• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Random and/or pointless facts?

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Rilvor said:
Digitalpotato said:
Only 5% of the population dream in colour. (How they figured that out I do not know.)

Really? I guess I'm lucky then...my dreams are very vibrant.

Hmmm...Well what colour was C'thulhu when you saw him in your dreams? :p

Your nose and ears never stop growing. (It's true - Look at Borat's nose or Prince Charles's ears and you'll see what I mean)

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Digitalpotato said:
Rilvor said:
Digitalpotato said:
Only 5% of the population dream in colour. (How they figured that out I do not know.)

Really? I guess I'm lucky then...my dreams are very vibrant.

Hmmm...Well what colour was C'thulhu when you saw him in your dreams? :p

facepalm.jpg color.

Oni

Random and most definitely NOT pointless.

http://www.aubg.bg/cs100/prepositions.htm

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Mice can survive falls equivalent to a human falling off a 10 story building unscathed.

Sinister South Paw

Eggs and bacon
The Aztec calander predicts the world will end in 2012.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Edit- I refrsh thread gud

The Chinese created a crossbow with a repeat fire clip over a 1000 years ago. AUTO CROSSBOW!!!!!!!
Zhugenu-payne.jpg

Kipple

Insect Eyes
When slugs, born hermaphrodites, mate, sometimes their genitals get so tangled that one has to chew the other's off. That poor guy can still mate, but only using female parts.

Some dragonfly males have a modified penis that allows them to scoop another male's sperm out of a female and replace it with his own.

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Tycho The Itinerant said:
NewfDraggie said:
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu 85 Longest officially recognized place name

In New Zealand, translates to something like "some guy played a song to his love on his nose flute" or something like that.

"The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one."

And to continue:
The kiwi has the largest egg in proportion to its body size of any bird.

The M25 motorway in the UK almost completely encircles the city of London.

Until 2004, while it was illegal in New Zealand for a female prostitute to request payment for sexual services, it was not illegal for a man to offer payment to a female prostitute for sexual services. (After 2004, prostitution became legal.)

"Unsinkable Sam" was the nickname given to a ship's cat who saw service in both the German Navy and Royal Navy during the Second World War, serving on board three vessels and surviving the sinking of all three: the German battleship Bismarck, the destroyer HMS Cossack, and the aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal.

Haast's Eagle was a massive, now extinct eagle that once lived on the South Island of New Zealand. Weighing between 10 and 15kg, with a wingspan of 2.6 to 3m, it was the largest eagle to have ever lived.

Thietogreth

He who shale be ignored...
Sinister South Paw said:
The Mayan calander predicts the world will end in 2012.

I thought it was supposed to be 2010

(almost forgot)Edit: Fact: My highschool class had some really stupid people. One person from my class decided to stick two paper clips into an electric socket...and did get zapped and fell out of his desk.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Ishnuvalok said:
You can't hear a ducks echo either.

False. This was done on an episode of Mythbusters. You'll hear the echo, it just sounds a lot like the original quack, so you'll *think* you're still hearing the original sound.

Thietogreth said:
I thought it was supposed to be 2010

Nope. 2012. Specifically, the Mesoamerican "Long Count" calendar "rolls over" on December 21, 2012.

For more info, see the Long Count page on Wikipedia.

The first gun to use spitzer style high volecity rounds was the German made Mauser Gewehr 98, first made in 1898. This greatly improved accuracy, but forced the gun to be unable to use a tube magazine as the results are potentially explosive.

Also the first semi-automatic pistol to find any real success and be adopted for standard military use was the Mauser C96 pistol first adopted in 1896 it used a bottleneck 7.63x25mm round that gave the gun a surpizing effective range of 100m which is impressive for a semi-automatic pistol.

The first successful repeating rifle was the Henry rifle which was fielded in about the middle of the Civil War by the Union Army, this design was latter used to make the famous and iconic Winchester lever action rifles. The rapid firing Henry and Winchester rifles were fazed out of use by the US military in favor of far inferior trap door rifles which left US troops with a server disadvantage when faced by Native American tribes armed with Winchester rifles. The trap door was then being fazed out by the Krag-Jorgenson rifle, which when the Spanish-American war broke out left American troops at a disadvantage against the Spanish troops who were armed with Mauser rifles.
After seeing the combat effectiveness of the Mauser during the Spanish-American War the US Army obtained a liscene from the Mauser company to produce their own Mauser-style rifle, known as the Springfield 1903. The rifle orginally used a non-spitzer style round known as the .30/'03 which was three years later fazed out by the spitzer style .30/'06, now Springfields chambered for the now obsolet .30/'03 round will go for thousands for dollars to collectors. The Springfield rifle proved itself a devistatingly accurate rifle in WW1 when US Marines started killing Germans at 800 yards away with standard issue rifles. The Springfield was fazed out as the main combat weapon of the US Army by the M1 Garand rifle; the first semi-automatic rifle to be adopted by any military as a standard issue weapon. The M1 Garand put the average American soldier in a very advantagious position against his Axis counterparts in WW2 by providing him with a semi-automatic rifle, compared to their bolt-action Mauser, Carcono and Arisaka rifles also the Garand held eight rounds, the German Mauser held only five.

Random fact; I just bought a Kar-98k last night
Random fact: Kar-98k stands for Karabiner-98kurz (Carbine 98 short in German)

Pandaf

I just ate a grape, and I...
*Clears throat* This guy on Killzone Liberation, thought you could get custom firm wire (Needed to do hacks) But droping his PSP on the ground, and he droped it xD, He said his screen has a crack.

Another little kid microwaved his, Ended up getting a knew one, cause he didnt want to contact sony about trying to hack, AND microwaving his PSP.

Edit- I refrsh thread gud

The Chinese created a crossbow with a repeat fire clip over a 1000 years ago. AUTO CROSSBOW!!!!!!!
Zhugenu-payne.jpg

Thats a Chukonu (Not spelt right)

Last edited:

Slayn

bang your head.
Wow, lots of comments quick!

Also, I could have sworn that Antidisestablishmentarianism was the longest word in the english dictonary. Then again, maybe not. I'm pretty sure it is though. Keep the pointlessness coming! :D

Also, another pointless thing to mention, I am a paradox :p I'm a Furry thats allergic to Fur! so, i shouldnt actually exist, and therefore, i probably dont.

sorry it is not and the longest word in the swedish language is the
scientific way of saying sneezing.

Pandaf

I just ate a grape, and I...
benjamin franklin would take baths on his front lawn.

I thought he didnt wear undies to bed

HE DESCOVERED ELECTRICITY!

But not enough, so Led Zeppelin made a song called Communication Break down.