• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

(Rant) Why are some people so sensitive in this fandom?

AustinB

Professional loser
It's like the second somebody says "I don't really like furries", they get flooded with hate and shit. There's a lot of people in this fandom that resort to the "You're an ignorant troll/hater" argument whenever somebody says "I just think furries are weird" or something along the lines. Not to mention the shit tier artists that expect to be praised because it took them 15 minutes to draw a sparkledog wolf that looks like a 7 year old drew it. But it just seems that a lot of people get easily offended when anybody criticizes the fandom or when someone says one or two negative things about the fandom. There's also the "Only 1% of the fandom does that!" type of furries, which are honestly annoying. It just seems like there's a lot of people in this fandom that can't handle opinions or criticism and almost immediately call you a hater or a troll if they think you're saying a bad thing about the fandom. Like, for me at least, the best way to avoid hate is to just ignore it. When somebody says "Furfags are gross", almost everbody gets triggered. Why? You're giving the troll what they want. So just ignore them. Plus, the comments on the furry cringe completions that are all like "OMG NOT ALL FURRIES R LIEK THAT U HATER DDDXXXX" are just straight up irritating. Just ignore it if you don't like the video. It's not that hard to just avoid the video. It's annoying when furries get all defensive and butthurt whenever they see a troll or somebody giving their honest opinion about the fandom. Sure, if somebody was actually serious in saying "All furries are dog fucking weirdos", they're obviously ignorant. But just leave them alone. Fighting them isn't worth your time. I know some furries can't take jokes either. Like, the second somebody makes a joke about the fandom, some furs get mad until they hear "It's just a joke, dude". I just think there's a bit of furries that need to learn to act mature and not take the bait when somebody says something bad about the fandom, because 9 times out of 10, they're just trolls waiting for an angry response so they can laugh.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
Not to mention the shit tier artists that expect to be praised because it took them 15 minutes to draw a sparkledog wolf that looks like a 7 year old drew it.
Fuck you man I worked hard on that! And I'll have you know it took 23 minutes!!! :mad:

Like you said, just ignore them. They either grow out of it or end up on ED.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
This fandom is not unique in having oversensitive snowflakes. But this fandom IN PARTICULAR have decently more of them.

Donald Trump is POTUS, and when I see meltdowns of SJW's, feminists and fascists everywhere it's so damn beautiful I can't put it into words. He's not perfect, but he is the POTUS the US desperately needs.

CNN, otherwise known as Clown News Network have been upgraded from Fake News to Very Fake News. Now that Milo Yiannopoulos will be on Bill Maher's show we'll see Milo become EVEN more popular than he already is. Will see his book sell even more.

It's time for feminism and political correctness to die.

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
I generally do that with most trolls. Unless I am particularly bored, then they make for some cheap entertainment because they're easy to trigger.

S

Sagt

Maybe it's not them being too sensitive, but other people being too insensitive. In the OP, it basically describes people being unable to take mean-spirited criticism. However, what if those jabs at people didn't happen in the first place? As in, what if instead of ranting at the people who react to trolls, why not rant about the ones who cause the contention in the first place?

Regardless, it's sort of expected that if you shit on someone, they could get angry. Some people can ignore and let it go, others cannot. Being thin-skinned definitely isn't something exclusive to furries though. It's also not related to politics, despite what Yakamaru is suggesting.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
However, what if those jabs at people didn't happen in the first place? As in, what if instead of ranting at the people who react to trolls, why not rant about the ones who cause the contention in the first place?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Ranting about them is just feeding them. People need to grow a pair and not get so upset over stupid shit.

S

Sagt

Ranting about them is just feeding them. People need to grow a pair and not get so upset over stupid shit.
I mean, the thread is a rant about the people who are too sensitive. I'm just suggesting that the OP look at the subject in another way. It's not just the people who are too sensitive that are the problem - the ones who incite the contention in the first place are also an issue.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
I mean, the thread is a rant about the people who are too sensitive. I'm just suggesting that the OP look at the subject in another way. It's not just the people who are too sensitive that are the problem - the ones who incite the contention in the first place are also an issue.

True, but I'm just saying ignoring the problem people is the best solution (or reporting in extreme cases). Trolls are just like any other creature: without nourishment, it won't survive. But for the persistent ones, just block and report. Making a scene about it just keeps them coming back.

Just look at Chris-Chan.

fuck those thin-skinned feminist fucking oversensitive fucks that have never heard of satire in their entire fucking dago looking shit fuck, fuck, fuck, dude, dude

giphy.gif

S

Sagt

True, but I'm just saying ignoring the problem people is the best solution (or reporting in extreme cases). Trolls are just like any other creature: without nourishment, it won't survive. But for the persistent ones, just block and report. Making a scene about it just keeps them coming back.

Just look at Chris-Chan.
Agreed.

By the way, who is "Chris-chan? :oops:

A

Alex K

They aint "sensitive" they just dont like bein disrupted from there affiliations.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
By the way, who is "Chris-chan?

Oh, boy. That is a long story my friend.

But essentially: he's a man-child that became a little famous online for doing a bunch of stupid shit. Had he ignored the trolls, it would have been little more than 15 minutes of fame on ED. Instead he flipped shit and, fast forward ten years, he's basically one of the most documented human beings on the planet.

If you want, you can read about him here: https://sonichu.com/cwcki (Yes, he has his own goddamn wiki).

I warn you though, it's a wild ride.

A

Alex K

Then what bout the folks from Pennsylvania? They aint got much other than a few woodshop factories n I know plenty a folks there that are just fine

A

Alex K

You're not making that much sense...

Im tryin to tell all yall that growin up in certain circumstances is completly diffrent from where you originate by usin similes

Thats why yall cant just generalize one group like the main postman did. 2 folks could grow up in the same neighborhood but end up with completly diffrent backgrounds and thus, new personalities that cant be spotted anywhere other than the inside

O

Okami_No_Heishi

It's like the second somebody says "I don't really like furries", they get flooded with hate and shit. There's a lot of people in this fandom that resort to the "You're an ignorant troll/hater" argument whenever somebody says "I just think furries are weird" or something along the lines. Not to mention the shit tier artists that expect to be praised because it took them 15 minutes to draw a sparkledog wolf that looks like a 7 year old drew it. But it just seems that a lot of people get easily offended when anybody criticizes the fandom or when someone says one or two negative things about the fandom. There's also the "Only 1% of the fandom does that!" type of furries, which are honestly annoying. It just seems like there's a lot of people in this fandom that can't handle opinions or criticism and almost immediately call you a hater or a troll if they think you're saying a bad thing about the fandom. Like, for me at least, the best way to avoid hate is to just ignore it. When somebody says "Furfags are gross", almost everbody gets triggered. Why? You're giving the troll what they want. So just ignore them. Plus, the comments on the furry cringe completions that are all like "OMG NOT ALL FURRIES R LIEK THAT U HATER DDDXXXX" are just straight up irritating. Just ignore it if you don't like the video. It's not that hard to just avoid the video. It's annoying when furries get all defensive and butthurt whenever they see a troll or somebody giving their honest opinion about the fandom. Sure, if somebody was actually serious in saying "All furries are dog fucking weirdos", they're obviously ignorant. But just leave them alone. Fighting them isn't worth your time. I know some furries can't take jokes either. Like, the second somebody makes a joke about the fandom, some furs get mad until they hear "It's just a joke, dude". I just think there's a bit of furries that need to learn to act mature and not take the bait when somebody says something bad about the fandom, because 9 times out of 10, they're just trolls waiting for an angry response so they can laugh.
That's why there is a "block" button. Used it on all the shitposters on here and my time here these past couple months has been really pleasant. There's only so much bullshit I can handle from an individual before it blows up.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
Sticks and stones may break my bones but there will always be words to offend an oversensitive moron.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Im tryin to tell all yall that growin up in certain circumstances is completly diffrent from where you originate by usin similes

Thats why yall cant just generalize one group like the main postman did. 2 folks could grow up in the same neighborhood but end up with completly diffrent backgrounds and thus, new personalities that cant be spotted anywhere other than the inside
Well, well. Seems Alex K checked in.
I would be nice if he made sense, too. Bless his heart.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
Well, well. Seems Alex K checked in.
I would be nice if he made sense, too. Bless his heart.
Nah. Making sense is overrated. Lets all speak complete drivel!

Honestly though. He doesn't make any sense in that post.