• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

REALLY annoying NPCs.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Tricky in Starfox Adventure
well not basically a NPC, but still annoying

Oh god yes! that fucker is so annoying. XD (been playing that game all day today lol)

The bubble gum monkey in earthbound. The fucker almost got me killed cause the computer critted me and the fucker kept fucking around and not attacking...AT ALL! :mad:

-Lucario-

Kendra Daniels in dead space:

"OMGAWD WERE ALL GONNA DIE!"

"HAMMOND YOUR CRAZY 4 THINKIN THAT WE'RE GONNA LIVE!"

"I THINK HAMMOND IS WURKING AGAINST US CUZ HE IZ MEAN TO ME!"

"HAHAHA I WUZ WORKING AGAINST U THA WHOLE TIME!"

"HAHAHA IMMA HIJACK YOUR SHIP! HAHAH!" *gets squished by giant alien*

Lucario: ...... =D!

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
ALGUS/ARGATH.

Gar-Yulong

Here's Your Free Burn Ointment
Any NPC in Final Fantasy 1.

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING ONE DOORWAY/PATHWAY I NEED TO GO DOWN.

The worst part is they put them in some of the dungeons, too. :<

A

Azbulldog

I was playing CoD World at War and during campaign the commander or whoever bugged and kept repeating "Up the ladder!" it didn't stop until the next part of the mission opened up. People have already mentioned Navi, Resetti, but for me the Pokemon trainers that sit around every corner in the game when you try and get somewhere.

Kajet

Most RPG NPCs from really early NES days.
I actually renamed the adoring fan "annoying fan"
Stupid oblivion gaurds you're supposed to protect at certain points.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Tom Nook and Resetti. Good grief, Resetti.

Most of the female characters in Baldur's Gate 2 with the exception of the kickass drow (the rest either spent all their time whining, picking fights between the male party members or up and leaving right when I need a healer most).

HEYA IT'S ME, IMOEN. HEYA IT'S ME, IMOEN. HEYA --
Yeah, Baldur's Gate II was sort of an inverse of Baldur's Gate I.

In the first game, 2/3 the women either kick ass and take names up on the front, or are undeniably evil. Imoen and Jaheira (sp) are the only ones I can think of that are exceptions.

In Baldur's Gate II, I'm pretty sure Viciona is the only female (besides Jahiera) you can get for your party that is not some form of "Good" or limited to back-of-party assignment.

Algus wasn't annoying, he was just a prick.

Lulian

Alyx from Half-Life 2. I hate the fact that you got her following you around for all of Episode One and Episode Two. I NEED SOME GORDON TIME! Oh yes, as mentioned before, the Adoring Fan is very annoying as well.

L

LizardKing

Whaaaaaat?! He was one of the few things I actually LIKED in Fallout 3. I even went so far as to enable "immortality" for him (only KO'd when health hits 0, not killed).

Ever tried sneaking with him?

*sneaks up somewhere, waits for-*

GROWL!

*wtf shut up.. let me just ai-*

GRRR! WOOF! GRRRR!

GRR! GRRRR! GRRR!GRRR!GRRR!WOOF!GRRR!GR!GRRRRRRRR

>:[

T

Tycho

Ever tried sneaking with him?

*sneaks up somewhere, waits for-*

GROWL!

*wtf shut up.. let me just ai-*

GRRR! WOOF! GRRRR!

GRR! GRRRR! GRRR!GRRR!GRRR!WOOF!GRRR!GR!GRRRRRRRR

>:[

Ah, that could be a problem for Sneak characters. I didn't really bother with Sneak much anyway, except to improve accuracy. Dogmeat had a terrible tendency to set off mines and such, however.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
The two most recent NPCs that really make me want to punch them are the beggars in Assassin's Creed and Leia in Dead Rising.
All the survivor AI in Dead Rising is awful, that's a given, but Leia completely jeopardised my Saint run too many times in a row to not get mad at... She doesn't know how to climb over jeweller shop's counter unless I put every other survivor following me in great danger. I don't even know how she got there in the first place being that incapable...

Teco

Informal Formalist
And Moira, also in Megaton, from Fallout 3. She's so annoying that she survives a nuclear blast. Fucking hell.

After discovering her after the blast, I then without emotion put a slug into that annoying face to shut it for good. God. Damn.

T

Tycho

After discovering her after the blast, I then without emotion put a slug into that annoying face to shut it for good. God. Damn.

The bitch is so batty that she doesn't even seem to realize she's a ghoul until you mention it to her.

Also: The kids in the Den, from Fallout 2. Thieving little bastards. Other people can go ballistic on you if you get caught stealing from them, but if you smack a kid around for pickpocketing you GOD HELP YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attaman

Dogmeat in Fallout 3. SHUT UP!

Thanks for reminding me of the Pariah Dog in Fallout 2.

You know, the one with 900-some health, a very high sequence and move rate, drops your Luck by 1 and gives you the jinxed characteristic.

And can only be removed via killing.

T

Tycho

Thanks for reminding me of the Pariah Dog in Fallout 2.

You know, the one with 900-some health, a very high sequence and move rate, drops your Luck by 1 and gives you the jinxed characteristic.

And can only be removed via killing.

And doesn't even fight.

If you're really quick and have decent PE and Outdoorsman you can start far enough away from him in that special encounter that you can dash to the exit grid before he latches on to you. Also, if you're given the option to enter a special encounter described as "a lone surviving dog", turn it down.

Another annoying NPC: OG Loc from GTA San Andreas. Why you have to run errands for the stupid little shit is beyond me. It's actually part of the main storyline, and is unavoidable - you have to help the little shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attaman

And doesn't even fight.
Even worse, it runs. A lot.

If you're really quick and have decent PE and Outdoorsman you can start far enough away from him in that special encounter that you can dash to the exit grid before he latches on to you. Also, if you're given the option to enter a special encounter described as "a lone surviving dog", turn it down.
Be careful, it doesn't need to be yourself either. Any NPC you have in the party that gets too close can trip the Dog joining too.

A NPC I'm not sure was mentioned in this thread: Myron.

Last edited:
T

Tycho

A NPC I'm not sure was mentioned in this thread: Myron.

Yeah, he's pretty damn irritating. His ability to make Stims and Super Stims makes him useful enough to occasionally pick up. Recruit him briefly, make stims, drop him off again. Useless other than that. And disgusting too.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Yeah, he's pretty damn irritating. His ability to make Stims and Super Stims makes him useful enough to occasionally pick up. Recruit him briefly, make stims, drop him off again. Useless other than that. And disgusting too.

Is he that Ghoul doctor in Gecko? I left him there because I saw him as a liability in Vault City.

Attaman

No, Myron's the Jet creator who is in the labs north (?) of New Reno. You're unlikely to meet him though unless you take some of the "jobs" in New Reno from the gangs.

LordWibble

Is he that Ghoul doctor in Gecko? I left him there because I saw him as a liability in Vault City.

All you have to do is tell him to wait outside the gate. It's really not a big deal.

HERO, YOUR HEALTH IS LOW. DO YOU HAVE ANY FOOD OR POTIONS?

When you were tasked with assassinating someone for dressing up as a guildmaster and saying that constantly was my favourite joke in Fable II.

Last edited:

Attaman

You're thinking of Lenny.

And Lenny is as horrid in combat as Myron, I think.

Lenny has more health to my knowledge, and I hear he's killer with a HK.

T

Tycho

Lenny has more health to my knowledge, and I hear he's killer with a HK.

Personally, my favorite party is Sulik, Vic and Cassidy. Sulik with a .223 pistol and/or Super Sledge, Vic and Cassidy with Hunting Rifles or Sniper Rifles earlier on, and Gauss Rifles later. I tend to shy away from giving them burst-fire weapons, because they are adept at shredding teammates with burst fire.