• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Recommend a PC game!

Bobskunk

Banned
Banned
Sumotori Dreams. Observe:

[yt]XYVsuiLBUPs[/yt]

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Seriously; STALKER.

Just take a look at this from TVTropes. Every player of the series would agree:

There are few video games on this page which come close to the level of creeping, grinding dread this game and its sequels inspires. The atmosphere of crushing horror is made far worse by the fact it holds quite old fashioned views about what the average player should be capable of. In other words, it wants you dead. Very dead. Remember those other FPS s where you had limitless supplies of ammo which took up no room in your magic bottomless bag? No. Remember those games where there'd be some guy who would helpfully fill you in on the boss's weak point before you fought him? No. Remember those games where the people not shooting you spoke the same language as you? Nyet. Remember those games where you didn't have to eat, where being injured was just a reason to be slightly more cautious, and you could heal by simply walking away and waiting for a bit? No, no, no, no, no. There is no salvation, no Hope Spots in the crumbling, radioactive ruins of the Zone; you will die and you will not understand what happened, except that your end was quick but not quick enough. Around the next corner from your near fatal encounter with an invisible mutant you will find not a safe house but a band of disinterested Ukrainians waiting to kill and loot your slowly bleeding-out meat. It is a game that will hook and hold you even though half the time you wish you WERE dead, such is the level of fear and suffering you are being put through, because just surviving in the Zone feels like a tangible achievement. That is STALKER.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Last edited:

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
And who wouldn't want to go back to 90's gaming?

The biggest problem I tend to have with games that old is the interface. Otherwise they tend to have all the needed stuff for an enjoyable experience.
Graphics quality doesn't bother me unless it gets in the way of figuring out where stuff is.

C

cad

Quake Live came out in 2010. And who wouldn't want to go back to 90's gaming? Back then, there wasn't thousands of generic manly-modern-military-marine rehash.

lol alliteration
At least FPS's would benefit greatly in going back to the style of gameplay back then. (Most) FPS's today suck suck suck.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Doom with Brutal Doom mod.

Diablo II, although I heard Torchlight is good as well.

At least FPS's would benefit greatly in going back to the style of gameplay back then. (Most) FPS's today suck suck suck.

I think we just have to enjoy the old games that we loved, FPS or otherwise, and accept that gaming's only to regress even further.

That's my look at gaming... and, most likely, forever will be.

C

cad

I think we just have to enjoy the old games that we loved, FPS or otherwise, and accept that gaming's only to regress even further.

That's my look at gaming... and, most likely, forever will be.
Can't "this" this enough. Today's FPS's is more or less dead for me. I recently watched my brother play the MW2 demo. It was boring beyond belief and couldn't understand that this is what the FPS genre has "evolved" into.

Meh, I'll just stick to Doom and it's thousands of mods. Ten times better.

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
I would recommend The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion if you're into that sort of thing, because if you get into it you'll never go outside again.

Bobskunk

Banned
Banned
Can't "this" this enough. Today's FPS's is more or less dead for me. I recently watched my brother play the MW2 demo. It was boring beyond belief and couldn't understand that this is what the FPS genre has "evolved" into.

Meh, I'll just stick to Doom and it's thousands of mods. Ten times better.

shootan gaemers of today: "whats a health kit u fag"

EDIT: By the way, this is one reason why STALKER is so good. It still feels and plays like a game made before 2006. It feels like EVERYTHING IS GOING TO KILL YOU. It feels like you are going to bleed out, alone, since you didn't think to bring enough bandages and walked right into a goddamn mutant in the middle of a pit of fire.

EDIT EDIT: oh hey it looks like commiecomrade had this covered, even though he copied and pasted from TVTropes. Still though, they're new games that feel like old games, in the good way.

Last edited:

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
EDIT EDIT: oh hey it looks like commiecomrade had this covered, even though he copied and pasted from TVTropes. Still though, they're new games that feel like old games, in the good way.

Yep, I'm such a fan of the horrible experience it puts you through. Many times, I've come out a snork lair or an anomaly just to get killed by a random pseudodog and see my body get dragged into a hole, or to bleed out while trying to get to a "safe" town and get medical help, or to merely just be talking to someone and get attacked by mutants, as all talking and menus except for pausing is done real time.

It's not like any other games. In other games, you're thinking, "oh, a small challenge I'll easily overcome by trying enough times." But in STALKER, there's just such a stark, vivid difference in the way you play the game; it's too difficult to describe.

deathguardian

Any of the TES games. Basically any RPG (though I stay away unless the character customization is great)
Otherwise...
Crysis 2, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, or Metro 2033.
Those would probably be my favorite PC games anyways.