• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
so I've been thinking about this for a long time, trying to decide if I should become a raccoon, and leave bat to be my second fursona, my friends in irl say that I'm like a raccoon, personality can fit really well.my hands are small as well. I actually had a dream that I captured one before and helped one. I just want to see what this fandom thinks, should I, and if I do, wonder what people think of raccoons in the fandom. I looked on things about stereotypes for these critters, but only found little bits, I have an idea, but I wanna see what u guys think, I can be such a curious person, drives me crazy not knowing. I just like to see what people's opinions. Am I a trash panda.

Raccoons Are the best >:3

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
@DashRaccoon is super cool and awesome, so I’d say raccoons are awesome just because of them :p They’re also fuzzy and cute so thats another plus... It’s whatever you want to be in reality :p if you want to change go for it ^-^ I’d probably recommend leaving your bat sona though just in case ^-^

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
@DashRaccoon is super cool and awesome, so I’d say raccoons are awesome just because of them :p They’re also fuzzy and cute so thats another plus... It’s whatever you want to be in reality :p if you want to change go for it ^-^ I’d probably recommend leaving your bat sona though just in case ^-^
I'm keeping my bat fursona no matter what, in my list

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I think that’s a good idea, but I’m biased of course. :p

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
* hangs from the rafters* do as you wish!
I still have my original genetic white wolf fursona however I seldom use him.

I feel that being a bat is more suiting for me. Hell im even nocturnal and have no problem with small spaces.

So what ever you do is up to you. Just don't come to my farm and try to kill my chickens. It'd be a shame to put two 7.62x54r's into you after you scurry up a tree.

(Personally don't like raccoons after seeing the damage they can cause.)

M

Massan Otter

Again, I'm probably biased, but small to medium sized mammals that tend towards having that sort of playful, curious character can only be a good thing.

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
Why would you even be concerned about stereotypes? This character would be anthropomorphic, right? So he could do anything humans can do and has all the same cognitive abilities, with everything that entails, like conscious choice. He could choose not to be a trash panda. Let your imagination run wild.
I like my character to be the way he is. I don't want it to be too anthro, I like the "zootopia" art style of them, feels more real, but yet keeping that animal look to it, I just think it looks better, and I was wondering what people think of them,
Not to human like, and not to animal like, keeps the base of the animal, yet as that human nature

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
Again, I'm probably biased, but small to medium sized mammals that tend towards having that sort of playful, curious character can only be a good thing.
Yea I can see that, Size does matter on a personality in my opinion, short people tend to be more, energetic, and tall and big people, people who are naturally big, there's a difference between fat and just natural big, anyways they are more calmer or can be,

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
* hangs from the rafters* do as you wish!
I still have my original genetic white wolf fursona however I seldom use him.

I feel that being a bat is more suiting for me. Hell im even nocturnal and have no problem with small spaces.

So what ever you do is up to you. Just don't come to my farm and try to kill my chickens. It'd be a shame to put two 7.62x54r's into you after you scurry up a tree.

(Personally don't like raccoons after seeing the damage they can cause.)
Sounds like a fox more then a raccoons style, raccoons can eat anything, foxes are carnivores.

DashRaccoon

Coon looking for cuddles ^^

Awwww!!

No way, @Astusthefox is way more awesome then I am :p:p

*scritches foxes fur*

DashRaccoon

so I've been thinking about this for a long time, trying to decide if I should become a raccoon, and leave bat to be my second fursona, my friends in irl say that I'm like a raccoon, personality can fit really well.my hands are small as well. I actually had a dream that I captured one before and helped one. I just want to see what this fandom thinks, should I, and if I do, wonder what people think of raccoons in the fandom. I looked on things about stereotypes for these critters, but only found little bits, I have an idea, but I wanna see what u guys think, I can be such a curious person, drives me crazy not knowing. I just like to see what people's opinions. Am I a trash panda.

Raccoons Are the best >:3

We need more raccoons!!

*chants*

One of us! One of us!

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
Sounds like a fox more then a raccoons style, raccoons can eat anything, foxes are carnivores.
Nope was a raccoon was killing chicks Just cus. Killed about 9 of them completely shredded.

Natures brutal yo.

So are two soviet steel cored military rounds made in 1976.

tit for tat.

Still raccoons are pretty decent as anthromorphic characters. Real nature isn't really brought up and is kindly ignore, however focus on the cute side. Thats really what us furries do is take the AWESOME parts of the animal and ignore the rest.

Never have I heard somebody say "My fursona is a wombat because it shits cubes."

G

Ginza

The real question is, do you want it to be a raccoon? Only you will know what works best. I used to have a raccoon sona (been thinking of turning him into an OC lately..) and he was loads of fun! I'm also biased since raccoons are just flat out awesome :D

DashRaccoon

The real question is, do you want it to be a raccoon? Only you will know what works best. I used to have a raccoon sona (been thinking of turning him into an OC lately..) and he was loads of fun! I'm also biased since raccoons are just flat out awesome :D

You know it ! :p:p:p

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
We need more raccoons!!

*chants*

One of us! One of us!

I did a RP, for a good while I was an (innocent) skunk turned raccoon in a transformation/lab setting, where various things go wrong! Well, not so much wrong, but not as predicted. It was pretty fun, to be a coon for a spell, though I was pretty clumsy in trees, not being used to them : P

But more raccoons are definitely needed!

There's a lotta trash, and not enough pandas, so to speak : )

M

Massan Otter

It ocurrs to me that you trash pandas have a vested interest in preventing and avoiding dumpster fires ('cos, y'know, there might be something good in there). That could be a useful property on here...

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
I mean human in terms of behavior and abilities. Has nothing to do with looks.

To answer your question, I think raccoons are awesome.

iu
Rocket as my personality, not all but similar, one of my favorites

SpiralingBats

SpiralTheBat
I did a RP, for a good while I was an (innocent) skunk turned raccoon in a transformation/lab setting, where various things go wrong! Well, not so much wrong, but not as predicted. It was pretty fun, to be a coon for a spell, though I was pretty clumsy in trees, not being used to them : P

But more raccoons are definitely needed!

There's a lotta trash, and not enough pandas, so to speak : )
I used to be a skunk. But eh, I thought about it for a while and didn't think it really was my thing, have to think about it more, but I love the way they look, and their tails, so pretty.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I used to be a skunk. But eh, I thought about it for a while and didn't think it really was my thing, have to think about it more, but I love the way they look, and their tails, so pretty.

It's never too late, to turn back! : P

But thanks, it's hard to disagree that skunks have stunning looks, even in all modesty!

Skakuna

Got tea?
Go on and try :) if you don't like it you can always go back to being a bat. You can have multiple sonas you know.
Besides... you just wrote that raccoons are the best, so why are you even considering not doing it? XD GO FOR IT

Dongding

The sheep
I second skunk. I think you would be a good one.

Raccoon is a good choice too.