• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Rainfurrest - Seattle, WA

Ricky

Anyone going to this con?

Oh, and if someone wants to split a room let me know. I got shafted out of my original rooming plans due to furry flakiness so I've reserved a room but it's just me so far.

RoqsWolf

Now with 100% more ∂ e e r™
Interesting... Im going to Seatle Washington soon for vacation. I might go somehow but since im going to seatle with family i might not go :( When is fur fest? Also can you post more details on it?

Voodoowolf

http://www.rainfurrest.org/2009/index.php

that is the official site =3

it is in september and the theme is zombies!!! hehe

i live in seattle so yes i will be going (actually going to try to get a dealer table)
so if anyone is going stop by to see me and my art *dances* i'll be the short girl with a fox tail strapped to her butt with pencil/marker/pen and sketchbook in hand =3 lol

sry cant help you with the room thing tho =(

RoqsWolf

Now with 100% more ∂ e e r™
Aww I can't go then caus eI'm going to seatle on august 9th

Mr. Platypus

Mmm mmm good.
Zombies!? Dammit to Hell!!! I need a job...
Yeah, so do I considering I'm only 4 hours away and financially no way to pull it off or I would soooo be there. I want to tell Voodoowolf thanks in person (she'll be creating a pic for my avatar), want to go to Seattle as it's one of my favorite cities, and zombies...I like zombies. They remind me of me without coffee. Besides, really curious as to what a furry convention is like.

I wonder if adding "Want finances to purchase a fursuit" to my resume would up my chances of employment any? Should I hold my breath? Didn't think so.

I'm going to go back to my burrow and sulk now.
*stomps webbed feet and makes for dark hole*

Voodoowolf

Zombies!? Dammit to Hell!!! I need a job...

i'm with ya on that one too i only get to go cuz i'm 20 mins from seattle but so far i almost have enough for admission from doing commissions here =P
*holds up a sign that says "starving artist will sketch for food and a fur suit"*

composite_beast

Do Not Panic.
I'm going. Need to network on roomshare, though, unless I win the lottery or something. Too late to get a dealer table (and the state tax thing is weird) but I reserved an art panel.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
I shall be there, for Friday and Saturday :D I finagled Saturday off at one of my jobs. (yes, I'm a furry with TWO jobs!) I'll be floating around, and I hope to be more social at this con too lol. I tend to be a bit shy around people in person. So if you see me, come up and say "HI!"

Ricky

Feel free to say hi to me as well -- I'm pretty friendly :roll:

I'll have a black and white fluffy tail, and my pic is in my profile.

...or should we all meet up at some point? That could be fun ^^

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
Unless something drastic happens I will be going. don't have a room yet but think another fur from my area is going. but still, it looks to be fun.

Jack

i'm going!
as long as the non-rev flights hold out. (which they should!)

S

Scout_Auxfur

Hi, I am thinking about going, but I'm kind of chicken, I really have no idea as to what to expect and... Well let me start of saying I am realy realy new to furrydom; little more then a week. But I am building a fursuit (which is looking awesome by the way!) and I am thinking about going to rainfurrest (I live in the seattle area)... But my biggest thing is I just don't know what to expect, and I don't know anyone that will be going or locally... So...

Ricky

Hi, I am thinking about going, but I'm kind of chicken, I really have no idea as to what to expect and... Well let me start of saying I am realy realy new to furrydom; little more then a week. But I am building a fursuit (which is looking awesome by the way!) and I am thinking about going to rainfurrest (I live in the seattle area)... But my biggest thing is I just don't know what to expect, and I don't know anyone that will be going or locally... So...

Whenever confronting a problem like this you have to assess whether the benefits outweigh the risk.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u

This is why I think this con is good for breaking in people who are new to the furry thing. RF's predecessor was my first con ever. People here are friendly. There's stuff to do for most of the day. I think one of the activities in the various room is an hour long thing directly for those who are new to the fandom. And from what I know, it's one of the smaller cons, so you shouldn't feel so intimidated :) Show up, be nice and friendly and you should be fine. If all else fails, bring a sketch pad and sit down next to any group that's drawing and start talking.

S

Scout_Auxfur

that settles it I am 100% there providing I can find a hotel room to share and I can get the days off from work :) I'm soo psyched!!!