• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

RAM Recommendations?

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
My laptop is a little on the older side, and it only has the 4GB RAM that it came default with. Lenovo Ideapad 330-151GM with a model number of 61D1, B1D1 or 81D1(having trouble telling which one on that somewhat faded sticker.) Any recommendations?

Taken from https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/IdeaPad/ideapad_330_15IGM/ideapad_330_15IGM_Spec.pdf

You only have one DIMM slot so you want to find one 8GB DDR4 module of the SO-DIMM kind. I've had some varied success putting in higher than specified speeds in older laptops so I'd just stick to what is said which is 2400Mhz, unless you want or have the possibility to experiment. I stand to be corrected, but my picture is that for laptops like these or computers that barely ship with their on dedicated graphics and low end CPU, any brand will cut it as long as you stay within the given specifications. And since from what I see it only has one slot for one RAM stick, you will be replacing the old one so no mixing and matching will take place.

I'm sure there's people out there who might have a more personal or hands on experience when it comes to changing or replacing RAM on these models.