• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

RANT: Stop oversexualizing your fursonas; treat them like characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
"Sexual Deviancy"
Oh no something that falls outside of the norm like literally most any kink or fetish like idk... Macro and micro content for instance.

You certainly do seem to have a fixation on macro and micro content based on your RP ads and such.

You make not hiding things about yourself and being openly apparent with things sound like it is somehow bad because people have "no shame". Like I am sorry you are so repressed that you find that to be something so outlandish and alarming really.

Also to clarify I said many SONIC characters are minors and you seem to base yourself here heavily by your OCs there. Also DID you just say you have 3 kids on your roster? OMG "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...." *Rolls eyes*
Seriously you are making non starter arguments and really just sound very repressed and prudish and tbh I hope one say you can find yourself more free to express and be you and such.

Pfft! What an utter hypocrite you are, but it's fine. You're petty and trying to "get to me". Sadly for you, most of my macro work is far cleaner than anything you'd find on Deviantart or Fur Affinity, you're a little late on that train.

Yeah, my characters have superpowers and one of them have this as their genetic power. There's nothing sexual about Grief trying to murder G.U.N soldiers by crushing them, unless you're just that sort of person. If you'd knew half of my lore you'd know it is very much Marvel/DC related with war themes.

I'm not repressed, I just have standards. A lot of people do.

Once more, most of my major characters want to murder Sonic and Eggman, if you knew my lore you'd know they're not on his side and the Order outright preform hedgehog and echinda genocide. Also yeah, because I have eras in my story. You know, we were all kids once and there were kids in WW1-WW2 stories, like ever heard of Hacksaw Ridge? Also, I tell the story of the Grey Revolution and the Bombing of Siag from Grief's perspective as a kid, which lead to his hatred of the prime world in his adulthood and the rise to his own dictatorship.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
is this why anime like Redo of Healer and Kiss x Sis exist and air on national television in Japan

Japan has it's fair share of really messed up things, but we could be here all day about "questionable" anime. So yeah, just because it's popular in Japan doesn't make it appropriate. Japanese culture is um, rather messed up. My Italian friend even agrees with me on this, but he's not in this discussion.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
So you fail to see your own hypocrisy with your "standards" or that different people may have different "standards" too.

Why are you still here why keep this company and instead just keep to your "respectable" certainly no "sexual deviancy" having fandoms like Warhammer, Sonic and Anime.

Like if I felt like I was surrounded by Zoophiles I would leave that surrounding because that is grotesque.

@Jaredthefox92

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
Japan has it's fair share of really messed up things, but we could be here all day about "questionable" anime. So yeah, just because it's popular in Japan doesn't make it appropriate. Japanese culture is um, rather messed up. My Italian friend even agrees with me on this, but he's not in this discussion.
No, I think you should elaborate how japanese culture is messed up. And explain thoroughly what an ideal culture is. It appears many of us misunderstand your goals, so can you properly define what's deviant, what isn't, and how sex should be treated. Then also explain why Japan does it wrong.

D

Deleted member 134556

It's ironic that you have such views on Japan considering they created what inspired your characters.
1616525693221.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Anyways its okay to be grossed out by things and not like them, just don't judge people over things you don't understand. Stay in your lane so to speak
And I was moreso just trying to say that if the furry fandom is considered overtly sexual, the anime fandom is too and I think one is in denial if they say otherwise.

Though, this forum is supposed to be 13+ and mostly sfw, so there's that.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
"You're into weird shit!"
"No u!"

Lucyfur

Banned

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Think it is more so:
"You're into weird shit!"
"Yeah, and so are you."
Exactly. The pot talking back to the kettle as it were.

God forbid any employers ever stumble across our FA accounts '>_>
Inb4 all my colleagues turn into Furries.

Jeeesus fuckin' Christ. I'd quit the job if they started going around saying "UwU" all day.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
It's ironic that you have such views on Japan considering they created what inspired your characters.
View attachment 105451

Context: I don't hate the Japanese, hell my mother worked for them here. I said Japan has it's fair share of scumbags, but I don't hate Japanese culture, anime, or the Japanese people as a whole. But, to give me an example of manga and anime, I will say I am VERY picky about manga and anime.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Anyways its okay to be grossed out by things and not like them, just don't judge people over things you don't understand. Stay in your lane so to speak
And I was moreso just trying to say that if the furry fandom is considered overtly sexual, the anime fandom is too and I think one is in denial if they say otherwise.

Though, this forum is supposed to be 13+ and mostly sfw, so there's that.

Oh, I understand a lot. I've been on the internet for years and I was on FA for years, even if I didn't use my account before 2018 when I stopped using bases. But, as for "staying in my lane." I do so, but there is this thread and I have a right to input like anyone else. See, I am not here for an echo chamber. If you want my actual opinion on the topic at hand, I'll tell you honestly.

Oh, I know they are. I hate weebs too. In fact, I hate them more than furries. Furries generally have some sort of "issue", but weebs generally are just pretentious gatekeeping assholes who look down on every form of western media. Don't worry, the weebs are not spared from my opinions.

I sure hope so, but from how people acted in this thread and the main site being filled with all sorts of um, well you know. I am very skeptical. I don't think furries are generally like this, but there is sort of a sense of pride while shielding the more unsavory individuals. Sure you can draw what you like, associate with who you want on here, and have your stance. But, I am also allowed to have my stance. I am not saying, no promiscuity, but I am saying you should keep it humanlike and consenting.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
There's nothing sexual about Grief trying to murder G.U.N soldiers by crushing them, unless you're just that sort of person. If you'd knew half of my lore you'd know it is very much Marvel/DC related with war themes.

I'm not repressed, I just have standards. A lot of people do.

Once more, most of my major characters want to murder Sonic and Eggman, if you knew my lore you'd know they're not on his side and the Order outright preform hedgehog and echinda genocide. Also yeah, because I have eras in my story. You know, we were all kids once and there were kids in WW1-WW2 stories, like ever heard of Hacksaw Ridge? Also, I tell the story of the Grey Revolution and the Bombing of Siag from Grief's perspective as a kid, which lead to his hatred of the prime world in his adulthood and the rise to his own dictatorship.
Do I read normalisation of griveous crimes in this statement? You clearly must have sympathies for the most gruesome people out there.

because as we've come to realise along the course of this thread "If it quacks like a duck..."

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
No, I think you should elaborate how japanese culture is messed up. And explain thoroughly what an ideal culture is. It appears many of us misunderstand your goals, so can you properly define what's deviant, what isn't, and how sex should be treated. Then also explain why Japan does it wrong.

Japan has a history of um, well they used to have formal marriages but that is not exactly what I'm getting at. Not bringing up WW2, Japan seems to have age consent laws that I am not fond of. As for their sex in their anime, I have nothing against it if it's some big busty woman or some Jojo male. That's not the issue, the problem is all the abundant amount of promiscuity in animes where they're not adults. The Japanese are not known for their female rights, especially when it comes to marriage and things of that capacity. Japan has a very bad track record, if you catch my drift. Now I understand why, they're a former feudal nation. My problem is when you have manga and anime that is way too out there.

I'm not speaking about Pokemon, Jojo, ect ect. I'm speaking about those creepy stories.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Do I read normalisation of griveous crimes in this statement? You clearly must have sympathies for the most gruesome people out there.

because as we've come to realise along the course of this thread "If it quacks like a duck..."

You do realize Grief literally goes into Morbia (my version of the multiverses Hell) and has to join forces with his mother's killer to help the grim reaper restore balance in hell, while fighting off all the souls of the people he's murdered, right? I never condone his actions, in fact he gets the worst punishment ever, he is forced into an eternity of damnation with Scourge who killed his mother. Both of them are shitheads and they both are tyrants and hate each other. Grief gets his damnation and his punishment.

Also, spellcheck is your friend.

quoting_mungo

Um once more, actually read my fucking stories. It's a war story where characters fight and die in wars I have designed. It doesn't matter the source material if canon characters rarely show up and I have a sandbox of OC's that I focus on. It's like saying you cannot make your own Pokemon story, because Pokemon is a series all itself.
No, it’s saying that if you think furries can’t create characters that are essentially a spin-off of real animals without being accused of wanting to bone real animals, it’s damn hypocritical to say you should be free to create characters that are spin-offs of children’s characters (most of whom are minors, as @Lucyfur points out) without being accused of wanting to bone (or possibly murder, since you like your war stories) children. Obviously it’s ludicrous to assume that you want to do that, and I don’t. All I’m saying is that that’s where your logic is pointing.

You do not have to like or consume NSFW material. Nobody is saying you’re a lesser person for choosing not to. You, on the other hand, are trying to lord some imagined moral superiority over other users here solely based on consumption of NSFW art and outright libel a large part of the fandom over a small detail of character design.

The whole “murder is morally superior to sex” vibe that permeates much of western society’s mores, especially as concerns media content, is fucking weird, anyway. We should all stop and think about that, from time to time. It’s pretty objectively fucked up that fictional consensual sex is considered less acceptable than fictional decidedly non-consensual homicide.

People have gone there, and that's the issue. You're acting like there's never been accounts of furries abusing animals, there's been multiple.
Of course there are. But I highly doubt any of them were perfectly “normal” with no paraphilias or attraction to anything but opposite-sex humans (and that only after marriage, with the lights off) until they one day saw a red rocket on a piece of furry art and decided it was time to pound some puppers. Nor are accounts of it happening nearly so common as to suggest that everyone that draws non-human junk on their non-human characters designed their characters that way because they want a taste of Rover some time down the road - the number would be staggering and wildly outstrip all research estimations of incidence of bestiality as a paraphilia.

(Also, your suggestion downthread that furries are generally “shielding the more unsavory individuals” is... not really anchored in fact. What typically happens when news break of someone harming humans or animals, especially in a sexual context: Some people will stand by their friends while acknowledging that what they did was wrong, a large number of people will fucking dogpile on the offender trying to run them out of the fandom, and relatively few will try to shield the supposed guilty parties (I know there’s been at least one accusation that turned out to be false only after extensive abuse directed at the accused individual). These people get death wishes. If you think people telling someone to kill themselves and other people seeing no problem with that is “shielding” them... That’s a major you problem.)

(I don't care about errotica. I'm sure there are, but I would call that degeneracy as well. I call that "Dollar store" bargain bin smut. If anyone I knew read that I would seriously consider disassociating myself with it. If some erotica writer rapped a woman, I'd grill them just as well. My genres are warfare, science fiction, and grimdark fantasy.)
Great. So you are happy to take back your implication that only furries who want to bang animals would have any interest in non-human genitalia, then? Acknowledge that maybe a fair number of women (biggest demographic of erotica readers) outside furry fandom do chat about this, at least with each other (considering Cain’s first novel has reviews numbering in the four digits according to NYT)?

You’re also very quick to dismiss a whole genre without reading it for someone who doesn’t want to accept criticism of the words posted on a forum from someone who didn’t first read their body of work. Again, you’re under no obligation to consume NSFW material, but you should probably consider the hypocrisy in your statement demanding I read your work rather than judge it by what you yourself say about it in threads.

Bottom line: Maybe stop trying to pretentiously lecture people about the supposed deviancy of a fandom you’re observing through a lens of puritanism.

Last edited:

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
You do realize Grief literally goes into Morbia (my version of the multiverses Hell) and has to join forces with his mother's killer to help the grim reaper restore balance in hell, while fighting off all the souls of the people he's murdered, right? I never condone his actions, in fact he gets the worst punishment ever, he is forced into an eternity of damnation with Scourge who killed his mother. Both of them are shitheads and they both are tyrants and hate each other. Grief gets his damnation and his punishment.

Also, spellcheck is your friend.
This still feels big time like you have a massive problem with violence and its reprecussions as a problem-solving method, given the fact that you glorify it so much - you must be a murderer in the making, methinks.

Me and spellchek neva got alon

Lucyfur

Banned
Oh, I understand a lot. I've been on the internet for years and I was on FA for years, even if I didn't use my account before 2018 when I stopped using bases. But, as for "staying in my lane." I do so, but there is this thread and I have a right to input like anyone else. See, I am not here for an echo chamber. If you want my actual opinion on the topic at hand, I'll tell you honestly.

Oh, I know they are. I hate weebs too. In fact, I hate them more than furries. Furries generally have some sort of "issue", but weebs generally are just pretentious gatekeeping assholes who look down on every form of western media. Don't worry, the weebs are not spared from my opinions.

I sure hope so, but from how people acted in this thread and the main site being filled with all sorts of um, well you know. I am very skeptical. I don't think furries are generally like this, but there is sort of a sense of pride while shielding the more unsavory individuals. Sure you can draw what you like, associate with who you want on here, and have your stance. But, I am also allowed to have my stance. I am not saying, no promiscuity, but I am saying you should keep it humanlike and consenting.
Again if you feel like you are surrounded by zoophiles (Which is like not the case mate people just have imaginations and such) why are you still here? why keep that company? like why not go hang out with the mostly child aged cast of Sonic fandom or something?

Like you're into squishing others as a gruesome manner of fighting as a macro and also fighting 15 year old children like Sonic the Hedgehog. It is an odd display of wanting power and control over others EVEN children. And yet you talk about deviancy and standards, lol yours seem to be a little like they are wonkey.

But I dunno you were talking about ducks earlier?
Wild~

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
This still feels big time like you have a massive problem with violence and its reprecussions as a problem-solving method, given the fact that you glorify it so much - you must be a murderer in the making, methinks.

Me and spellchek neva got alon

You clearly never have written a villain before, Darth Vader, Sinestro, any Chaos character in Warhammer, the Joker. They all have been very violent and that is how they are. In your perfect little world we never should have fought wars because those are violent. There's plenty of characters who fight Grief, even Cyrus who is his good version on Sonic's world. My story is violent because I like gritty war stories, don't like that? Never watch Warhammer, Fallout, or Star Wars.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
You clearly never have written a villain before, Darth Vader, Sinestro, any Chaos character in Warhammer, the Joker. They all have been very violent and that is how they are. In your perfect little world we never should have fought wars because those are violent. There's plenty of characters who fight Grief, even Cyrus who is his good version on Sonic's world. My story is violent because I like gritty war stories, don't like that? Never watch Warhammer, Fallout, or Star Wars.
... So how is it wrong if I assume you're a murderous maniac for liking stories with a violent theme but if you assume someone's a zoophile for liking weird dicks this is suddenly okay and legitimate?

Lucyfur

Banned
I believe it is more about your projections because of others artistic depictions of their own characters. Like a look in the mirror if you are going to make baseless accusations kind of thing because your reflection under your own metrics of judgement of others without any real substance as you said "havent been caught (implied yet)" would make you appear quite the deviant monster yourself.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Again if you feel like you are surrounded by zoophiles (Which is like not the case mate people just have imaginations and such) why are you still here? why keep that company? like why not go hang out with the mostly child aged cast of Sonic fandom or something?

Like you're into squishing others as a gruesome manner of fighting as a macro and also fighting 15 year old children like Sonic the Hedgehog. It is an odd display of wanting power and control over others EVEN children. And yet you talk about deviancy and standards, lol yours seem to be a little like they are wonkey.

But I dunno you were talking about ducks earlier?
Wild~

Once more, if you'd actually took the time to read what I've said. I don't think "everyone" here is like that, I don't think the majority of people here are like that. However, this thread was brought up and I've given my personal opinion. Also, my friends in my discord are all adults and our lore is meant to specifically cater to the older adult crowd who grew up with the old Archie Sonic lore.

You're full of utter shit. First off, my lore takes place 15 years into the future, Sonic and friends are all adults. Second, Grief has fought Sonic like once, Sonic is too busy fighting Grief's generals and psychic soldiers. My lore was made for the older adult crowd in the Sonic fandom, I've always said that.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
... So how is it wrong if I assume you're a murderous maniac for liking stories with a violent theme but if you assume someone's a zoophile for liking weird dicks this is suddenly okay and legitimate?

Seriously, never watch Saving Private Ryan or Downfall for me, you sound petty as hell. I mean yeah, if you look at a dog's dick and like that, then you have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.