• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Recent Tech Purchases?

Rassah

I'm in the process of trying to order a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone from Amazon with a 20% discount in another thread. Hopefully it will be at least somewhat interesting to follow that progress.

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered an external LG USB DVD-RAM/RW drive from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=2539eea6f593fa11fd31cf578f7d4fdeen02) and it only took about two days from ordering it for the drive to arrive. It's functionally the same product as another LG DVD-RW external drive I had with my old rig, a generation or two of models along, which wore out a half-dozen years ago; I really missed having that wee drive with stuff stacked on top of it on my right (my rig's on my left hand side with the mouse) and it was a reasonable price (about $40 Cdn) with no shipping, since it was shipped inside Canada. I haven't made any burns with it yet, but I've been using it regularly as a read drive since it arrived, and it's working like a dream.

Man, I missed my wee DVD-RW buddy on my right hand side. So I'm happy to have one again! ^_^

-2Paw.

kayfox

I just put in a pre-order for this bugger:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...hantom_3_quadcopter_1080p_camera_battery.html

Mainly because of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwE_q_qb7c

I was already intending to get a Phantom, but seeing the video on Tested convinced me that I should not get the Phantom 2 Vision+ and wait because this one is better (Im mainly after the Lightbridge wireless digital video and the Inspire flight software).

And yeah, I can build something better. But I have a thing about having a known good quantity around to test against or sub in when the experimental thing does not work as expected.

Last edited:

RainbowFoxy

I recently just bought a Sony Handycam for better videos and for furry conventions and furry meets and such. It is a HDR-CX240. Decent camcorder for videos and such. $132.99. I could bought a better camcorder, but that's all the money I had at the time. I only bought it like a week ago.

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
A Surface Pro 2. Core i5 4300, 8GB/256GB

Why last year's version?
--Has a Wacom digitizer,
--Was close to half the price of a similarly-equipped S3 Pro.

What for?
--Dipping a toe into the waters of digital drawing.
--Way cheaper than any Cintiq,
--and portable.
--Will eventually experiment with streaming with it while working on art, current main laptop (AMD Turion X2 w/4GB) may be a tad underpowered to run streaming software without issues.

---PCJ

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The small Wacom Intuos Pen tablet to replace the one that I lost.

Was thinking of buying a new video camera in the near future because I'll probably need one soon enough for school and also because I want a good one to use for vlogging while I'm in Europe.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I bought a cintiq 24hd a couple of months ago and only now am I finding that it does not play nice with windows computers, so be warned.