by the hole they made on my roof.. but nothing yet. and plus i dont know if the father will try to attack me or something. i dont know what to do, but no i dont want to kill them i want to save the babys, the father can leave the way he came from.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Shit happens. You could take those babies out and leave 'em in the middle of a place they've never experienced, without any parents to provide for them, do the same thing with the father who'll kill 'em, or leave 'em and he'll kill them. You can't save those babies without raising them yourself, and since I assume you're not going to do that, just let nature go on as it does.

Saintversa

i wouldnt mind taking care of them and raising them, but i got people telling me its illegal or some shit, but its whatever, im trying to figure out how im going to get them out of the attic though, i tried peanut butter and marshmellows but when i came up they were gone and he went back into my wall. god damnit =/

and i dont hear the babys anymore.. they stopped making noise completely i hope their not dead cause i have a basket with towels in it ready to get them out of there.

but i also cant risk it when the father is there, fuck rabies.

FoxPhantom

That doesn't sound good if you don't hear them. Also, I suggest you stop trying to capture them on your own, since it looks like the father knows when to hide.

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I'd advise against intervention. That nature is going to do what nature does best isn't a beautiful thing, but, it is what nature does.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
go to lowes or call your local wildlife management center. lowes carries life traps you can use to catch father or babies or if you are lucky both. just return it to lowes with the receipt and say it was too small or something.

on a side note. it is best to put down the father raccoon. you don't want to be there when you let him go- they go ape shit. best humane way besides suffocation with the exhaust of a car is poison. sounds bad but it is better than getting mauled or him starving.

Last edited:

Saintversa

dude what? im not trying to kill him, and i bought the trap from lowes, its one of those traps to where if they go in it closes the gate in the front, im too lazy to take a pic of it, and i called animal control and the guy got out of his car, saw the mom raccoon on my roof, said "i dont do that kind of thing" and he got back in his car and left.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
well you will be considered lucky if you don't catch something when you release the male. raccoons are DANGEROUS when cornered.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Best to bait the trap with apples and peanut butter. If you catch him GREAT! If you catch the babies even better. Just remember one thing. THEY ARE FUCKING DANGEROUS. You would be wise to set the trap in a plastic garbage bag, tape a hose inside, run the hose to your car or any car and gas him... Sounds bad but it is better than the long term of shots should you get bit. Plus if you get bit they kill him anyway and their gas is much worse. Just run your car about 30 mins. He won't feel pain- just light headed and then he slips off.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
=/ allright.. and i dont think hes leaving till the babys are dead. i want to go up there but its a small attic and i have no advantage to fight back especially when he pretty much dug a tunnel system in my insillation

Take a pellet air rifle if you have one.

I wouldn't be afraid to go up there.

.22 long rifle is best if you have one, semi-auto is my preference. Aim center chest on the male and pop two to three rounds in him, if he lives more then 30 seconds I'd be surprised. As for the babies, get a big Maine Coon cat and let it get them.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
.22 long rifle is best if you have one, semi-auto is my preference. Aim center chest on the male and pop two to three rounds in him, if he lives more then 30 seconds I'd be surprised. As for the babies, get a big Maine Coon cat and let it get them.

OP said he doesn't want to HARM them.

I sometimes wonder if people actually bother reading the OP/thread before posting. :v

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
OP said he doesn't want to HARM them.

I sometimes wonder if people actually bother reading the OP/thread before posting. :v

My opinion is he wanted to sound like a bloodlust badass because killing things is cool, e.t.c. - it's on his profile that he 'loves guns'. When you got something to prove, you make sure people know, even if it's not really applicable to where it's posted.

OP, whatever you choose to do, and however it turns out, you've done right for caring.

Saintversa

nevermind guys.. the babys are dead i just went up there to get them and there all over the place. why the fuck did i have to wait so long to go up there. im actually pretty upset. and the father is fucking GONE! he didnt even go near the trap.. so pissed off.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Now is the time to board that hole up- wouldn't hurt to lay some mothballs up there. Raccoons HATE mothballs.

Saintversa

Take a pellet air rifle if you have one.

I wouldn't be afraid to go up there.

im not afraid to be up there, its just that my house is old and i have to use the wooden beams to move around which is hard even for me even though im pretty short and dont weigh much,
and if i step anywhere thats not the wooden beam il fall through the ceiling, so if he attacked me i would be fucked

i had no intention to kill it. and im not going to shoot a fire arm in my fucking attic thats actually stupid bro. sorry but i dont think you really thought that through especially when i have a sherrif that lives next door to me.

Now is the time to board that hole up- wouldn't hurt to lay some mothballs up there. Raccoons HATE mothballs.

im going to go do right after this post. today fucking sucks man.

Goshujinsama

My suggestion, sleeping pills crushed up on a slice of pizza, a trash can with a sturdy lid and a long stick to push the coon into the can with. or you can realize that it's an intruder in your home and no one is really going to help you so you have to kill it with a nailgun.

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
Wow dude, this must suck for you. But if it helps anything, Raccoons are like, so common, that it's probably a good thing them babys didn't grow up, I know it may sound terrible, but truth is, it isn't a /big/ loss. Just go, have a couple shots of whatever alcohol you please and get on with life, it's not the end of the world. :3

Saintversa

Wow dude, this must suck for you. But if it helps anything, Raccoons are like, so common, that it's probably a good thing them babys didn't grow up, I know it may sound terrible, but truth is, it isn't a /big/ loss. Just go, have a couple shots of whatever alcohol you please and get on with life, it's not the end of the world. :3

good idea. and thanks.. and the people who tried to help me out =/

FoxPhantom

That stinks, having all the dead babies scattered, and having the father gone gets one thing taken care of. But hopefully it doesn't happen again on you.