• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

re appearing topics

Arden

ok if this is a repeat then wow I love irony...

but I find it slightly annoying that I see repeating topics on here ...

and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same ... but then again if you don't then go ahead and feel free to bash all ya want :p ^.^

eternal_flare

voice of guilmon!
I don't care about that, if they're going to repeat, maybe we should try copy&paste. X3

DarkOverord

I'm going to guess that with a member count like this forum does, it must be quite hard to prevent repeat topics. Though I guess I've not looked around enough to be one hundred percent certain what you mean. However, on any board a repeat topic can bug me, after all, why read the same thing twice? Unless you really like it that is

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
repost of a repost of a repost.

As long as there are new people you will get repeat topics. Just don't post in them if you don't want to.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Well unlike FA, the search option actually works here. :p It can't be that hard to dig up an old thread with the topic you're looking for.

Aurali

Banned
Banned
Being a member of the other big furry forum for quite some time, I can tell you that whining about repeat threads is gonna do nothing. You can just link the new user to the older version of the thread..

Because we all know that half of you will whine about a thread that gets revived from the dead to!!! As it is a lose lose situation^^

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Simply because resurrecting old threads is not a common practice. You get the newbies making new threads, the oldbies pointing to old threads, and the in-betweeners that complain about necro'ing old posts.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Well Necro'd threads do usually get
A. No posts just whining you revived the old old thread
B. Locked.

Rhainor

Rawr.
People are lazy. They usually don't bother looking to see if their comment/question can fit into an existing thread.

That said, seeing topics that haven't been posted to in months suddenly re-appear at the top of the list is a bit more annoying IMHO than rehashing old topics in new threads. Necromancy bad.

DarkOverord

That said, seeing topics that haven't been posted to in months suddenly re-appear at the top of the list is a bit more annoying IMHO than rehashing old topics in new threads. Necromancy bad.

Eh. As a rule of thumb I give 'em a month till posting a topic on the same matter. Partly because it was drummed in by other forums but hey!

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Necro threads are Lulz, as they usually devolve into a playful array of image macros and trolling. But repeat threads, like the weekly Yiff thread, are not. Perhaps a word filter, turning yiff into oh, Goblincock, so that the thread reads, Goblincock, do you do it?

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I'd like to take this moment to say: OMG CSI FUR AND LOATHING BAWWW THATS NOT HOW FURRIES ARE THIS IS SO STUPID

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
People are lazy. They usually don't bother looking to see if their comment/question can fit into an existing thread.

It is not wise to toy with what should be laid to rest.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Like threads regarding the drama mongering or an artist's social status.

Arden

wow ...ok I wasn't expecting this much of turnout ^.^ heh heh... yeah I didn't make this as a whiner thread ... just more of a matter of oppinion :p

wait that is whining isn't it?

WOLFIE DA FOX

I AM DA PHOX HERO!
someone won't scroll back that long ago >> or
SOMEONE MIGHT NECRO THEM