• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Re-Organizing your Gallery?

Quiet269

I'm not talking about folders here (though that would be nice :p) but more along the lines of being able to shift your work around.

Like if I get a single image done in between pages of a comic, being able to move it to the end of the comic or to the front when the comic is done would be nice... at least then I can keep the comic pages all in order.

It would also be helpful for artists who want to shuffle all of their best work to the front, or organize them by pseudo categories by grouping similar interests together...

Would this be possible (and hopefully easy) to impliment?

T

TakeWalker

Well, there is an easy way to keep comics connected. There's code to make links for previous, first and next. It's basically [#, #, #], where the #'s are replaced by the number in the submission's URL (or a - if you don't want there to be a number just yet), and will show up as <<< PREV | FIRST | NEXT >>> or something similar. It's not quite what you're asking for, but it does help.

Quiet269

Yeah... that works once you get into a submission.... but I mean the whole gallery... being able to move things around at will so that you can keep them in the order you wish

Stratelier

Like how deviantART does it?

In order to do that FA needs an extra field in the pictures column to record a custom sort order, as well as a form of some kind to allow reorganizing them. Or maybe even AJAX integration to support some click-and-drag reorganizing (again, like dA does it).

Possible, yes, but easy, no.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
I think that once gallery folders are implemented this would become a non-issue.

Quiet269

I think that once gallery folders are implemented this would become a non-issue.
I would have to disagree.

You will have to move the images around within the folders...

Besides, how far out is that? ^-^

Stratelier

If/when gallery folders are implemented, custom sort orders would not be a problem because the information about which pictures go in which folder would be its own table with its own fields (e.g., folder_id, picture_id, sort_order).

As for 'series', I'm thinking some kind of metastructure used to chronologically link submissions together that when you e.g. have a comic, it can identify & link adjacent pages together automatically.