• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Random Furry Sightings

Has anyone just randomly ran in to a furry before? If so, did you introduce your self and how did it go?

It was really odd, so I was at work today just doing my normal stuff when I just randomly look out the window. There just so happens to be someone walking across the street.....with a tiger ear hoddie and a tiger tail. I did like one of those double take take thing was like O_O " Holy shit its a furry!". I really wanted to run across the street and just say hi something, but it was to busy and the tiger got away :(. So if you happen to be a furry tiger (at least he look like one lol) who happened to go to 7-11 in keizer OR yesterday drop me a line.

So stories anyone? Do please tell.

xiath

Rocket to your face.
not yet... but i am planing on going to the mall with my friend tomorrow and am planing on buying a dog collar and dogbone tag so that may up the chances

Merp

Pudding!
I think I have...there was a show in the gallery at my school of paintings of furries at a convention...so maybe there was a furry somewhere....but Im not sure if I have ran into a furry before...I mean its not like I can just ask "so are you a furry?"....I guess I could...but I have a feeling it would make things really awkward if they weren't...I wish I knew more furries though... :(

I think I have...there was a show in the gallery at my school of paintings of furries at a convention...so maybe there was a furry somewhere....but Im not sure if I have ran into a furry before...I mean its not like I can just ask "so are you a furry?"....I guess I could...but I have a feeling it would make things really awkward if they weren't...I wish I knew more furries though... :(

You could just always slip some furry lingo in to a conversation and see what they do. Or just shout "I have Yiff!" and see who comes over.

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*
You could just always slip some furry lingo in to a conversation and see what they do. Or just shout "I have Yiff!" and see who comes over.
that may backfire and you'll catch the attention of someone who takes the internet srsly.

XoPp

fook
i have never thought of that, but it is highly possible i am the only in where i live :(

dunno, i would propably just mumble something because i would be so "excited" and the other one would be something like: "wtf gtfo freak."

because i am shy like that

Azmare

yeh l have,well at my school,not that l would call it random though,me and a bunch of friends went into our school library cos we had a freebee for a few of our classes,and one of the people there brought his artbook cos l had asked him to before,there was a bunch on anthro artwork in there and l thought that was cool but it didn't occur to me he was a furry until l asked if he had a deviant art,he said no but he has an FA account.
Then l was like 0_0 wow,another fur in my area? in my school?
but l never did introduce myself to him as another fur persay,however l did add him on FA and l think he would get that l'm a fur now

Tagwyn

Proud Future Soldier
So, I went on a bit of a road trip round Ohio and a bit of PA this past Friday and Saturday. I was up in Erie PA, sitting at a red light, when I look at the license plate of the car on the other side of the light. It read FATFRRY. Bricks were shat. By the time I had reached behind the passenger seat and grabbed my camera, the light had changed and away he went. Anyone here happen to drive a SUV with that license plate???

Nocturne

Nocelots? ὸὦό
I saw a dude on the local news once that had some kind of FA tshirt that I suspect he made himself.

Monarq

Tom Servo
Strangely enough, I was in Pittsburgh last year during AnthroCon and I did not see a single furry the entire 6 hours I was there... (I wasn't at the convention, but nonetheless I was downtown...)

Merp

Pudding!

well a lot of my classmates know I'm a fur....but they are super accepting...but I'd be afraid that people wouldn't re-act very nicely if I started to talk furry...one of my boyfriend's friends found out and couldn't stop joking about how my boy should watch out cause I might want to shit all over him in bed and that I might be having sex with my cats....there is just too much that goes along with people's idea of what we are....which is usually severely incorrect

Last edited:

feilen

Staring Contest Champion
Hehe, one of my best friends is someone who went to a sword class with my brother and nearly 7 years later turned out to be a very active furry

LittleBlue

Around the end of '06 I was in the city with some friends and saw a guy in a fox tail with some fox plushies on his backpack, I wanted to say something but we went by so fast I didn't have time.
Also I saw two girls at a music festival wearing kitty ears but they may have just thought they were cute or something and wern't actual furries cause I yelled "Yiff!" a few times and they didn't respond.

Jack

I saw a small group in Houston TX I don't know if they were all furries, one of them was in full costume (random street fur suiting I suppose) a couple of others were wearing ears and tails holding video cameras. I was in the truck and just watched them walk by (like 5 feet away!) I wanted to roll down the window and and say what's up but I would not know what to say afterwards, so I just watched as they went into a general store.

Kajet

I worked with a furry for a couple of years before knowing she was a fur, I suspected something when she used the word yiff in proper context but I wasn't sure till I contacted her online cause she planned a furmeet on a local area forum.

MagnusAdder

the only other furry i run into ever is my wife... and some times my self when i am to tired to open my eyes and walk into the mirror.

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
A random guy at my college who I frequently encountered around the corridors but never talked to turned out being a furry, and now we talk quite frequently. He didn't stand out of the crowd for me before I learned he is a fur, but when I saw him I recognized him as "one of the people I know I've seen walking down the corridors" because he has a somewhat characteristic appearance.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
There's a guy at my school who I've seen a few times around campus. He wears little cat ears on his head. I think he's more of an anime guy than anything, though.

Lukealyke

wuvz yoo!
I saw a girl at the mall wearing a dog ear hat. The ears looked pretty real too, so it was kind of obvious she had payed too much money for it to be a joke.

I didn't know what to say to her though. "Hai wanna yiff?" was my first thought and it made me laugh out loud. I couldn't work up the courage to go talk to her... she was cute too.