• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Really shitty dreams you think are real

Fopfox

I used to have issues with sleepwalking and sleep paralysis. The former of which, I would actually dream about the sleepwalking session while doing it, and of course, the latter is basically a waking dream/nightmare, usually the latter.

Lately though, I have had normal dreams, but I have an unfortunate habit of doing three things: dreaming about incredibly bizarre subject matter, concurrently dreaming about banal everyday things, and finally, believing all of these actually happened.

I have had more than a few nights where I woke up convinced that the dream I had where I accidentally sent a client a hyperlink to Bad Dragon actually happened, followed by half an hour where I panic about how I can fix this. This ends up being more terrifying than the sleep paralysis dreams I used to have years ago where someone would be pounding on my bedroom window.

Anyone else have horrible dreams like this happen?

Zipline

Noodle Fish
TLDR: Sleep bad. Dreams scary.
the dreams I think are real after I wake up are usually mundane like checking my phone in the dream and being out of minutes or being late for work. My dreams have different levels of wtf. level one is boring mundane things: just walking around, talking to people or furs.
stage 2 is a conflict like being late for class or someone is mad about something and is coming after me over it. Which leads to level 3: If i do not hide or run I will die. they usually kidnap someone I care about, I am being attacked, they are cutting themselves open (usually my dead parents but sometimes strangers) and laughing loudly at me. Sometimes I am the bad guy like when clones of my old cat are walking up to me in a dream and I am cornered. I usually attack them first and I remember biting one of their ears off before punting it. Stage 4 last? This is when i fight back against the nightmares. This is a bad idea. Weapons, fists do not work on them. for some reason i always pull my punches and conventional weapons do not work. So as i am trying to use a chainsaw on their face they are point a sniper rifle at me wearing a blind fold and telling me to hold still while they take their shot. Some of my dreams that last beyond the dreams are the psychological torment like when I dreamed I had Alzheimers, my father leaving again, falling, the shadows outside my window that i need to shut before they see me and come inside. For some reason my be at my old house keeps coming up. It is always next to that filthy iguana and tends to have vines and dirt on it as though it spent time outside and I always lay in it anyway and sleep inside of a dream. That makes the dreams worse. I attempt to stay awake as long as possible and run when confronted by them. In the dream I am almost always inside or being chased outside but while I attempt to hide inside the outside is technically safer as they do not find me as often and I can get away easier without being cornered. I once had sleep paralysis inside of a dream. I knew i was dreaming at the end of a dream. There was an evil wizard in my backyard spinning a giant wheel from the game Life and I could not wake up. When I finally did, I could not move for a few moments that felt like quite a while and could not scream either. Sometimes I go to sleep thinking i will not wake up from fear. Every night I lock my door to keep someone from stabbing me in my sleep (it nearly happened as a kid after a fight) My favorite dreams are plain and simple ones. No dead bodies, no blood, no creatures. Just me or Zipline (he is brown in my dreams) walking around or sitting in class having to hurry and do late homework or meeting a cute cat by the barn. Sleep is my enemy so the less I remember the less chance I will wake up panicking.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
As a kid i always had the same nightmare, usually during the summer just before school started up again. Every time i had an extended stay at home for summer or winter break or an illness. Every gime i had to go back to school i'd have a dream about going and forgetting my backpack at home. i'd then wake up back at home, get ready for school and get there without pants on. Then i'd wake up again, go to school and realized i forgot my bag again. i'd then wake up again! i just kept reliving the same groundhog day scenario over and over again wherein SOMEthing would go wrong and the day would start over again.

When i ACTUALLY awoke, i never knew for sure if i was actually awake or in another dream!

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
Maybe during that first hour or two after I wake up. Once I'm able to get all my systems booted so I can analyze it, I'm not concerned. Er, concerned it actually happened, anyway. Some of my reactions to some things in dreams have been a bit troubling. Who the heck enjoys chewing on their pillow??

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:oops:

I have the abnormal ability to watch my dreams in what feels like real time unfold like a movie. If I commentate on them while they happen, the "cast" of my dreams focus on me and create a doppleganger of me and include me in their scenario. Now I also have the ability to change all of that but at a serious price. When I do purposely alter my dreams freely, then I am forced into inception (sleeping in your dream) and the only way out is through waking up naturally which includes waiting or manipulate the dream realm (which I can do easily) to wake up sooner.

If I wake up sooner then what my forced inception would allow, I would be in Sleep Paralysis (where a robotic like voice with a red scanner for eyes seems to be). This robotic being when he speaks he summons nightmarish creatures like moving statues, dogs and cats with 5 tails green eyes and sharp fangs, spiders, and even myself only with no face. Only way to not hear the robot speak is to fall back asleep through sleep paralysis. It is not so easy though because noises are all around you in a pitch black room.

Best solution for me to do is always, always just watch my dreams and never commentate on them, only after I wake up naturally.

:oops:

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Let’s suppose that you were able, every night, to dream any dream you wanted to dream. And that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of time, or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally, as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfil all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could perceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each you would say “Well, that was pretty great. But now let’s have a surprise. Let’s have a dream which isn’t under control. Where something is going to happen to me that I don’t know what it’s going to be.” And you would dream that and come out and say “Wow, that was a close shave, wasn’t it?” And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further gambles as to what you would dream, and finally, you would dream where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today.

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Mate sleep paralysis is legit the most calming sensation I've ever felt. Maybe it's because I've always known when it happens so everything happening whether it be ball-busting horrifying or amazing is all fake. I just love the feeling of it

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
There was a period of time last year where I constantly had dreams about being in fairly major car accidents. This was just after I'd gotten my new vehicle, so it kind of freaked me out.