• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Reboot/remake wishlist: What do you want resurrected?

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
'Ducktales' is coming back (sans Alan Young...) in 2017.
'Power Puff Girls' took a hot, heaping shit on what once was an awesome premise.
And 'Samurai Jack' is finally coming back and THERE'S NO WAY it could possibly be less than awesome.

Reboots, remakes, etc. Most critics are sick of them. Fans are clamoring for more of them. Some suck. Some rock. Some are just sorta..."meh". Whether we want them or not, there's more coming down the pipeline. The top rated shows of yesterdecade are coming back but what do YOU want to see? Are there any yet undiscussed shows you want to resurrect? Any stories you'd like retold? Series brought back to life?

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Samurai Jack is one that REALLY needs it, simply because the show wasn't on for very long, and it was fantastic, and was distinctly different than anything than anything they aired at the time. There was a very serious undertone beneath the unique art style and goofy plot. Wasn't it supposed to come back a month ago?

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
I'm waiting for that god damn Young Justice reboot on Netflix. I need an animated DC show that isn't "my new favorite CN show."

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I don't want anything resurrected. When was the last time a remake was anything more than just an easy way to grab some of that sweet nostalgia money?

When was any animated TV show not a way to grab money? There is really no point in saying this. I guess it's just an easy way to grab money from people who like the premise of this show! Pretty much sums that up.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
I'd love a remake of one of my favorite movies back in the day:
Balto_movie_poster.jpg

I don't really think it could be messed up but then again look at powerpuff girls so maybe its possible.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
When was any animated TV show not a way to grab money? There is really no point in saying this. I guess it's just an easy way to grab money from people who like the premise of this show! Pretty much sums that up.

That wasn't my point, and I'm not talking specifically about animated shows. I'm saying remakes are just a lazy way to pump a movie/show out without actually having to come up with anything new, and they almost never live up to the original anyways.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
That wasn't my point, and I'm not talking specifically about animated shows. I'm saying remakes are just a lazy way to pump a movie/show out without actually having to come up with anything new, and they almost never live up to the original anyways.
I was using shows as an example because I was just talking about one, but whatever. The Doom game recently was a big hit, even with people who haven't played the originals, but many veterans of it saying that it wasn't as good as the original. Well of course it isn't, because it ISN'T the original, it underwent changes. Other shows "reboot" to continue/finish their storyline, which is often forgivable.

JumboWumbo

Banned in two states.
I was using shows as an example because I was just talking about one, but whatever. The Doom game recently was a big hit, even with people who haven't played the originals, but many veterans of it saying that it wasn't as good as the original. Well of course it isn't, because it ISN'T the original, it underwent changes. Other shows "reboot" to continue/finish their storyline, which is often forgivable.

Video games are an entirely different medium than television and film.

I do get what you're saying about reboots though. It's not so bad if it's trying to finish the storyline like you said. It's mostly the unnecessary continuations or the movies that just copy the plot of the original that bother me.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Why'd ya want a remake of Balto when you can just rewatch the original?
In that case why would you want anything remade? Let's just watch the originals all day. I want a new Balto with a refreshing, more up-to-date visuals. I don't see how that's hard to understand after seeing beautifully animated moves like Zootopia. The reason I'd want a remake of Balto is such an enigma, right?

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Resurrected shit tends to fade away into oblivion, just like any other necromancer crap that's been used a cheap resurrection spell on.

There are some good necro'ed stuff, but they tend to be few and far inbetween.

Rheumatism

Well-known Weller
In that case why would you want anything remade? Let's just watch the originals all day. I want a new Balto with a refreshing, more up-to-date visuals. I don't see how that's hard to understand after seeing beautifully animated moves like Zootopia. The reason I'd want a remake of Balto is such an enigma, right?
It is because it'd be the exact same movie with a fresh coat of million dollar paint. It's just a face job. Whoopie doo.

How about instead of the exact same story, why not something different? Why not watch that garbage Alpha and Omega and it's 6 sequels.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm

All#the#fuR

Everything changed when the Fire Nation killed God
You want them to be rebooted/remade? This is such a thread, not a "Want a second season" thread.
I want a reboot because both storylines have finished and they need to make something new.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
OMG.

A SWAT Kats reboot would be awesome, and this time FINISH the god damn series!

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm